PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Catch The Embarrassing Mistake On The New TODAY FTD CD??

Jungleroom76
09-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I just finished reading a review of the new TODAY FTD CD on the Elvis Australia website and in the review, they reported a GLARING error!! As soon as I read this, I immediately ran to get my copy of the CD and looked....SURE ENOUGH, there it is!!! :blink:

On the inside panel of the FTD CD, you'll find a reproduction of the original back cover of the TODAY LP. If you look CLOSELY at the song titles....you will see the song SUSAN WHEN SHE SAID!!!! :blush:

I can't believe that such a glaring error was made....I wonder if ANYONE proofreads these covers before they are printed??? :hmm:

Just thought I'd share this with everyone in case they hadn't noticed it yet either!!

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
09-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Jungleroom76,

This sure is a big mistake and no one caught it! :supriced:

Now if they do correct it you have a real collectors item!(y)

But how dumb can they be:hmm:

Thanks for noticing this, good eye (y)

Tommy :)

Jungleroom76
09-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words Tommy, but the original report came from the Elvis Australia website...I just brought the news over here to share with everyone!! :blink:

Sadly though, I doubt FTD will take the time to go back and re-do the cover to correct that mistake!! :'(

I hope I'm wrong... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
10-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Yes it would be nice if they do correct it. But you're right they probably will not correct it. :mad:

Thanks for the reply,

Tommy :)

Lonniebealestreet
10-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Now Mike, how can you seem so surprised? ;) You know better than I this isn't the first mistake like this on FTD, and it surely won't be the last.

Heck, think of all the errors we've seen on the main label. How about the good old He Touched Me gospel set referring to His Hand In Mind? It wasn't a typo either, because that spelling was consistently used throughout. Another thing about that set that kills me involves actual audio. Understand I am no prude, but leaving in some unnecessary dialogue from Elvis which includes the word '****' on a gospel release is just ridiculous. Did anyone bother listening to this track when they chose it?

And I know you'll know the answer to this (I have forgotten), but was it in the notes on a standard BMG release or on an FTD in which they actually misspelled Elvis' name?

Jungleroom76
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
No buddy, I'm not surprised that there is a mistake on an FTD cover....what DOES surprise me a little is that the error is found inside the "original artwork" for the back cover!! Obviously, the original LP didn't have this error on it, so how does an error of this magnitude suddenly pop-up in the reproduction? Obviously, the "original artwork" really ISN'T original, but a re-creation! There is no other explanation that I can come up with!! :hmm:

You are right about the HE TOUCHED ME set...I almost forgot about that one!! :blink:

And the release you are thinking of where they misspelled Elvis PERSLEY'S name is the LIVE IN LAS VEGAS box set!! Granted, it was only in the credits at the bottom of the back cover of the set, but still....has ANYONE ever heard of a spellchecker??? How about proofreader??? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Lonniebealestreet
10-02-2005, 03:06 AM
With FTD being a "collector's label", perhaps Ernst and co. believe these flaws add to the collectability of these releases; i.e., they are intentional. :P

Jungleroom76
10-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I MIGHT be inclined to suspect the errors are intentionally put into the artwork to increase their collectability, IF it wasn't quite so obvious that the errors simply slipped through the proofreading cracks, so to speak.

For instance, in an interview I read with Ernst, he seemed surprised when it was brought to his attention that the show contained on the BIG BOSS MAN FTD CD was incorrectly dated on the inside cover. And he even stated in his response that the show was incorrectly dated and then gave the correct date. This was only a short time after the CD had been released, and I can't believe that he thought it was one show and then shortly after the CD was released discovered it was another show. So I am guessing that this error, as well as all the other ones we have found, are the result of poor proofreading by someone... :hmm:

But maybe it's better that we just live in a fantasy world and believe that Ernst is simply doing this to boost the collectability of the CD's!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

JerryNodak
10-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Now, if they had made a glaring error with one of the songs, THEN I would care.