PDA

View Full Version : Elvis By The Presleys!

Sonny
05-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Here's a nice link for all of you... Turn up the volume before you click the link! (y)

Lots of pics, music and unseen stuff!

http://bmgsmg.com/elvis/

Sonny

New Jam
05-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the link, Rene. (y)

Jeff
JLC

Albert
05-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah, a nice link indeed... Thanks for sharing :D

RS277
05-07-2005, 04:58 AM
After learning that the US retail store Target offered a promo DVD attached to the Elvis by the Presleys CD set, I rushed out to purchase one. The music on the 2 CD's is mixed well by BMG but I was really disapointed with the attached DVD. The DVD has 2 parts. "Driving Miss Presley" and "Generous Elvis". The first chapter starts out being filmed inside a car driven by Jerry Shilling with pasenger Priscilla. Both are discussing Elvis' music (while singing along) :angry:. Then discussing all the sites and homes visited by Elvis during his life time. First off, Priscilla looks like she has had one to many plastic surgeries. And, she's rambling on and on not making a lot of sense or even trying to act sincere. Nor does she let Shilling get a word in edgewise. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking she's driving around looking for a bank to deposit more of her money in.

Then comes the second chapter which really sends me over the edge. It starts out showing footage of Graceland around the Holidays with home movies etc; Which is entertaining. Then they show footage of Priscilla, Lisa Marie and family having Christmas dinner at Graceland. The problem is, Priscilla somberly tells you, "it's just like the holiday's used to be". Minus Elvis. Take notice, it's minus Elvis' family also except for Patsy. It's all Priscilla's family. She then proceeds to sit at the head of Elvis' dining room table, to wit: Elvis' chair and feasts away. That scene kind of summed it all up for me, it should have been named, More Elvis money for Priscilla not Elvis by the Presley's.

JerryNodak
05-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Let's see: Elvis, Vernon, Gladys, Minnie Mae, Uncle Vester, Uncle Jesse and assorted other relatives who knew Elvis well(and whose names I can't recall) are all gone. Tell me: Which members of Elvis' family should have joined Priscilla at Graceland for Christmas Dinner?

RS277
05-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Elvis still has several cousins still alive, Billy Smith and the Lloyds to name a few, who were always present during the holidays.

JerryNodak
05-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Is Priscilla on speaking terms with Billy Smith? Pardon my ignorance. But who are the Lloyds?

RS277
05-07-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't believe Priscilla is on talking terms with any of Elvis' relatives except Patsy. Harold Lloyd (deceased) was Elvis' uncle and career security guard/gatekeeper at Graceland. Harold had a son Gary who was around in the 70's at Graceland. My personal opionion is Priscilla considers the Presley's and Smith's lower class people and had distanced herself from the same over the years.

Lonniebealestreet
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Didn't know about the Target DVD. Is it just a teaser for the 4-hour DVD, with its footage to be included on the main release as well, or is the material exclusive to that DVD, I wonder?

RS277
05-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Not sure about it being part of the original DVD. The wording on the CD sticker kind of hints it is not. I hope not, the chapter named "Driving Mrs. Presley" is 28 minutes long and consists of Priscilla driving around Hollywood talking with Jerry Schilling. :'(

Jungleroom76
05-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Didn't know about the Target DVD. Is it just a teaser for the 4-hour DVD, with its footage to be included on the main release as well, or is the material exclusive to that DVD, I wonder?
I'm anxious to see the TV special on Friday night and to pick up the DVD to see just how much of the footage truly is rare!! I know that there is going to be some of the NEW GLADIATORS film on there, and supposedly, there is going to be some rare concert footage as well.....wonder how much of this will be on there, and just how rare it will truly wind up being?

I just picked up the soundtrack 2-CD set for the special, although I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I was considering stopping over to Target to pick up the special 3 disc set with the bonus DVD, but after reading the review above by RS277, I guess I'm glad I stuck with the double CD soundtrack instead. As I said, I haven't had a chance to listen to the CD yet, but as I was reading the booklet, I was kind of surprised to see that the STUDIO version of MY WAY is included, instead of a live version!! If the songs on this CD set were truly picked by the family as being their favorite songs of Elvis', I can't believe they like the studio version instead of one of the live versions! I really thought Elvis was emotionally flat in his studio version of MY WAY, and he just always puts so much more energy into his live versions! Oh well....at least I won't have to dig out my 70's box set when I want to listen to the studio version of MY WAY now, so I guess that is a plus!

TCB!
Mike

charlie rodgers
05-10-2005, 08:46 AM
unfortunatele their is only 4.42 min in the karate bonus chapter:angry: (and how much of that is talking heads)on the elvis by the presley?s dvd.
http://www.elvisnews.com/output/news.asp?command=show&newsid=6483

Lonniebealestreet
05-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Shocker...:rolleyes:

Still overall it looks like there's plenty to be excited about.

charlie rodgers
05-10-2005, 03:18 PM
yeah im still looking forward to this dvd, hope their gonna be some interesting footage,but it would have been nice to finally have all (of the footage that epe owns that is ,to my knowledge their only own some of it) of the karate footage ,it aint as the market is flooding with pro elvis footage from the 70?s ,but im still waiting for the elvis on tour box containing all 4 shows ,lots of rehearsals ,and the staged recording session footage ,and everything else that is filmed ( ma?be other show footage disregarden all the rumors, its a fact that their is a short a very short clip of elvis in the fireworks suit in the love me tender scene.

yeah and a ttwii box would be fantastisk to.

curtis simpkins
05-12-2005, 04:50 AM
I just got this 2 cd set at wal-mart today.
to let you know i am playing this cd now.
and has for the sound on this album is great, and i just love it.

i'd play disc 2 frist for the unreleased tracks.
and has for the Jailhouse Rock takes 3-5 it is indeed in stereo
and Blue christmas live from 1977 it is from march 26,77 norman, ok
this is the same version thats from the ftd cd spring tours.

but to me this version on this cd is much better mix but that's imo.

Lonniebealestreet
05-12-2005, 05:04 AM
OK, mine also came from Wal-Mart and I also played Disc 2 first just today...I'm getting scared. ;) (Yes, despite my *****ing about there only being 8 tracks on Disc 2, I bought the thing.)

I am impressed at that track being included on this CD. Perhaps I was too impressed by that to notice the difference. However, I did get the impression that the '73 home recordings sounded a lot better on some of the imports on which they appear--is it just me?

Also, I had figured the TMMB alt. track was a different one than the one from So High, but I'm glad they chose that one. "Sonofa*****" and "shit" on this official release--wow! I know that's happened before, but since most of the material aimed primarily at the collectors comes out on FTD these days, that doesn't happen too often anymore.

You'll Be Gone from the Girl Happy FTD was a nice choice too.

Haven't played Disc 1 yet, but I'll be jamming it in the car tomorrow.

curtis simpkins
05-12-2005, 05:17 AM
You well love it Bobby.
I have just heared "It's Over" from 1972, on this mix (and to me imo) is much better
then the one that's from the las vegas box set.

Lonniebealestreet
05-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Excellent. And is that mix the same or very comparable to the one on the Burning Love CD?

Lonniebealestreet
05-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Just played It's Over, and they've incorrectly dated that performance February 17, 1972--it's the Aloha (broadcast) version.

Captain Elwood David
05-13-2005, 12:25 AM
I admit I'm eventually going to pick-up a copy of this DVD.

However, based on what I'm reading so far & the above link -------> I don't see too much to get spazzingly excited about in terms of "unseen" footage / info..

- Capt. "EL."

richardo316
05-13-2005, 06:33 AM
thank's for the link sonny
:D

Sonny
05-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Cool one, right?

Sonny