PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing I saw today...

Cryogenic
01-18-2005, 03:33 AM
So I was in a DVD/music store today (Virgin Megastore) and I was pelted with Elvis. Not only did his current single release start blasting out the in-store speaker system ("A Fool Such As I" - very cool), but I went over to a computer station used for stock checking and saw a very strange thing. Right at the top of the screen, in capital letters, was the word "ELVIS", and beneath that, the word "Stock". I naturally assumed it was simply listing the various pieces of Elvis-based stock they had in their store, but no... It was actually the name of their stock checking system. :D

I know it's only a trivial thing, but as the saying goes, little things please little minds. ;)

I really hope I wasn't hallucinating! I *had* gone into town to finally purchase Aloha From Hawaii afterall. You CAN have too much Elvis on the brain, right? Maybe it WAS the stock listing for a particular Elvis product. HELP! Quick. Seriously, I'm pretty sure of myself. It wouldn't be the first time his name has been used for a computer software acronym!

*wipes sweat from brow*