PDA

View Full Version : For all dutch Elvis fans:

mn-designs
05-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Form all those dutch Elvis fans: This coming friday on RTL4, the Oprah Winfrey show, with the interviewwith prissila and Lisa Marie Presley! so watch RTL 4 friday, this could be a interesting broadcast.
By the way i heard some samples of the -soon to be- released elvis-by-the-presleys cd, and the sound is awesome! i heard a sample of i got a feelingin my body, jailhouse rock (alt. take)and even on the reduced quality they sounded great. A great release is coming out on May 31, that same day the DVD version of this by the presleys docu. comes out. You can see some video samples on: www.elvis.com (http://www.elvis.com) this has to be the best docu. that is ever made on our man..and more than 4 hours long...is it may 31 all ready? can't wait..

TCE
05-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I saw the Ophra show and I must say I had a very nasty taste when I saw the show. To me it felt like a facade. They told the people what they knew people would want to hear. They often said different things and you could see that they looked at eachother and than changed what they said. Priscilla aspecially seemed to me very fake. I think it is just a promotion stund of them for selling : Elvis by the Presley's. Maybe I'm wrong and I don't want to hurt anybody. It's just my own oppinion.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

Steve
05-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey,

I live in Belgium and alreddy have the CD Import of the Us.
The Cd is fantastic.

Special CD 2 "Too Much Monekey Business" is SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( funny as hell)

Great CD that is.

Cherokee
05-10-2005, 11:34 PM
I saw the Ophra show and I must say I had a very nasty taste when I saw the show. To me it felt like a facade. They told the people what they knew people would want to hear. They often said different things and you could see that they looked at eachother and than changed what they said. Priscilla aspecially seemed to me very fake. I think it is just a promotion stund of them for selling : Elvis by the Presley's. Maybe I'm wrong and I don't want to hurt anybody. It's just my own oppinion.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

The thing that possibly irritates me more about Lisa Marie than her "singing" is the fact that she sticks feathers up her own butt for her charity work, keeps saying she lives to help people. Elvis never boasted so verbally about his charity work, he just did it. Sure both father and daughter have photo ops for their charity actions, but I don't really recall Elvis tootin' his own horn about ithttp://www.fadzter.com/smilies/swear.gif

Leroy
05-11-2005, 09:29 AM
I must say I recorded the show but I do not have the guts yet to watch it. To me both Priscilla and Lisa are representing EPE spreading turned around facts and self fabricized stories. It's all lightyears away from what Elvis stands for. What they're doin IMO is denying the Elvis Presley we all know and watched and with that they're denying us...:!:

Cherokee
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
I must say I recorded the show but I do not have the guts yet to watch it. To me both Priscilla and Lisa are representing EPE spreading turned around facts and self fabricized stories. It's all lightyears away from what Elvis stands for. What they're doin IMO is denying the Elvis Presley we all know and watched and with that they're denying us...:!:

True. Let's face it: most of Lisa's "memories" have entered her mind through brainwashing. She only lived at Graceland for the first 4 years of her life. At that time Elvis was either away making movies or doing tours and if and when he was at home, we all know that his day/night rhythm was mostly turned upside down.
Then Pris and Lisa moved to California and she spent even less time with her father, who by that time had adopted even weirder habits which made him less accessible and less approachable for almost everyone around him. Also: most people's memories start from the age of 3, so really much of the stuff she now tells in interviews must have been fed to her through collective memories of others who were around her dad during that time, and that way have seeped into her subconscious as being things she "actually remembers".......:hmm:

Captain Elwood David
05-11-2005, 02:31 PM
True. Let's face it: most of Lisa's "memories" have entered her mind through brainwashing. She only lived at Graceland for the first 4 years of her life. At that time Elvis was either away making movies or doing tours and if and when he was at home, we all know that his day/night rhythm was mostly turned upside down.
Then Pris and Lisa moved to California and she spent even less time with her father, who by that time had adopted even weirder habits which made him less accessible and less approachable for almost everyone around him. Also: most people's memories start from the age of 3, so really much of the stuff she now tells in interviews must have been fed to her through collective memories of others who were around her dad during that time, and that way have seeped into her subconscious as being things she "actually remembers".......:hmm:
Regarding Cherokee's words (& Leroy's as well):

I rarely have the pleasure to read such TRUE, CLEAR, & INSIGHTFUL thinking as to the REALITY of the situation on this & other MB's. VERY REFRESHING!!

ALL of Lisa's bile - for whomever & whatever - has been entirely placed there & skewed - by others (ie: Priscilla et al.). What's IS truly disappointing, is that Lisa doesn't have the maturity or ability to admit or even see it for herself - yet. That said, maybe she doesn't want to see it any other way either.

-------------------

While everyone else is drooling & salivating over the Elvis Mini-Series / Presley By The Presley's ------> I think that Leroy has summed it up perfectly:

"To me both Priscilla and Lisa are representing EPE spreading turned around facts and self fabricized stories. It's all lightyears away from what Elvis stands for. What they're doin IMO is denying the Elvis Presley we all know and watched and with that they're denying us..."

--------------------

EPE is rewriting EP history. Re-tell the same story ENOUGH times, ........ & it eventually tranforms into "Fact."

Ironically, ........ the "brainwashing" continues ........... (for those that are "gullible" enough, that is ;) ).

Enjoy the publicity blitz (TV series / DVD) for what it is, ....... but don't lose your ability to think critically & see the big picture. If it all makes a generation of new fans AND buckets of $$$ - then mission accomplished.

I'll be the first to join the cheerleading team, ....... when they do it with SUBSTANCE (truthfully, & giving us lots of unseen material in the process). So far, I haven't seen it. More standard fare for EPE.

- Capt. "EL."

Lonniebealestreet
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Myrna Smith said in a recent interview of Lisa that she doesn't remember much from those days, that she has asked a lot of questions of her and others to try and stir up some memories. Myrna seemed to think she had maybe blocked a lot of it out or something (presumably after Elvis' passing, in order to make it easier to move on), since events that you cherished as a nine year-old shouldn't be too terribly hard to recall. So I'd say it's very likely that many of her "memories" are actually those of others, as has been said.

Regarding the special / DVD, for my part I am not expecting a whole lot of truly straight shooting from Pris or LMP, but am primarily looking forward to previously unseen home movies and other film footage and photos, etc. that speak for themselves and can't be twisted too much. But it does sound as though those two are going to be candid to an unprecedented extent, so...It's like in that movie, What About Bob?: "baby steps".

Captain Elwood David
05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Just to clarify a bit, ...... Lisa no doubt has positive & very private memories to add (if she chooses to), ..... but the negative stuff, to the extent that she is dishing it out, ...... definitely ain't of her own formulation. It really is too bad that she chooses to portray her dubious "opinion" as "Fact." A much more honest approach would be: "I was very young (too young), have lots of wonderful memories of my Dad & visits to Graceland, .... but really can't speak too certaintly about the darker side of some things; it really wasn't possible for me to have any true insight at such a young age. If I were to relay such things, it would all be second-hand - as I didn't witness any of it myself first-hand."

Priscilla, on the other hand, ....... is rewritting her role as the innocent victim in it all. (In fact, I wouldn't expect otherwise. Think about it, ..... would you want your ex-wife putting your life into its "proper" persepective for you?).

Like I said, critical thinking.

-- ----------------------

For the record, ..... the mini-series looks like comedy.

I will, however, eventually pick-up a copy of "Presley By The Presley's" ............ because, as Lonnie says, "baby-steps" is indeed a start - on multiple levels.

- Capt. "EL."

Cryogenic
05-12-2005, 03:49 AM
Yeah.

I'm gonna lay down the cash for this baby myself. But to expect anything close to something resembling a critical appraisal of Elvis' life is denying reality. As Shakespeare said, "All the world's a stage/And all the men and women merely players". Priscilla and Lisa are playing their parts with reckless abandon. Once I have the DVD in my collection and whenever I look at it on my shelf, I will just have to tell myself, "hey, that thing is great for what it is - but it's not the be-all and end-all of life itself". It'll be no different to when I look at films on my shelf now; they encapsulate certain things and are nice pieces of art/entertainment in their own right, but they're all just pieces to this much larger puzzle that we call "life".