PDA

View Full Version : Great article about Scotty Moore these days and his new book.

Raised on Rock
07-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_scotty_moore_2013.shtml#sthash.QpvDy9ZT. dpbs

debtdbruno
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
shame about the arthritis.....but the main thing he's still here to tell 'the story'

Raised on Rock
07-23-2013, 05:51 PM
shame about the arthritis.....but the main thing he's still here to tell 'the story'

Yeah! I sure like to the check that book real soon!!! I mean... Who can tell us about those early days of touring and recording better than Scotty Moore uh?

debtdbruno
07-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah! I sure like to the check that book real soon!!! I mean... Who can tell us about those early days of touring and recording better than Scotty Moore uh?

nobody I agree....shame Bill isnt here to put his take on it too;-)

I bet they had an absolute ball in the 50's.......wild Man

franny
07-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Nice article! Thanks, for sharing. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting book, from the early days!
I love to hear about that time.

Raised on Rock
07-23-2013, 11:38 PM
nobody I agree....shame Bill isnt here to put his take on it too;-)

I bet they had an absolute ball in the 50's.......wild Man

Yes, Is to bad Bill Black died so young... His side of the story about those early days would always be a missin link.

It is always too bad, that he didn't even lived long enough to make of the Sit-Down Sessions filmed during the '68 Comeback Special a full reunion, and to be able to recieve alive all the well deserved recognition he has now just as Scotty and D.J. Fontana. (Although the singer and the guitar player will always got the best share of that lol.)

You know if Sam Philips ever wrote a book recalling his days as the head master at Sun Studios? I know Peter Guralnick next proyect is a book about Sam Philips. That Sam Philips coming soon book, along with Scotty's older book and this new one, and of course Guralnick's "Last Train To Memphis" are probably the best rides we have to time travel to those exciting days in Elvis life.

Raised on Rock
07-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Nice article! Thanks, for sharing. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting book, from the early days!
I love to hear about that time.

Scotty's previous book, "That's All Right Elvis", its quite unknown among Elvis fans, and its actually a pretty interesting read recalling those early days, not much about Elvis "personal" life, but just about stories recalling Elvis Scotty and Bill (and latter D.J. Fontana) being on the road and in the studio, about gigs, traveling and music making. I'm sure this new one will be on the same line.

I have to say that I totally prefer and find more entertaining the books writen by the musicians, than those of the so called "best friends" or "lovers".

Haven't got the chance to read the new Jerry Scheff book.

Diane
07-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I have Scotty's first book That's Al. Right Elvis"and this one sounds interesting too. Great article, thanks for sharing.

debtdbruno
07-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, Is to bad Bill Black died so young... His side of the story about those early days would always be a missin link.

It is always too bad, that he didn't even lived long enough to make of the Sit-Down Sessions filmed during the '68 Comeback Special a full reunion, and to be able to recieve alive all the well deserved recognition he has now just as Scotty and D.J. Fontana. (Although the singer and the guitar player will always got the best share of that lol.)

You know if Sam Philips ever wrote a book recalling his days as the head master at Sun Studios? I know Peter Guralnick next proyect is a book about Sam Philips. That Sam Philips coming soon book, along with Scotty's older book and this new one, and of course Guralnick's "Last Train To Memphis" are probably the best rides we have to time travel to those exciting days in Elvis life.

I think Peter's book will be as good as its going to get......I have a lot of respect for his writing

KPM
07-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Bill Black was quite a showman himself and when Elvis began to get all the attention-he was slightly jealous it caused some friction at times.