PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible?

EP4MEUK
05-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Is it possible that an Elvis fan could have heard every song that Elvis recorded? I have been a fan since I was 8 yrs old and even today I am finding new songs I have never heard before. I know I don't have everything Elvis recorded but it is great to hear these songs I never knew he had sang. Yesterday I heard for the first time "I'll Hold You In My Heart" and " Stranger In My Home Town" I have these on my Elvis Artist Of The Century CD album and had never listened to them. Now I have I love them:clap: Sometimes I feel silly for not hearing them before and being an Elvis fan for so many years I think I should have :hmm: Also is it possible for anyone to have collected everything Elvis recorded it seems such a huge task but there must be someone out there that as..I know that someone is not me :blush:

love and peace,
Susan.

jbgude
05-29-2005, 08:35 PM
It depends on what you classify as " every song ever recorded" - There is good chance that we have had all the studio recorded songs - released both officially and unofficially ( not counting the many alternate takes) many Elvis fans or serious collectors would have them. I do.

Then there are over a 1000 concerts recordings and I do know a few people who have have 700+ in various degrees of sound quality..... I do not have them all nor do I even want acquire them (even for free!) :!:

You never heard the complete Memphis sesssions before ? and you say you are fan for many years ?? :supriced:

as Elvis said " ..it never ceases to amaze me!"

EP4MEUK
05-30-2005, 02:59 PM
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I have ordered The Memphis sessions now :blink:

I lost track of Elvis music back in the 80's when I started my family shame to say but I never had time to listen to music with 3 children running round the place :'( but I have made upfor the lost years now they have all grown up (y) Everything music is Elvis again like when I was in my early teens and it feels so good. This question I asked just cost me some cash for I felt the need to order more CD's they should arrive in 5-6 days :clap:

Shame on Me :wub:

Love and peace,

Susan.

karlos
05-30-2005, 03:37 PM
:cool: Well my opinion is, if u have been collecting Elvis material on Cds , Lps , 45s , videos , Laserdiscs , etc for awhile, that u can accumulate many Elvis tracks or songs that Elvis has recorded .-
I have been collecting Elvis for over 20 years now and have many CDS etc in my collection .- I started collecting at th age of 6 yrs old and I have all the RCA releases not from England , but from mostly evry country in the world .-I have alway said to my friends and family that Elvis is my idol and that no - one will ever take the crown , (so to speak) , away from him - :cool:

Lildarling
06-03-2005, 08:46 PM
I have been a fan for only 10 years and I have got only A VERY SMALL part of Elvis' recordings....To tell you the truth....It's GREAT to discover a new Elvis' song every day!! THAT"S THE THING!!!!

geordie
06-04-2005, 12:15 AM
ive been collecting for about 20 years now, i think ive got every studio song the king did.but i am no were near the other elvis fans that i have seen on this site, or read about. i was reading 1 el mag the other day and this fan said he had 670 books on elvis,can you believe that :supriced: .it doesnt matter how many elvis c.d.s or books ect. that people have,just as long as you enjoy the king.:cool: :notworthy

Albert
06-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't have the need to collect all takes of every session, or recordings of all liveshows. I settle for just the good ones ;)

My father was/is an Elvisfan, so I grew up listening to my father's Elvis collection. He stopped collecting albums from 1970 and only had the In Concert 2-LP and Moody Blue on cassette.

Man, did I love the search for LP's and songs that I didn't knew before. Remember the days before the internet where you had to rely on your local stores and sources. Man, what an experience it was for me to hear "Elvis Today" for the first time when I bought it in an importshop in Amsterdam (on a day trip with my Latin class).

It's a shame when you come to the point that you pretty much have all Elvissongs. But even then, you can re-discover songs. I always skipped the CD when I heard "Singing Tree" untill a day that I suddenly liked it and played it many times since. That moment felt like I discovered the song for the first time. Great moments like that still happen once in a while.

EP4MEUK
06-04-2005, 10:53 AM
ive been collecting for about 20 years now, i think ive got every studio song the king did.but i am no were near the other elvis fans that i have seen on this site, or read about. i was reading 1 el mag the other day and this fan said he had 670 books on elvis,can you believe that :supriced: .it doesnt matter how many elvis c.d.s or books ect. that people have,just as long as you enjoy the king.:cool: :notworthy

I most cetainly do enjoy THE KING :cool:

I get asked "do you have all the music by Elvis? when someone knows I am a fan and when I say "no" they seem shocked like I should have :blink: It is so hard to explain to them that the collection of Elvis is vast and like you said Albert

"That moment felt like I discovered the song for the first time. Great moments like that still happen once in a while.

I am sure that can not be said for many other artists especially one that as passed away more than 25 years ago..it speaks for its self :king: I have not heard "The Singing Tree" but I will listen to it when I find out which album it is on :blush: and they say blondes are dizzy :blink:

Thanks you guys for the replies much appreciated:clap:

love and peace,
Susan.

Albert
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM
You shouldn't let other people tell you that the amount of owned CD's or known facts makes you a bigger Elvisfan.

If you're enjoying Elvis with owning 15CD's, then that doesn't make you a lesser Elvisfan (y)

Cherokee
06-04-2005, 12:43 PM
You shouldn't let other people tell you that the amount of owned CD's or known facts makes you a bigger Elvisfan.

If you're enjoying Elvis with owning 15CD's, then that doesn't make you a lesser Elvisfan (y)

Hear, hear!(y)