PDA

View Full Version : Born To Rock Photo Book

paulsweeney
01-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Elvis Born To Rock is now out, and again Bud Glass Productions and Praytome Publishing have put out a first class hardcover photo book full of colour photos to feast your eyes on.

The photos are from the archives of Bob Klein, but the actual photograhers were James Faro, Phil Gelormine, Virginia Arnesen and Nancy Graff. Additional photos were provided from the collections of Russ Howe, Tom Salva, John Faro, Donald Dunn and Gregor Retkowski and the book has a forward by Al Dvorin. It was one of the last Elvis projects he worked on before his death.

The book has a staggering 210 colour and 22 black and white photographs in it's 158 pages! Remember when it would be the other way around with Elvis photo books... The majority are from Elvis' two shows at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York on July 19, 1975. There are also photos from Elvis' June 27, 1976 afternoon show at the Capital Center in Largo, Maryland and several fantastic candid photos from June and July 1975 - but I'm partial to candid photos as you all know.

The extreme high quality of the book and the sheer number of colour photos make this book a must have for your collection. If you like photo books, you'll love Born To Rock!

AKing
01-16-2005, 04:19 AM
It is a fabulous book for sure. I am glad to own it and I suggest that it is a must for book fans and photo fans alike. (y)

U.S. Male
01-16-2005, 04:57 AM
I agree, if you're a fan of photo books you'll love this one! Some very rare photos, and put together in a very polished / professional manner :D

8mmlowa
02-21-2005, 04:08 AM
This book is a killer! (y) Great print and great content.
First I thought I don?t like the suit but I was wrong!