PDA

View Full Version : Graceland now get a unfamilar accolade.

Winston
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Graceland now get a unfamilar accolade. On June 7, 2013 Elvis’ Villa and the ambient ground are now a botanical arrangement. They get this accolade from the »Tennessee Urban Forestry Council«. The agency give Graceland the title Corporate Arboretum.

The reason is that on the groomed green spaces are more than twenty different types of trees. They are all in a wonderful condition. All trees are denote with their scientific names. The video-clip of the little ceremony you can watch here: Clip (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=7073)

KPM
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Excellent.... beautiful trees and green space.

Joe Car
06-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Great stuff. Really looks beautiful there!

Donut
06-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Nice! They even had a George Bush lookalike to present the video. Hasn't anyone noticed it? LOL

King Of The Whole World
06-10-2013, 01:17 AM
I might be in the minority here but I like going to Graceland to see a moment in time when Elvis lived there. These little markers kind of take away that experience for me. To me it will look more like a museum versus a capture in a moment of time. I know things can’t stay exactly the same as if its 1977 but I like it as close as possible.

jak
06-10-2013, 01:36 AM
I understand what youre saying,but a small marker shouldn't detract from you're visit.I think a pretty good job has been done overall with the grounds and house.At least nothing to drastic has been done to alter the way it looked.

jak
06-10-2013, 01:43 AM
Nice! They even had a George Bush lookalike to present the video. Hasn't anyone noticed it? LOL

I just watched it. Im not so sure that wasn't Bush. Maybe he caught the Elvis bug when he was there previously?

Winston
06-10-2013, 10:47 AM
... it will look more like a museum ...
They must go with the time. I think Graceland is a museum.

... a pretty good job has been done overall with the grounds and house ...
Same for me.

Diane
06-10-2013, 01:03 PM
From pictures I've seen, the grounds at Graceland seem to be kept up beautifully all year round. Nothing seems changed and house and property always look like he's still living there...except for the lack of cars.

Donut
06-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I just watched it. Im not so sure that wasn't Bush. Maybe he caught the Elvis bug when he was there previously?

You are right (y) Bush is definitely the spokesman for Corporate Arboretum.

jak
06-10-2013, 02:15 PM
You are right (y) Bush is definitely the spokesman for Corporate Arboretum.

If Bush is an Elvis fan he can't be all bad!

Diane
06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Bush is an Elvis fan (his only good feature lol). He was at Graceland with the ex prime minister of Japan a couple of years ago remember?. I thought the prime minister was cute as to how he was enjoying the whole thing and joking with Lisa.