PDA

View Full Version : 3rd sit down show?

Gertepet
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Hello.

What can you people tell me about a possible 3rd sit down show after the two stand up shows on saturday the 29th of june 1968?

NEA
06-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Hi there,

I don't think there was an actual third sit-down show - I presume you're referring to the photos of Elvis playing acousitc guitar wearing his blue denim outfit and black wristbands?

I think these photos were taken during the dressing-room rehearsals at Burbank Studios between June 24 & 26 or possibly on the day of taping some of the Guitar Man production number. This occurred on the same day as the sit-down shows of 6pm & 8pm on June 27th.

But, nevertheless, I will stand to be corrected if I am wrong!

Cheers,

NEA.

Captain Elwood David
06-08-2005, 05:25 AM
I don't think there was an actual third sit-down show - I presume you're referring to the photos of Elvis playing acousitc guitar wearing his blue denim outfit and black wristbands?

I think these photos were taken during the ..... rehearsals ...
NEA has pretty much got this topic covered.

The "denim" sit-down pics are a hot-topic (like a number of others) that perennially keep popping-up needing to be debunked in terms of MYTH.

--------------------

There was no 3rd "Sit-Down" show. Period.

--------------------

It has been rumoured that EPE is sitting on other '68 related material (The Col.'s Birthday Song, etc.).

I stress ---> R-U-M-O-U-R. I haven't seen it personally & those that have are always whispering, shifting their eyes back-n-forth .......... stating that they know somebody, who knows somebody, who knows somebody .......... who has seen it. ;)

- Capt. "EL."

Gertepet
06-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Thank you for your answers....too bad it's just a myth....anyway, we'll keep on hoping EPE still has a lot "undiscovered/unreleased material' in teir vaults........

Andy_M
06-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Too bad that this don't exist :lmfao: