PDA

View Full Version : Elvis live at Ashevills n.c 7/ 24/ 1975

curtis simpkins
01-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Right now i am playing the Asheville n.c 7-24-1975.
this isn't a bad concert for 1975.

here's the track :D listing.

2001/ that's all right/ i got a woman f,s./ big boss man/love me/ if you love me let me know/ all shook up/teddy bear/ don't be cruel, hound dog/ american trilogy/ heartbreak hotel/jailouse rock/ something/ return to sender/wooden heart/ hawaiian wedding song/ bridge over troubled water/
polk salad annie/ intros and solos/ t.r.o.u.b.l.e/ shake a hand/ pieces of my life/ how great thou art/ can't help falling in love/

this concert his the longest version of aman this is great.

I would love to see ftd put his show out. :king:

Captain Elwood David
01-27-2005, 06:04 AM
This venue would indeed be great to have in SOUNDBOARD quality.

This is also the night that EP gave away his famous Black Gibson "Kenpo" Dove (a/w ALOHA / ON TOUR) ................. to the primary source Mike Harris. Lots of collectors after this piece - but unwilling to meet Harris' "parting fee." ;)

In a very giving mood that night, EP also gifted some incredible multi-diamond gold rings to strangers in the audience. One ring, by 1975 monetary values, was enough to buy a small brand new car - had the new "owner" been so inclined. Quite an incredible ring in reality, too.

This concert was indeed great - on many levels - with EP living up to his now very famous "Elvis Legend / Lore."

Imagine anyone of us, as hardcore fans, in their shoes ....................... that night .............

........ in doing so, one can see why they have kept their pieces - and memories that go with them - for themselves over the years.

------------------------------

Yes, indeed, an SB of this event & all of the memories that accompany ............... the stuff of dreams for hardcore fans on multiple levels.

It's definitely always the music & so much more.

- Capt. "EL."

curtis simpkins
01-27-2005, 06:12 AM
I would love to get this on cd or lp, the copy i have on tape it cuts in and out
and i dont know way, someone give me this tape years ago, and now i would love to get it on cd or lp. :)

Captain Elwood David
01-27-2005, 02:17 PM
I would love to get this on .... lp, the copy i have on tape it cuts in and out .......
Yes, Curtis, ........ I know that an LP of this release would meet with your approval. ;)

--------------------------

With regards to what I consider "historical" event recordings, ............... I suppose we should be thankful that they exist at all - even if in Audience Recording (AR) quality. In such cases, an AR in indeed better than the alternative - nothing.

"Send Me The Light, I Need It Bad" / "Fight Night '73" are two others that immediately come to my mind ............... but for different .......... "historical" reasons.

- Capt. "EL."

Lonniebealestreet
01-27-2005, 02:33 PM
this isn't a bad concert for 1975.IMHO, this show was well beyond 'not bad' and 1975 was a great year for Elvis shows, but at any rate, I'm glad you enjoy like this one, Curtis.

The live performance (obviously) of Pieces Of My Life alone makes it a great listen. Great show, great tour, Elvis in incredible voice. Of course there was plenty of turmoil behind the scenes...well, a little onstage too, but in terms of the performances themselves, I think this was one of Elvis' strongest periods.

I recall hearing that now about the guitar being given away at this show, but I've never listened to it with that in mind. Is it apparent at what moment that occurred just from listening to it, Cappy?

Captain Elwood David
01-27-2005, 02:49 PM
The guitar give-away is supposed to happen during or right after CC Rider - when EP is traditionally done using his "prop."

Theoretically, a SB of the event might have much more to offer in terms of EP's own words ......... with regards to this specific moment in time ....................

- Capt. "EL."

minni1
01-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Capt. El, did he play 2 shows in Ashville, NC? I have a show from July 23, 1975. Did he also play the following night?

spinout-designs
01-29-2005, 11:53 PM
did he play 2 shows in Ashville, NC? I have a show from July 23, 1975. Did he also play the following night?

Elvis played 3 shows in Asheville that tour - 22nd, 23rd and 24th July 1975.

The 22nd is available as an audio tape (possibly also as a CDr)

The 23rd is the well known import title Gyrating Asheville (2 discs)

The 24th has circulated for a while on CDr (2 discs)

All are audience recordings.

minni1
01-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks so much for the info, spinout.

U.S. Male
01-30-2005, 05:32 AM
someone give me this tape years ago

I wonder who it was ;)

curtis simpkins
01-30-2005, 05:55 AM
I really don't know boss man, i have tapes giving to me though the years
most of them are concert's, and some i got myself from cds i use to have,
back then i never had a cd burner tell 5 or 6 years ago.

and now i am making my own backup cdrs from my collection. :D

rick
01-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Terrific tour but sadly no soundboards that I have heard.
Curtis right about `Amen'. He did terrific long versions all tour with a lot of enthusiasm. The same goes for TROUBLE.
rick

Sonny
01-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Elvis really seemed to enjoy Ashville in 1975, because on all shows he did some less obvious songs. Here are the other two shows:

Asheville, July 22, 1975

See see rider
I got a woman
Big boss man
Why me Lord (Elvis solo)
Love me
If you love me let me know
Shake a hand
All shook up
Teddy bear/Don't be cruel
Hound dog
The wonder of you
Memphis Tennessee
Funny how time slips away
Polk salad Annie
Johnny B Goode
School days
T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
It's now or never
You don't have to say you love me
How great Thou art
Burning love
Let me be there
Heartbreak hotel
Little darlin'
Mystery train/Tiger man
Can't help falling in love

Asheville, July 23, 1975 (Gyrating Asheville)

See see rider
I got a woman / Amen
Big boss man
Love me
If you love me let me know
It's midnight
All shook up
Teddy bear/Don't be cruel
Hound dog
The wonder of you
Turn around look at me
Polk salad Annie