PDA

View Full Version : The Gospel of Elvis

veronik
01-15-2005, 08:09 PM
The Gospel of Elvis

"I wouldn't call any art bad, though there's a lot of it I don't get. I like realism though... I can admire a good house paintin' job."

"Somethin' can be real interestin' or different when it starts out, but if it can't change it's gonna die out like Hula Hoops, or slow down a lot, like Silly Putty."

"Somebody does somethin' stupid, that's human. They don't stop when they see it's wrong, that's a fool."

"Only thing worse than watchin' a bad movie is bein' in one."

"I don't like any woman who I think might be able to outwrassle me."

"Nothin' wrong with your knees shakin'. When I first shook, it was half nervousness, half movin' to the beat... and look what it did for me."

"The world is more alive at night. It's like God ain't lookin'..."

"I have no need for bodyguards, but I have very specific uses for two highly trained certified public accountants."

"There's no escapin' it. I don't care who you are or what you're worth: there's trouble at every level of life."

"Everyboy's nuts. Some of us just see it more clearly."

?from The World According to Elvis: Quotes From the King, by Jeff Rovin

Graceland1979
07-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Elvis Gospel Music Is Great

Lisarose
02-26-2008, 04:49 AM
"
I wouldn't call any art bad, though there's a lot of it I don't get. I like realism though... I can admire a good house paintin' job."

Good one, Elvis. :) :) :)

cameron
02-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Everyboy's nuts. Some of us just see it more clearly."

Amen to that one. (y) :lol:

Holly
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
:lmfao:...thanks for posting this :)

Diane
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for posting this Veronik, it was fun reading it. Elvis had a great sense of humor. :)

Diane

SleepyJack
02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
The "certified public accountants" one doesn`t sound like an Elvis quote to me!.....Am I wrong?

Diane
02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
No I don't think you are Jack....it struck me wrong too. He wasn't that concerned about money.

Diane

SleepyJack
02-26-2008, 03:57 PM
"Only one thing worse than watchin`a bad movie is bein` in one".....now that sounds like something Elvis might have said!........

LianaKaralivanou
02-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Sleepy Jack, I agree with both your posts. Now, my favourite quote is ;"The world is more alive at night.It's like God ain't lookin!.." Perfect! (y) Oh, by the way, nice avatar, SleepyJack!

jean francois
02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
thank you very much

SleepyJack
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Just realised I never said thank you for sharing this with us...Sorry Veronik!
And.....LianaKaralivanou...glad you enjoyed meeting Porky!...big "Hello" to you!!

The King's Queen
03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
The Gospel of Elvis

"There's no escapin' it. I don't care who you are or what you're worth: there's trouble at every level of life."

These are my favorites...thanks for posting. :king: He sure was one of a kind...;)

Diane
03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
My favorite is the first quote about art lol.:lol::lol::lol:

Diane

Getlo
03-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Most of these are bogus.

Especially this one: "I have no need for bodyguards, but I have very specific uses for two highly trained certified public accountants."

Please ... :rolleyes:

That book is one of the worst ever, IMO. A rip-off.

presley31
03-13-2008, 09:45 PM
The Gospel of Elvis

"I wouldn't call any art bad, though there's a lot of it I don't get. I like realism though... I can admire a good house paintin' job."

"Somethin' can be real interestin' or different when it starts out, but if it can't change it's gonna die out like Hula Hoops, or slow down a lot, like Silly Putty."

"Somebody does somethin' stupid, that's human. They don't stop when they see it's wrong, that's a fool."

"Nothin' wrong with your knees shakin'. When I first shook, it was half nervousness, half movin' to the beat... and look what it did for me."

"I have no need for bodyguards, but I have very specific uses for two highly trained certified public accountants."

Thanks for posting. Have read the book which l really enjoyed(y)

goodelvisgirl
03-14-2008, 01:58 AM
thanks for posting i enjoyed reading them they gave me a laugh some i have heard elvis say and some i havent heard my fav is the third one
somebody does somethin stupid thats human,they don't stop when they see its wrong thats a fool and the one about god aint lookin i think he is right there thats why i am a night owl lol