PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Man - Ultimate 1970 Concert

mn-designs
02-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I've put togheter on a cd-r a ultimate 1970 concert. This concert was created by the following cd's: One Night In Vegas, Elvis: TTWII (concert cd & Rehearsal cd), and the concert from Live in Vegas boxset)
aLL 3 pics on the preview are colourized! this one is in the early stages, hope you like it so far.. i wanted to show you all the pics i used for this cover...

mn-designs
02-25-2005, 10:22 PM
I know what you mean, Ron.. but this is only the basic cover...i'm looking and working on this cover, right now..
When i started this one i was thinking about rounds..but ..that's used to much on previous cover by you and Mark, you had the "In Person cover", Mark used these rounds on his "Sound of your cry" Cover..so i'm thinking really hard what to put on it...i allready tried to give the fonts a 70's colour..
So ...be patient..

mn-designs
02-25-2005, 11:53 PM
After almost a complete evening of work...i finished the back cover..the quality is reduced for uploading and downloading reasons!
Hope you like it! And you can see the tracklist also now.. there will be some small changes to the design at the time it's ready for download..

mn-designs
02-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Things going fine at the moment...just finished the disc cover for this one..

Hans
02-26-2005, 01:19 AM
and again very original work..! Compare the tracklisting:

http://members.home.nl/elviszone/specials/ultimateback.jpg

just a coincidence..?? :hmm:

mn-designs
02-26-2005, 01:27 AM
What do you mean by very original work...?, Hans? Yes the tracklist is the same, you are right on that. I saw your version of this concert a long time ago, and burned to a cd-r..but without your artwork (wich is a beauty!) but i wanted to create something myself. And nothing on my version (artwork) can be compared to yours..everything that's on it, is created by me, all the pics are colourized by me, same goes for the Elvis font(s)..
I hope you don't mind that i tried to make some nice cover for this show(y)
It's real rockin' concert!

Hans
02-26-2005, 01:45 AM
I just don't think it is very original, that's all. Do what you want.

mn-designs
02-26-2005, 02:12 AM
Is it original to use all RCA concerts? and make some new designs? Don't think so...
Let's get one thing clear: we don't make these covers for a living! just for fun..but sometimes for some people the fun isn't there anymore..they think it's their job...let me surprise you: It is not..
Let's keep it friendly here..that is what this board is for..for fans ..created by fans.
We all want to make some nice designs, and from time to time, we make some designs for the same releases..
Take a look at the Fantasy concert covers..1 is from Nightrider and 1 from me..so we both worked on a fantasy cover..wich New Jam broadcasted both..
I allready send you an PM..please read it..

richardo316
02-26-2005, 02:18 AM
looking good patrick. i'm no expert when it comes to art but i will say this looks pretty nice so far.

mn-designs
02-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Thanks, Ricardo! Glad you liked it. The commplete design is almost finished..
Only an inlay and than it will be finished and be placed in the download section.

boogie
03-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Wonderful Job Patrick,
Fabulous pictures you used my man.... :cool:
Always love to see some 1970 sets...
Keep on going this way ........;

Steve
03-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Looking very nice patrick.

You did a great Job!
I like it.

alo
03-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Very well done, love the photos, colorizing is awesome! keep it going, and let's see the finished design! Nice job! Al

U.S. Male
03-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Superb photos, superb fonts, and superb track listing......anything I missed? :D

Excellent work....would love to hear this concert booming out of my stereo :D

mn-designs
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Don't want to get involved in this guys one but i believe Hans his version has got 26 tracks and yours only got 23 trackon the tracklisting? :doh:

Bye the way Patrick.....i think Hans did get paid for a few covers he made :king:

Please do get involved, Ron. And yes the tracklisting on my version is a little shorter, i cut out the things i didn't like to much...
And everyone is in the position to make a cover for a concert ( wich is a fantasy concert) and Hans made a great concert, by the way.
And this cover is only my version...and i hope i did the content right..
hans is one of the first guys who started on alternate covers and maybe also one of the best..in my opinion...but he isn't alone anymore. And with all the new designers it gets harder every day to make some new covers for new releases..
And this cover i made isn't a cheap way of making a new cover, all you see on my version is build up from the ground..with a little help with the tracklisting of hans his version of this great 1970 concert.
As i said earlier: Hans makes some real beauties of alternate covers!
And i think it's a big compliment if some other guy uses your tracklisting for his cover.
But hey..that's my view only...