PDA

View Full Version : FTD should branch out !!!

ph10579
05-14-2005, 03:46 PM
With the success of Follow that dream records and their cd releases, I think that FTD should branch out to include selling dvds of unreleased or amatueur footage of Elvis and or his concerts. It would be a great Idea for FTD!!! And the collectors would be pretty happy too!!!(y)

Albert
05-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Eventually: yes, right now: no

With the start of releasing the 7" soundtracks they were already "branching out". And without having finished the re-releasing of the soundtracks they're already re-releasing other original albums.

I prefer them to finish releasing the soundtracks first before they start re-releasing other original albums. If they're done with that, I'd be more than happy when they would use the FTD label to release video footage (in dvd format).

Jungleroom76
05-14-2005, 11:46 PM
I have to agree with Albert on this one! I would DEFINITELY LOVE to see the FTD label release some DVD's containing unreleased fan-shot concert footage....I think they would be very well received by the fans and would definitely be GREAT selling DVD's for the label!!

HOWEVER....I do think they need to concentrate on one project at a time....as Albert pointed out, they didn't even finish their restoration of the movie soundtracks and they just jumped right into re-releasing the 70's albums! I think the folks at FTD simply have their hands in too many cookie jars right now to try and branch out into another area of releases, like DVD's!

But someday....YES....I DEFINITELY think FTD needs to consider releasing some DVD's with unreleased footage on them!!

TCB!
Mike

JerryNodak
05-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Jungleroom76: I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree completely.

jbgude
05-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Even though I voted a " yes" Ernst has made it clear that rights issues for DVDs were way to expensive and FTD ( at least while he is in charge) would nor pursue it. With EPE aparently ready to take on this task - I do not think EPE is going to give up a biger chunk of revenues to allow FTD to produce/release the discs. Maybe they (FTD)would get to distribute them like BMG did for the TV specials.

Steve
05-16-2005, 08:26 AM
I would Like that,

if tehy start selling DVD's mabey we will get The Viva Las Vegas Bloobers, Girls Girls Girls Bloobers ect..................

And of cours Concert Footage (On tour - MSG Concert?).
But Like Albert Say's Let them first work the 7" film pakkedge off.

Lonniebealestreet
05-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Roger Semon also recently stated that the costs are prohibitive at this point, but someday they may be able to do one (or some).

I like the idea of fan-shot footage assembled into an official DVD. Perhaps before anything else, that would seem like a doable project.

Jungleroom76
05-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Jungleroom76: I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree completely.
THANKS JERRY!!!

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
05-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Roger Semon also recently stated that the costs are prohibitive at this point, but someday they may be able to do one (or some).

I like the idea of fan-shot footage assembled into an official DVD. Perhaps before anything else, that would seem like a doable project.
I like the idea of fan-shot footage being used for an FTD release also buddy....but considering what some Elvis-related items sell for on eBay (based on what the sellers of these items THINK they are worth), could you even begin to imagine what the fans who actually hold the original tapes of concert footage would consider charging FTD to use them???? Talk about cost-prohibitive!!!

Still....there is ALWAYS hope.....right????
TCB!
Mike

bogarcon
12-07-2005, 07:32 PM
just to let you know friends that for some time now, the ftd cd`s are now instore here in the Montreal area in the HMV Music Store. they selling them around 45$ each. In January 2006, a press report from sony-bmg says that the first 5 ftd cd`s will be in store for less than 20$ each. They were 35$ each when they came out many years ago. How about that...not to good for the market and the fans who pay the full price in the beginning. have a nice day, bogarcon:mad:

Albert
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
just to let you know friends that for some time now, the ftd cd`s are now instore here in the Montreal area in the HMV Music Store. they selling them around 45$ each. In January 2006, a press report from sony-bmg says that the first 5 ftd cd`s will be in store for less than 20$ each. They were 35$ each when they came out many years ago. How about that...not to good for the market and the fans who pay the full price in the beginning. have a nice day, bogarcon:mad:

Is that 45 US dollars?

A shame though that they're available in stores. These cd's should be a small boost for fanclubs and Elvis shops, not for big chains of musicstores. It's also a big mistake that amazon.com is selling them.

bogarcon
12-07-2005, 10:28 PM
[quote=Albert]Is that 45 US dollars?

A shame though that they're available in stores. These cd's should be a small boost for fanclubs and Elvis shops, not for big chains of musicstores. It's also a big mistake that amazon.com is selling them.[/quote

it`s canadian dollar, at Graceland they selling them for around 30-35$US.

KPM
12-07-2005, 11:05 PM
I would love to see the fan footage(some of which is pretty good) cleaned up and dubbed properly where possible. But TTWII II did not do the kind of sales that would put that thought in anyones mind who could make it happen. They would have to buy the original 8mm film. Then get engineers to work on the film to remaster and dub with the right concert music to picture. Or they could build performances from several different films using whole songs and parts of songs to make whole songs.
TTWII II cost a million to be redone and remastered. MGM Turner was not happy with the return on that investment. The FTD CD releases requires only Ernst looking thru already known tapes at RCA and looking for outside sources of unknown tapes and performances. Then it is remastered and packaged. Its not nearly as expensive as the movie idea. The audience is at this time limited to us. If more young fans start to request stuff consistently then we might see other projects by FTD, but there would have to be increased demand. Ernst said no new remixes were on the horizon and one of the reasons is they are very expensive to do and promote. VH1 and MTV ignored Rubberneckin and its video because of they say there is no big demand to see or listen to it by the young crowd. (I e-mailed VH1 and got a politely worded answer stating so) I think ALLC was played a couple times on MTV and that was about it. Local radio in my area played ALLC quite a bit when it came out-BUT ignored Rubbernekin completely even though I requested it by phone and e-mail. I was told "It is not relevant to the audience they were going after"
As I said I would love to see the good fan films mixed and dubbed properly but I do not think it will happen-at least in the near future.

Johnny
12-08-2005, 01:09 AM
just to let you know friends that for some time now, the ftd cd`s are now instore here in the Montreal area in the HMV Music Store. they selling them around 45$ each. In January 2006, a press report from sony-bmg says that the first 5 ftd cd`s will be in store for less than 20$ each. They were 35$ each when they came out many years ago. How about that...not to good for the market and the fans who pay the full price in the beginning. have a nice day, bogarcon

45 canadian dollars are 39 US dollars, and shopelvis.com sells FTD cd's for 29.98 US dollars (more for the combos). Don't know whether you are referring to canadian dollars or US dollars when you say: "will be in store for less than 20$ each. They were 35$ each when they came out", but my bet is on US dollars. And second off, do you have a time machine...?

In January 2006, a press report from sony-bmg says that the first 5 ftd cd`s will be in store

It's still 2005, but typos exist. But I've never heard about this press report from Sony/BMG!

Oh, and by the way, are you an employee of HMV Music Store?

bogarcon
12-08-2005, 01:49 AM
45 canadian dollars are 39 US dollars, and shopelvis.com sells FTD cd's for 29.98 US dollars (more for the combos). Don't know whether you are referring to canadian dollars or US dollars when you say: "will be in store for less than 20$ each. They were 35$ each when they came out", but my bet is on US dollars. And second off, do you have a time machine...?

It's still 2005, but typos exist. But I've never heard about this press report from Sony/BMG!

Oh, and by the way, are you an employee of HMV Music Store?
The press report come with the monthly catalog. 20$ is can$ and the first 5 ftd starting with the 68 special will be in store in January 2006.
No I`m not a HMV employee! have a nice day, bogarcon

Johnny
12-11-2005, 10:24 AM
The press report come with the monthly catalog

Can you tell me more about this monthly catalog?

bogarcon
12-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Can you tell me more about this monthly catalog?
is a big 100 pages catalog featuring all records distributed by or from the sony-bmg company. It contains everything fro cd`s to dvd`s, special order..this catalog is for radio stations (for promo), record stores and some dealers. It always contains ``the coming soon`` section and news for futures released. have a nice day, bogarcon

Johnny
12-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info! You are one lucky record store owner; can you scan the front page and some pages inside the catalogue? ;)

bogarcon
12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info! You are one lucky record store owner; can you scan the front page and some pages inside the catalogue? ;)
thanks, I`m not a record store owner but I am an ex-employee for the old RCA/BMG promotion department. that`s why I still have contact with a lot of people. I will scan the new cover and some pages when I get the one new for jan/feb 2006. have a nice day, bogarcon
;)

orwell1976
12-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't think, that FTD will produce DVDs because they are much too expensive to produce (buying footage, cleaning it digitally up, etc.). For such an investment they simply don't sell enough.