PDA

View Full Version : Elvis & Jerry Lee Lewis

Lildarling
09-16-2005, 02:54 PM
I just heard on www.live365.com (http://www.live365.com) Elvis hits radio a completely amazing song I've never heard of: Hello Josephine by "Killer" and Elvis...Has anyone of you heard of it???!!!!When and how was it recorded? By elvis voice I might suppose that it may be late 60's or early 70's.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lildarling
09-16-2005, 03:20 PM
....then I dhould consider myself a bad Elvis' fan if I hadn't recognized his voice....****nn...but...ok....thanx....

One more: what about Bob Dylan's Don't think twice it's all right? When was it recorded? Where can I get it?

tcbtigerman
09-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Orion sounded nothing like Elvis,but its still entertaining ...

Lindnet
09-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I tried it, but after it downloaded, it didn't work for me. Oh well.

Hey, isn't Orion the one that was in the middle of that made-up story about someone trading places with Elvis and him still being alive?

jbgude
09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
The most famous of the lot / duets was/ is " Save the last dance for me" which had RCA bring a suit to prevent it being released.....Orion overdid the imitation bit most of the time.

eap1977
09-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Can't help you with your Bob Dylan question but I uploaded 2 Orion & JLL tracks for you to listen too:D

http://rapidshare.de/files/5166483/JLL_friends01.zip.html

Just press the link, then scroll down and press Free and wait for a few second before you download the files.

Hi, Tried to download but couldn't find it, can you help someone mentally challenged?

EnigmaticSun
09-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes, I've heard the songs. Indeed it's not Elvis, but 'Orion' (Jimmy Ellis). This guy wore a mask on stage, so that he wasn't really to be recognized. He performed after Elvis' death and people were wondering who the guy was.

The songs with Jerry Lee are recordings of the Killer with the voice of Orion being added later on, as far as I know.

The guy (Ellis) was shot a few years ago in a store which he was running at the time.

Orion is a 'strange' name; the mythological name of a hero which is to be seen in the constellations of the sky. I thought that some folks of the Elvites (a church community) believe that Elvis is a supernatural being who is now living in the Orion constellation.

semero
09-16-2005, 08:11 PM
This record is very deceptive, it tries to give the impression that these recordings are by Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley , actually they are the standard released versions of the Jerry Lee Lewis songs with Elvis imitators -actually Jimmy Ellis ( ORION ) and Charlie Rich - singing along.

> DUETS (SUN 1011) (Credited to Jerry Lee Lewis & Friends) US > Released 1978

Save The Last Dance For Me
Sweet Little Sixteen
I Love You Because
C.C. Rider
Am I To Be The One*
Sail Away*

Cold Cold Heart
Hello Josephine
It Won't Happen With Me
What'd I Say
Good Golly Miss Molly

The tracks marked * are duets by J.L. Lewis and Charlie Rich with no Orion involvement. Issued on gold vinyl.

> U.K. Catalogue number: Charley Records SUN 1002. Black vinyl only. Reportedly also issued on RCA's record club label with different catalogue numbers and on black vinyl.

> Sun-Bellaphon BBS 2568 ( Germany 1978 )

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/3456/duetsjerrylewisandfriendslp7hs.jpg

kamikazeeab2003
09-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Actually Jimmy Ellis is Orion's real name. The fictional name was Orion Eckley Darnell, and was taken from a book written by Gail Brewer - Giorgio in 1978. Ellis had been recording under his own name until Shelby Singleton, the owner of Sun records in the '70's heard him shortly after reading the book. He used the gimmick to sell lots more records than Ellis had been selling on his own. Years later Ellis took off the mask he had been wearing as Orion and went back to recording and performing under his own name. He and his former wife were shot and killed in Dec. 1998, by two fellows that were robbing the store they owned.

09-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Don't Think Twice It's Alright.... one of my all time favourites from Elvis. I think it was recorded 73'-74' or maybe 75', not later than that though. Don't have anything to check the date for you with me at the moment.

It was recorded by the Studio Engineer, Elvis and the band just started to jam it, it wasn never 'meant' to be recorded. It's a real jem, also, if you have the Live and Unplugged Album, with the recordings of Elvis singing,"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" in Linda Thompson's parents house, I think it's her parents, but regardless it's brilliant music. Elvis should of done that in the studio, just him and a guitar, I know it would never have happened, but if it did!

I would be very keep to listen to an Elvis Unplugged album had it been recorded (who woulden't!). Imagine the King and his guitar in 73' doing,

That's All Right
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

and many more!

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-17-2005, 09:38 AM
You can tell that it isn't Elvis because the vocals and how they are being sung are just a bit to much like someone Imitating Elvis if you know what I mean............................. That said he is very, very good and I would like to hear some cover versions done by Orion, are there any available??

Matt

Can't help you with your Bob Dylan question but I uploaded 2 Orion & JLL tracks for you to listen too:D

http://rapidshare.de/files/5166483/JLL_friends01.zip.html

Just press the link, then scroll down and press Free and wait for a few second before you download the files.

09-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks Unchained, I hadn't heard any of those ones before. I had heard a few from him, but never those ones. I remember hearing Kingcontinued once, with Doug Church, and thought that it sorta showed what Elvis may have done if he was still around. Anyone hear that Album? Thanks again Unchained.

Lildarling
09-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanx for the links...now I HEAR the difference-LOL...actually I kinda like those recordings, though I despise Elvis' impersonators...
And you can now wonder...how it would be like, if Elvis IN PERSON:king: would record "Hello Josephine" etc.;) It would be great...

Raised on Rock
09-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Don´t Think Twice Its All Right (released on th 63' album "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan")was recorded by ELvis on May 15 1971, and released for the first time in '73 on the Album "ELVIS", anyway, only a small part of the complete Jam was released (2:42 min). On The 5 Cd box set "Walk a Mile On My SHoes" another fragment (4:01 min.) of this Jam was released.

The complete Jam hasn´t been released on and oficial RCA/BMG CD which is utterly stupid. It was released in its enterely on an LP called Memories, and in some Bootlegers.