PDA

View Full Version : nbc comeback special

Memphisgurl
09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
hello everyone

i just bought the 1968 comeback special, delux edition! its amazing! has anyone seen it or own it? i haven't watched all of it yet but from what i saw it is amazing! its pretty funny, some of the bloopers are just hillarious, it just him being him you know! any thoughts?

Jungleroom76
09-29-2005, 11:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ADRIANNA!!! (y)

You have made a wise purchase there!! ;) I think you'll really enjoy the entire set....the entire package is FANTASTIC!!! The stand-up shows are especially cool...one of my favorite parts of the set!!!

Have you seen or purchased the deluxe edition of ALOHA FROM HAWAII yet? If not, I would also recommend that one too!! Again, they did an excellent job with that set!!! (y)

ENJOY YOUR COMEBACK BOX SET!!! :)

TCB!
Mike

Memphisgurl
09-30-2005, 02:40 PM
thank you i will enjoy it!:D

i want to get the aloha set!! do u have it? or does anyone how is it?

Jungleroom76
09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Yes I do have the ALOHA set, and it is simply STUNNING!!! The quality of both the picture and sound are MARVELOUS!!! :notworthy

The original ALOHA show as well as the rehearsal show have been re-edited using different camera angles, so it's just like watching a brand new show!! And you get BOTH the original broadcast of ALOHA as it was seen around the world on January 14th, but you also get the U.S. version that was edited to include the bonus songs (BLUE HAWAII, EARLY MORNIN' RAIN, etc.) that aired in April, 1973!!

The outtakes of Elvis recording the bonus songs after the concert was over is neat to watch!! There is also about 20 minutes of raw footage that was shot for the introduction sequence where Elvis arrived to the island in the helicopter....this part is o.k., although Elvis doesn't arrive until about halfway through the chapter, so this part is a bit boring to watch. It is definitely historic and neat to see, but I doubt you'll watch this particular chapter more than a couple of times!

But you'll absolutely LOVE the colors and music....they are so vibrant and crisp!!! ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL FOR YOUR COLLECTION!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Andy_M
10-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi Adrianna,
yes, both DVD Sets are a must have.
Great releases :cool: :clap:

Tommy
10-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Very good choice (y) By all means go out and buy Aloha set its' awesome (y)

I own both and love them. Great sound! Well worth it:cool:

Enjoy your 68 box set.

Tommy :)

10-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Anyone know why on the Aloha Deluxe DVD, that we don't get either of the Press Conferences for the special?

For me, it is something which I felt should of been included, especialy since this is a deluxe release.

Tommy
10-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Nice Question! (y)

Tommy:)

Jungleroom76
10-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Anyone know why on the Aloha Deluxe DVD, that we don't get either of the Press Conferences for the special?

For me, it is something which I felt should of been included, especialy since this is a deluxe release.

VERY interesting question!!! I have never thought of that, but you are indeed right...I honestly don't know why they didn't include the press conference, but I think it would have been a great addition to the set!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

KPM
10-02-2005, 12:31 AM
I have seen portions of the press conference and from what I saw probably Elvis was not at his best. He slurred words and seemed over medicated or perhaps suffering form jet lag. I still would have liked it included.