PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own?

ph10579
05-19-2005, 09:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone owns a cd called "a cold night in nashville" it is a cd filled with songs(actual demos) that Elvis listened to and was planning to record in January 1977, circumstances caused him to cancel these sessions. But reviewers said you can almost imagine Elvis doing these songs. Too bad things fell through:'( !!! I don't own the cd, but I'm hoping that someday someone or some website might have audio samples that I can listen to before I go out and buy the cd. If anyone out there knows where I can find these samples let me know!:clap: Thanks guys!!! Have a:) day!!!

Albert
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
No, unfortunately not...

But I've read about it and I agree with you that it sounds very interesting. How many of the songs were actually confirmed to be on a possible list for a future recordingsession?

Lonniebealestreet
05-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I can confirm them.

Only kidding...Can someone post the tracklisting?

Sonny
05-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Here you go...

http://www.tcb-files.com/covers/5428cc6c132c7d.jpg

tracks:

By day by day - Dennis Linde
Rainy night in Georgia - Brook Benton
Energy - Tommy Roe
That's what you do for me - Bob Morrison
Way down - Layng Martine Jr
Yes I do - Alan Rush
Let me on - Layng Martine Jr
Energy - Bob Morrison
Rainy night in Georgia - Tony Joe White
I've got a feelin' in my body - Dennis Linde

I anyone's interested for more info, just click: www.jatpublishing.com (http://www.jatpublishing.com)

Sonny

Lonniebealestreet
05-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Yes, if only Elvis had recorded Way Down and I Got A Feelin' In My Body! ;)

Thanks for the info, Sonny. A few of those titles don't ring any bells with me. I'll have to check into them.

curtis simpkins
05-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I hard on that 1977 was going to be a blues album and on that album he was going
to record "Steamroller Blues"
but has for the rest of the album i have'nt have a clue.

but it would be a fine album if he had done it.

Jungleroom76
05-19-2005, 10:37 PM
I have the CD (it came as a free gift for those that pre-ordered copies of Joe Tunzi's book ELVIS SESSIONS III), but for collectability purposes, I have kept my copy sealed! :)

As for confirmed songs, I think the only one that was confirmed to be recorded for the January '77 session was RAINY NIGHT IN GEORGIA. All of the others were just submitted for Elvis' consideration!! :hmm:

Anyone else have any more information on this cancelled session?? Would love to learn more!! :cool:

TCB!
Mike

ph10579
05-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Is there anyway to get those sound samples on this site, or do you know of a site I can go to to hear them. Thanks:)

Jungleroom76
05-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Actually, you have done the best thing just by posting your request! Hopefully someone who has these songs can help us out and post samples for everyone to enjoy!

TCB!
Mike

ph10579
05-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks Mike, hopefully someday someone might be able to give us some sound samples.:cool: Thanks everyone for your info. I learn something new everyday.

elvisdownunder
05-28-2005, 07:42 AM
i'm planning to get the cd once i have enough money, and will then record my vocal for these songs on to tape to give a feel of how Elvis might've sung it. i have a similar voice to Elvis and can sing songs like 'danny boy' and 'devil in disguise' very closely