PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of Each Song

P.S. Annie
06-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Hi I'm making a database, not quit finished yet, of all my cd's and each songs listed on it. Off course some songs you have lots of and others sometimes one or not at all. Which song do you have most in your collection, which is special and which would you like to have?

carolynlm
06-08-2004, 03:41 AM
Hey Annie,
Without looking at my own data base, I think the most of any one song I have is Suspicious Minds. That one seems to show up regularly on any CD. The one I have the least of is Padre.....I think from memory that only shows up once. But then again, I have two different data bases going, one for official releases and one for imports. I found it was difficult to list them together. I always try to keep the noise down in my house, so as not to annoy my neighbours, but sometimes I have two CD players going at once, both with the same song. Sometimes the information on the liner notes is different, take numbers and such. For something that started out as a hobby, has turned into sometimes a nightmare. You just want to get it right.

P.S. Annie
06-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi Carolyn,
Yes we can get quit crazy about our hobby :P I still haven't finished my database, but I let you know when it is finished what my rare and most common songs are. Your new goal in live is probably to get the status of TCB Mafia ;) :D

Lonniebealestreet
06-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by P.S. Annie@Jun 8 2004, 04:33 AM
Your new goal in live is probably to get the status of TCB Mafia ;) :D
Huh? :blink: What's that?

;)

Sonny
06-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Hound Dog and some of the other "oldies" turn up lots of times in my database.
The same goes for See See Rider...

I'm working on such a database for a long time and it's a hell of a job!

I'm trying to make it as complete as possible, so with take numbers, duration of the songs, and so on...

Going for TCB Mafia... :D

Sonny

Elvis' Babe
06-08-2004, 07:00 PM
i have 4 video clips of suspicious minds (3 if you discount the vh1 music video thingy out of ttwii--which has 3 elvis' swinging their arms at the same time on split screen which is just great), and 2 versions of audio of suspicious minds JUST ON MY COMPUTER.

probably suspicious minds...i really dont have many cds...

carolynlm
06-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by P.S. Annie@Jun 8 2004, 07:33 PM
Hi Carolyn,
Yes we can get quit crazy about our hobby :P I still haven't finished my database, but I let you know when it is finished what my rare and most common songs are. Your new goal in live is probably to get the status of TCB Mafia ;) :D
Yes, thats the next goal........Mafia Member.......We might even buy each other a discount voucher for McDonalds for Christmas........ (y)

P.S. Annie
06-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by carolynlm+Jun 9 2004, 12:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carolynlm &#064; Jun 9 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-P.S. Annie@Jun 8 2004, 07:33 PM
Hi Carolyn,
Yes we can get quit crazy about our hobby :P I still haven&#39;t finished my database, but I let you know when it is finished what my rare and most common songs are. Your new goal in live is probably to get the status of TCB Mafia ;)&nbsp; :D
Yes, thats the next goal........Mafia Member.......We might even buy each other a discount voucher for McDonalds for Christmas........ (y)[/b][/quote]
so we can buy a :pepsi: :clap:

P.S. Annie
06-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Sonny@Jun 8 2004, 06:52 PM
Hound Dog and some of the other "oldies" turn up lots of times in my database.
The same goes for See See Rider...

I&#39;m working on such a database for a long time and it&#39;s a hell of a job&#33;

I&#39;m trying to make it as complete as possible, so with take numbers, duration of the songs, and so on...

Going for TCB Mafia... :D

Sonny
Hi Sonny,

What kind of data do you put in your datatbase? I started, with song, album, date recording/show, take/which show, place.

carolynlm
06-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Inititally when I started mine, I just wanted to be able to quickly find any song or recording that was being discussed. It just turned into a MONSTER....A lot of people in the Elvis world are so knowledgeable about different takes, that you get a look at your own collection and think it&#39;s quite poorly. I tried to put the imports and the official releases together but it was leaving too many blank spaces. Sometimes the liner notes on the CD&#39;s are different as well. Lately I have been trying to pull together the &#39;68 Special with the imports and official CD&#39;s. When I finally :blink: realised that the jokes were duplicated on both shows, it became easier.

WMarkJ
04-29-2007, 07:30 AM
The song I have the least # of takes is An Evening Prayer. I have 2 takes, 1 master and 1 alternate.

Lisarose
04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Can't Help Falling in Love shows up a lot in my very limited collection, Sylvia, I only have once.