PDA

View Full Version : EIN Exclusive - New October FTDs confirmed

PiersEIN
08-14-2005, 04:08 AM
EIN EXCLUSIVE - October FTDS confirmed
EIN roving reporter Sanja Meegin spoke to Roger Semon who confirmed that the FTD October 2005 releases will be the 'Loving You' extended Soundtrack, 'Something for Everybody' in the classic album series, as well as the already confirmed 'Summer Festival' live concert. They also played 4 new never before heard outakes of 'Blue Moon'

For all the exclusive news from Memphis see Sanja's great reports here. (http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_elvisweek2005.html)
For all the Elvis News go here (http://www.elvisinfonet.com/index.html)

It's great that they are still finding new material.

Cheers
Piers

Lonniebealestreet
08-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks a lot for your report, Piers.

Loving You? :hmm:

Andy_M
08-14-2005, 08:52 AM
These are fantastic news Piers :cool: :clap:

Albert
08-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Although I LOVE the "Something For Everybody" album, we already have so many alternate takes from tracks from that album. Therefor I look most forward to the "Loving You" soundtrack.

I'm realy glad to see that FTD keeps re-releasing the soundtracks in 7" format. I already was a bit worried that they would stop with those and continue with the re-releasing of the studio-albums (that I also enjoy).

Andy_M
08-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Hope they release ALL Original Albums in this 7" Format.

Lonniebealestreet
08-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Although I LOVE the "Something For Everybody" album, we already have so many alternate takes from tracks from that album.
Wasn't that also the case with Tickle Me?

I question Loving You because we just got a Loving You release on the main label. Too Much!

NEA
08-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Erm...sorry, but whatever happened to the release of "Raised On Rock" in October??...Have I missed something here?!

Erm...sorry, I'm skeptical about both "Loving You" and "Something For Everybody"...erm...well, maybe if they include alternate takes of the likes of "Teddy Bear" and "Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do" on "Loving You" then that's ok...but, I'm sure we'll also get the already umpteen takes of the title song along with "Party" - I can't believe I'm moaning because "Loving You" is one of my favourite soundtracks, but come on guys you know the kind of games that can be played.

I don't understand because both "Loving You" and "Something For Everybody" are already available in upgraded form (extra songs) in the official catalogue!

Oh guys, I think this is S * * *....

Whatever happened to "Raised On Rock"??!!

Talk about dangling a nice big juicy orange carrott...

Sadly,

NEA.

P.S. If you have just purchased the newly remastered "Loving You" CD then you must have more bloody money than sense...talk about 'ringing it dry', Jeezo!

Albert
08-14-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't understand because both "Loving You" and "Something For Everybody" are already available in upgraded form (extra songs) in the official cataloge!

Oh guys, I think this is S * * *....

Whatever happened to "Raised On Rock"??!!

You got a point there: this 7" series is not meant for the non-Elvisfans. And many of the potential buyers of the upgraded serie probably will own the upgraded CD's (released around 1997-1999?).

So why not release the albums on the 7" format that haven't been upgraded before (like Raised On Rock, He Touched Me, Elvis Now, etc.) sooner?

Lonniebealestreet
08-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Raised On Rock...:doh: I had a sense that something was missing there. That sucks.

richardo316
08-15-2005, 02:07 AM
great news. i'm especially looking forward to loving you and summer festival. be interesting to see which show they use:D

Andy_M
08-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Raised on Rock will definitive come.
Sooner or later. Thats for sure. Trust me.
It would make NO sence to bring this NOT out.

JerryNodak
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
FTD October releases:

1. "Loving You" is not a favorite of mine. I would have preferred another soundtrack. And wasn't much of this material just released about 8 months ago? Kevan Budd did a marvellous remastering job. Must milk the cash cow.
I'll buy it eventually.

2. "Something For Everybody" is a favorite of mine. But why now? Much of this material has been upgraded(albeit, several years ago). Whereas, the rumored "Raised On Rock" has not. I'll buy SFE eventually. Would have bought ROR upon release.

3. "Summer Festival" Hate soundboards. Won't buy, ever.

All in all nothing for me to get excited about in the October FTD news.