PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find This is Elvis on DVD?

Spiritan95
06-03-2005, 04:42 AM
I recall seeing This is Elvis on DVD being offered by some DVD shop on the www.elvisnews.com

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks,
Dan

karlos
06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
U MAY BE ABLE TO PICK A COPY OF THIS DVD ON E- BAY .
HAPPY HUNTING . - ;) :cool:

bogarcon
07-06-2005, 12:40 AM
this dvd with the original lp picture cover is still available here in canada at the fan club. it is the extra footage version. excellent quality. a very good seller in conventions. good luck for your search.
have a nice day, bogarcon;)

Andreas
09-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I have the movie in the longest version available,appr. 155 minutes,in english but unfortunately with japanese subtitles.That?s the best I?ve seen yet.

8mmlowa
03-07-2006, 03:55 PM
this is out on dvd!
i don?t believe that
maybe just a cheap vhs rip on a dvd r :angry:

but i heard from jerry schilling that they work on a revised ediotn for dvd.

bassienl
11-12-2006, 12:00 PM
I have an excellent 3 Disc version which comes from a LaserDisc. It's the long version.

Tony Trout
11-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey, y'all....

Before you start getting excitred, those DVDs that you've been hearing about are most likely cheap rip-off DVD-R's....BUT I do have some wonderful news!

"This Is Elvis" will be released as a 2-disc SE in 2007! This information comes from a source at Warner Brothers who is a good friend of mine.

diamond
11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
this dvd with the original lp picture cover is still available here in canada at the fan club. it is the extra footage version. excellent quality. a very good seller in conventions. good luck for your search.
have a nice day, bogarcon;)

Is there any chance you can get us some more details..........the price and such,
Iwould appreciate it :D

Tommy
11-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Please do this in private emails.

Thanks,

Tommy

thehillbillycat
11-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey, y'all....

Before you start getting excitred, those DVDs that you've been hearing about are most likely cheap rip-off DVD-R's....BUT I do have some wonderful news!

"This Is Elvis" will be released as a 2-disc SE in 2007! This information comes from a source at Warner Brothers who is a good friend of mine.

Yes, that is wonderful news but from what I have heard it will not include the begining part of the movie with Johnny Harra going into Graceland.

diamond
11-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Please do this in private emails.

Thanks,

Tommy

Sorry Tommy.:blush:
I only wanted the address of the Canadian Fan Club if possible, to get details of prices and such

DonMichael
11-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey, y'all....

very good news

Tommy
11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
This is very good news about "This Is Elvis" being released in 2007.(y) :cool:

alstrada
12-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Right here

www.rareelvispresley.com

Matt
12-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Might as well forget this being released anytime soon, at least a deluxe edition anyways............

Unchained Melody
12-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Might as well forget this being released anytime soon, at least a deluxe edition anyways............

Yeah you are probably right Matt...from the news i've heard we want be seeing it no time soon (n) .

JDD
12-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey, y'all....

That would be great Tony. They've said that once or twice in the past and it never came to pass for whatever reason. Perhaps your friend filled you in on the reasons or its just not high priority for the studio. Anyone have any ideal what the original box office did money wise on that movie?

Matt
01-26-2007, 01:18 AM
I also wanted to say something about "cheap vhs rips" on dvd-r. I'm not sure why people are getting down on vhs transfers to dvd. I have alot of footage that I transfered myself from my vhs tapes over to dvd and the quality, on most, will blow your mind. Granted, it's far from being "dvd quality" but it's alot better than vcd dvds, which seems to be a very popular form of really ripping fans off.......

Irene
07-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Would this new 2-DVD contain everything that has already been released, does anyone know?

Burning_Love
07-28-2007, 08:29 PM
If your from the UK :
www.play.com

Free postage and packaging...great site

Tony Trout
07-29-2007, 05:33 AM
Would this new 2-DVD contain everything that has already been released, does anyone know?

The new DVD will contain both the original film plus the thatrical 144-minute version of the film and a few extras thrown in....all on a 2-DVD set.

Lisarose
08-05-2007, 04:00 AM
I just got notice about This Is Elvis - 2 Dvd set , I am not at all familiar with this although I've seen some clips with Johnny Harra on YouTube. Please give some reviews. Is this new release something worth investing time & money on?

Tony Trout
08-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I just got notice about This Is Elvis - 2 Dvd set , I am not at all familiar with this although I've seen some clips with Johnny Harra on YouTube. Please give some reviews. Is this new release something worth investing time & money on?

See my earlier reply below about the new 2-DVD Special Edition set of "This Is Elvis":

The new DVD will contain both the original film plus the thatrical 144-minute version of the film and a few extras thrown in....all on a 2-DVD set.

To add to what I just posted, here is exactly what will be included in the new 2-DVD Special Edition of "This Is Elvis" (info found on "Elvis Australia"):

From executive producer and award-winning documentarian David L. Wolper (Roots, L.A. Confidential), This Is Elvis is an intimate, behind-the-scenes portrait crafted by Andrew Solt (Imagine: John Lennon) and Malcolm Leo (Rolling Stone: 20 Years of Rock 'n' Roll). Elvis' "authorized biography" draws on interviews with the people who knew Presley best – family, friends, employees and mentor/manager Colonel Tom Parker – and includes some rare, never before seen footage, including home movies, newsreels and several key TV appearances.
Special Features:

Disc 1:
- First-ever home video release of the original, uncensored 1981 Theatrical version in a new digital transfer with soundtrack remastered in Dolby Surround 2.0
Vintage featurette Behind the Gates of Graceland
- Elvis Presley movie trailer gallery
- Subtitles: Fran?ais (feature film only)

Disc 2: 1983 Unrated expanded Home video version with 40 minutes of footage not shown in theatres
- Subtitles: Fran?ais (feature film only)

In a word: Yes, this is something worth buying!

mn-designs
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I bought this 2 disc set yesterday, and i watched disc1 the same eve...and have to say that the quality on this complete digitally remastered disc is very good! the sound is improved big time!! probably the best movie ever made about our man, even with the little mistakes in it...only 1 advice: BUY IT!
It would be great if sony/bmg would release the soundtrack of this movie...lot of rare songs and some great overdubbs were made (just love the way they dubbed an american trilogy)....

thehillbillycat
08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Any Elvis DVD Collection isn't complete without This Is Elvis in that collection. It was done fantastic.

rich
08-11-2007, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Spiritan95;46793]I recall seeing This is Elvis on DVD being offered by some DVD shop on the www.elvisnews.com

Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks,
Dan[/QUOTE

PLAY.COM AMAZON.CO.UK EBAY.CO.UK HMV.CO.UK.

Burning_Love
08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Play.com =

?9.99 !!!!!!!!!

It's a great site for Elvis things, i buy a lot from there :D:D

elvis himselvis
08-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I can't wait to get my dvd of THIS IS ELVIS.
Great movie(y):king:

TLC67
08-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Just got my copy on Ebay! Can't wait to get it!

tilly puyk
08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
heeeeeeeeeeeeeee fans pleas vote for elvis a.u.b

www.persoonvanhetjaar.nl

thanks gr tilly

ChrisdeB
09-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Is it true that only the theatrical version of the film on disc 1 has been remastered?

ChrisdeB
09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I very nearly purchased this dvd yesterday, however I did hesitate and not brought it as the 2nd dvd that contained the uncut version was not remastered. ustingI found that quite disgusting. I guess they wil be remastering it and reselling it again in a few years time!!!

ad schijven
09-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Is it true that only the theatrical version of the film on disc 1 has been remastered?

Unfortunatly that`s true Chris. I`m very very dissapointed in the 2 dvd set.(n) This is an absolute ripp off if you ask me.:hmm:
The first dvd with the theatrical version is superb quality and sound, but the bonus material is totaly worthless.......it looks like your watching one of your oldest videotapes, so poor is the quality.
I sincerly hoped that the long version would be remastered too, but it`s not.:mad: Also in this case the footage looks to come directly from a videotape and the quality is poor for dvd standards.
This is a very bad release and even worse because it`s the official product and we will not get it in better quality. What where the people at Warner Bros thinking when they released this poor product?:hmm:..........i think i know......whithin one year they will release the dvd with the long version again and totaly remastered. It worked 5 times with the Aloha concert en the 68 special, so why not try it again.......it`s a bloody shame if you ask me.:angry:

Getlo
09-22-2007, 02:02 AM
It would be great if sony/bmg would release the soundtrack of this movie...lot of rare songs and some great overdubbs were made (just love the way they dubbed an american trilogy)....

The soundtrack was released in 1981 as a double LP.

I don't think it's had an official CD release though ...

Andy_M
09-22-2007, 09:51 PM
The soundtrack was released in 1981 as a double LP.

I don't think it's had an official CD release though ...

You are right Getlo (y)

PS bist du das Getlo? :P ;)

Tony Trout
09-22-2007, 10:08 PM

Unfortunatly that`s true Chris. I`m very very dissapointed in the 2 dvd set.(n) This is an absolute ripp off if you ask me.:hmm:
The first dvd with the theatrical version is superb quality and sound, but the bonus material is totaly worthless.......it looks like your watching one of your oldest videotapes, so poor is the quality.
I sincerly hoped that the long version would be remastered too, but it`s not.:mad: Also in this case the footage looks to come directly from a videotape and the quality is poor for dvd standards.
This is a very bad release and even worse because it`s the official product and we will not get it in better quality. What where the people at Warner Bros thinking when they released this poor product?:hmm:..........i think i know......whithin one year they will release the dvd with the long version again and totaly remastered. It worked 5 times with the Aloha concert en the 68 special, so why not try it again.......it`s a bloody shame if you ask me.:angry:

You are correct. If I'm not mistaken, only the new version of the movie was "remastered"....same as with the new WB release of "Elvis: That's The Way It Is"--the 2001 version is mixed in stereo whereas the original 1970 version is mixed in mono.

ad schijven
09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
You are correct. If I'm not mistaken, only the new version of the movie was "remastered"....same as with the new WB release of "Elvis: That's The Way It Is"--the 2001 version is mixed in stereo whereas the original 1970 version is mixed in mono.

That is the awfull truth Tony and to my opinion it`s a disgrace to release such important material in this way to the fans. Again and again...EPE takes the fans for a fool and so does BMG.
"This is Elvis" and "TTWII 1970" should have been released in topquality with good sound, because that`s why DVD was invented wasn`t it???
In the meantime we are all still waiting for the official release of "Elvis on tour"........it would make a great boxset wouldn`t it? :blush:........and ofcourse "Elvis in concert"........BMG and EPE don`t make me a very happy Elvis fan that`s for sure.:mad:

ChrisdeB
10-04-2007, 02:28 AM

I will not be buying this item unfortunatly, its a real shame as I was looking forward to this. I thought the years of shoddy product like this was over!! There is absoloutly no need for this!!

GirlHappy19
10-04-2007, 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRMOR8i5RMY

Listen to this.pls

ChrisdeB
10-04-2007, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRMOR8i5RMY

Listen to this.pls

Sorry I dont understand wht this has to do with the topic?

Suzan
10-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Online or WalMart :D
I thoroughly enjoy this dvd...I have the original release from 1981 on vhs and I was excited to get it on dvd.:D