PDA

View Full Version : "T.T.W.I.I." - 35 Years

NEA
07-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Just a reminder folks about MGM's first ever Elvis movie-documentary celebrating its 35th Anniversary this year. The filming of "Elvis - That's The Way It Is" commenced in July/August, 1970 in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

That's The Way It Was.

NEA
07-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Here's a question to mark this occassion:

Are there any live concert versions available of "How The Web Was Woven" and "Mary In The Morning" from the August/September, 1970 engagement?

Oh yes, and here's another couple of pics from this period:

rams
07-31-2005, 02:53 AM
NEA

As far as i know there are no available "LIVE" actual concert recordings available as of yet of these 2 songs you asked of. I'm pretty sure there are various "LIVE" studio ttwii outake recording takes of these songs though available ? Hopefully 1 day epe enterprises & bmg/rca will stop holding back material from us fans instead of the slow bleed rehashed material they continue to dump on us ? Alot of material is still out there yet but we continue to still get rehashed cd's with 1 or 2 unreleased cuts !!!!

(n) Shame on EPE enterprises & rca/bmg(n)

rams

NEA
07-31-2005, 02:19 PM
It's really quite surprising there are no "TTWII" live versions available of these 2 great ballads...

I suppose they would have been released with the 3-CD Box Set from 2000? Or maybe they are still held in the vaults?

When I first viewed the original "TTWII" and then purchased the original album I often wondered why the songs "Twenty Days & Twenty Nights" and "Just Pretend" were included on the album. But, with the release of "The Lost Performances" video & the Special Edition movie as well as the 3-CD box - I now know why, and that is because he actually performed these songs live from the taping of the movie.

In the movie Elvis was obviously rehearsing "Mary In The Morning" for inclusion in his Stage Show (see Red Shirt), but quite a bit of mystery surrounds the inclusion of "How The Web Was Woven" in his live act. The only filmed material (so far) of this song being performed, is the same studio footage of Elvis passionately belting out this song whilst playing piano, John Wilkinson watches Elvis with such admiration, and then Elvis falls off to one side of his piano stool as he finishes the song (very funny).

Surely there must be some other footage out there of E performing this song during a full rehearsal or maybe even a live on stage version in the vaults? Or maybe he didn't include it in his rehearsal or live repertoire for "TTWII", and all that exists is just the impromptu piano version?

Oh well, time will tell....

iloveelvis05
07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
I absolutely LOVE everything about TTWII!!! :wub: It's an incredible movie/documentary! EVERYTHING about the movie and Elvis are wonderful! I fall in love with the King all over again everytime I watch it. He's amazing!!! :notworthy

A few of my favorite photos from TTWII...
http://www.tcb-files.com/elvispictures/TTWII%20New/Concha%20Jumpsuit/concha%2030.jpg
^^^I LOVE his eyes in the picture!!!

http://www.tcb-files.com/elvispictures/TTWII%20New/Red%20Ladder/red%20ladder%2023.jpg
^^^Kinda dark photo...but I LOVE it. He's so dreamy, hehe!

NEA
07-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Nicely stated....Thanks for your words and those great pics!