PDA

View Full Version : It Takes A While

geordie
01-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Are you like me ,sometimes it takes months,even years for me to fully appreciate some elvis songs.Heres 2 examples.Just Pretend I never gave this song much attention,until i saw him sing it on the lost performances,now its one of my favs.Stranger in my own home town,im :blush: to say i used to skip over this song but somehow it just clicked ,again,now its one of my top elvis songs.Anybody else experienced this :hmm: :lol:

ElvisAlive
01-20-2005, 07:26 PM
It happend to me a lot of times with a lot of songs. songs like:
My Boy
I'll Remember You
Guitar Man
Let It Be Me
Don't Cry Daddy
And more...

nashville cat
01-20-2005, 10:08 PM
I had this same dilemna with the entire TTWII album. When I was much younger, Elvis' ballads did not interest me as much, and the album seemed a little slow to me. Now that I'm an adult, I can appreciate the album for the masterpiece it is - especially the ballads! (y)

Steve
01-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Sometimes I play songs over and over.
But at a moment I skip them over, It's just what for mood I am in I think...

steve ;)

NightRider
01-20-2005, 11:06 PM
It has happened to me too i have to admit. Not being at all impressed with I'm Leavin' :blink: Always missed that out on whatever i played that it was on...but now i can't get enough of it :lol:

Same as the Raised On Rock album. I had this for many years before i appreciated the material that was on it - like has already been said...alot does depend on mood and maybe age also has a bearing.

Funny though....i never seem to get the reverse effect. I can't recall ever going off an Elvis song :hmm:

richardo316
01-21-2005, 07:28 AM
there arn't many elvis songs i actually skip through when i play an album. the only one i can think of is blue moon. although this just isn't a favorite song of mine to begin with.

geordie
06-04-2005, 01:28 AM
just thought of another 2 songs.

love coming down,from the jungle room sessions what a wonderfull,passionate,performance.:notworthy

hurt,sorry to say i must be one of the few who didnt go overboard on this song ( live )in the jungle room sessions, full marks again, elvis in the studio hitting those high notes BY HIMSELF wonderfull:notworthy