PDA

View Full Version : Elvis 2nd To Eminem

Elvis.com
02-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Elvis' classic "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" had the lead in single sales all week due to fans buying the single first thing Monday morning. But during the weekend Emenim fans took the lead and topped Elvis for the #1 spot according...

Click for full article: Elvisnews.com (http://www.elvisnews.com/output/news.asp?command=show&newsid=6080)

Lonniebealestreet
02-07-2005, 02:42 AM
For the record, the title of this thread is horsespit.

I vote to ban this "elvisnews" character. :P

rick
02-07-2005, 09:25 AM
My son is enjoying teasing his old man that Eminem beat Elvis to No. 1. Look out next week!
rick

pacer1965
02-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Its ashame AYLT did not get to no 1. But its great to see the :king: flooding the top 40.Has eminen got 5 singles in the top 30. Elvis is the king of the uk charts :cool: :notworthy :notworthy (y) .Sorry elvis fans but the uk fans are having trouble getting hold of the singles. Maybe if they were easier to get hold of AYLT would have got to no 1

Mr. Songman
02-08-2005, 03:38 AM
Eminem? They didn't say if it was plain or peanut. Information such as this should not be omitted.

elvisdownunder
02-08-2005, 08:22 AM
i dunno why people like Em. he is a disgusting man and his music is revolting. i have so much hate for him and rap and hip hop of his kind :cursing:

rick
02-08-2005, 09:18 AM
actually his lyrics - if you can get past the profanity - are quite clever and I like some of the beats. He has also charted similar territory to Elvis (i.e. I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley to do black music so selfishly' - his words).
But then he'll never match our man, as I keep telling my son.
rick

Mr. Songman
02-08-2005, 09:35 AM
It is not as much him as is the people who buy his CD's. There are many people in this world that enjoy listening to this garbage. If the public would stop supporting him and his music, then he would most definitely have to stop recording it. Unfortunately, with the direction that the music industry has taken during the last several years, I don't see this happening. I never listen to today's music. If I don't have a CD in of Elvis or a certain number of other music legends, I'm listening to an oldie's station.

Elvisgirl
02-08-2005, 10:56 AM
i dunno why people like Em. he is a disgusting man and his music is revolting. i have so much hate for him and rap and hip hop of his kind :cursing:
me too!! i just can't stand him he makes me sick!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

with the direction that the music industry has taken during the last several years, I don't see this happening. I never listen to today's music.
i agree. todays "music" are not worth listening to at all! i can't stand listening to it. it's a downright shame crap like this are being called music

Lildarling
02-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Yesterday, as usual, I was listening to Uk Top 40...and the DJ told before the first 2 places-two kings are now competing...and the new king won the old one....EMINEM and KING?????? :angry: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
I really hope that next week THE ONLY KING OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD will beat 'em all!!!! :clap: :king: :notworthy

pacer1965
02-08-2005, 01:10 PM
No way is eminem a king (n) . The only thing his the king of is swearing in his songs.If he did not swear in his songs the younger generation would not have gone so crazy about him.Elvis would have easily have got to no 1 if you could have got the single here in the uk.These singles are so hard to get in the uk.I can't even get hold of Wooden Heart. :angry: :angry:I went into all the record shops and there was no AYLT singles on the shop floor most of the week. I asked them where they were and they said they were still in the stock room.How is Elvis going to sell any of these singles if there not on the shop floor.And they had all the other singles ( of Elvis) except for AYLT.I don't think BMG cares if Elvis gets to number one or not here in the uk. I think there trying to flood the top 40 charts with all the singles all at once and it's working.In my opinion they holding back these singles on purpose (n)

Elvisgirl
02-09-2005, 02:58 AM
the only thing eminem is king of are crackpots

rick
02-10-2005, 09:48 AM
You have to consider the impact Eminem has on today's generation. His swearing and explicit lyrics could be compared to a certain singer's gyrating 50 years ago!
rick

Mr. Songman
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
His swearing and explicit lyrics could be compared to a certain singer's gyrating 50 years ago!

Who might that be?