PDA

View Full Version : Are there alternate cover for Elvis in concert (cd)?

Geert
05-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi there,

I've seen a lot of beautiful alternate covers from you all here and I was wondering if anyone has created or can create an alternate cover for the BMG Elvis in concert cd (see quick scan from the original front cover in the attachment).
I recently bought this cd. I like the pictures that were used but in my opinion they don't really match with the concert itself. BMG used pictures from different concerts throughout 1974-1976. But as you know these are recordings from his last tour in 1977. The cd is adapted more like a soundtrack from the CBS special - Elvis in concert - with some extra tracks wich are recorded on various 1977 concerts. He wore the Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit.
I know he didn't look at his best during that time. But I think we don't have to denie this period. I'ts just a part of his career. And I think you need a lot of courage to get on stage when you look like that and have such health problems. Most of the concert he sounds great (except for the teddy bear/don't be cruel medley). Also the soundquality is very good (background vocals a bit to loud compared to Elvis) But this is not a review of this concert so I'll stop with that info ;)
I'dd just like to have a cover that fits more in this tour (maybe with the Elvis in concert logo from the CBS special?). As I said before the now used pictures are great but in my opinion have nothing to do with this tour. It must be possible to find some nice pictures from this period. So if anyone of you can help me with an alternate front- inside- and backcover for this cd I would be very grateful:D

Geert

spinout-designs
05-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Unchained has made alternate covers for this disc - you can find them on page 4 of his alternate covers section.

http://www.tcb-world.com/unchained/

Geert
05-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks Spinout! This is just what I was looking for :D

Great cover (and website) Unchained!

Btw you've got a great website to Spinout!

Bit dumb of mine to not check your websites :blush:

Geert