PDA

View Full Version : the magic of elvis

simmerrocks
01-14-2005, 02:34 AM
hi guys, i have been going through some tough times lately :sad: . my divorce just went through last week. and my marriage of 14 years is now over. this was all my ex wifes doing, she cheated on me. thank goodnes we don't have any children because i don't think i could handle not being with them. anyway i have had the 2005 blues for the past few days. i'm getting used to being on my own. it is still kind of hard but i'm making it. the place i find the most comfort in is my elvis/music room. i have my collection and my computer in here and it always makes me happy. a few hours ago there was nothing on tv so i put on the double trouble dvd. as i was watching it and elvis was singing long legged girl all my troubles and sadness seemed to go away, i got a real nice feeling and was truly happy :clap: . for some reason watching and listening to elvis always makes me forget the bad things. he seemed to have that quality about him that when you watched him in his movies, you thought 'man wouldn't it be great if life were like this'. although the critics panned them they served the purpose they were happy fun movies. and tonight proved that to me. i'm just glad that elvis is a very big part of my life and is always there like an old friend to help me out when i am down, and to always make me smile :) . there was without a doubt a magical quality no other performer before or after him will ever have!. have a great weekend......... a very happy simmerrocks :cool:

Lonniebealestreet
01-14-2005, 04:46 AM
Mike,

That's so wonderful to hear! I am uplifted at your being uplifted. People who aren't into Elvis have no idea what they're missing, do they?

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it sounds like you are in a good positive frame of mind now, so it's best that you keep singing, "I'm Movin' On".

Take care.

simmerrocks
01-14-2005, 05:27 AM
thanks bobby ;) . all of you are great and i always look forward to coming on and talking elvis (y) . thanks again buddy!. all the best... simmerrocks (y)

Lonniebealestreet
01-14-2005, 06:16 AM
You're welcome. Thank you for sharing all that with us.

NightRider
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Glad to hear that you are finding your way again simmerrocks (y) Must be hard under whatever the circumstances...and its great to here that Elvis has helped you regain some happiness... (y)

He has been a massive part of my life for years and years...and helped me along the way sometimes......and like you say....people who don't listen to Elvis...do not know what they are missing :D

Lildarling
01-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it's so nice to lie in the darkness when you're feeling that nobody loves you and everything's wrong and listen to that warm soothing voice...even if you're crying...afterwards you're feeling relieved...

simmerrocks
01-14-2005, 09:29 PM
beautifully put lil'darlin. that says it all. simmerrocks (y)

nashville cat
01-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I was listening to "Gentle On My Mind" this morning and tears came to my eyes. That does not happen very often to me, but I hadn't heard it in ages and hearing him sing that beautiful song with that beautiful arrangement - he will never be surpassed by anyone! :)

He sang with so much feeling. If I feel down, I hear him sing a sad song and I feel like he's expressing my feelings. He can put a smile on my face with a fun song or the way he sings a certain line or has a laugh onstage. I'm really grateful for the enjoyment he's brought to me.

simmerrocks
01-15-2005, 12:01 AM
hi nashville cat, you also feel the magic of elvis. thats exactly what i was talking about in my post. have a great weekend.... simmerrocks (y)

mistymorning
01-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes elvis has been a great help for me also in some really special conditions, some 14 years ago when I was just a teenage my country was under heavy bombing , for some reasons I was alone ,scared and no one to soothe me, I turned on my cassette player, hearing his velvety soothing voice specially when he was singing " a bridge over troubled water" helped me alo.I was feeling that he was singing just for me I was not alone or scared any more ....elvis was with me ... elvis my dear bridge over troubled water....I am happy that you have found a great friend in elvis and his wonderful voice!

simmerrocks
01-16-2005, 10:06 PM
i guess elvis can help us all through his music, no matter what situation or what part of the world we live in. i wonder if he really knew how much he mean't to all of his fans. thanks for thr replys... simmerrocks (y)

JerryNodak
01-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I was at karaoke awhile back and I noticed that a certain young lady was there.
I'd seen her there before and we had chatted, but nothing more. To make a long story short, I dedicated the Elvis song "Angel" to her and the rest as they say is history. The "magic" of Elvis.

simmerrocks
01-17-2005, 03:26 PM
jerry, may the magic continue my friend :) . have a great week, simmerrocks (y)

Cryogenic
01-18-2005, 03:52 AM
The magic of Elvis...

I finally bit the bullet and purchased "Aloha From Hawaii" on DVD despite knowing about a technical fault (the very thing which had been holding me back). Month after month, the agony grew! I'd clung to the 68 Comeback Special, purchased on the day of release, for long enough. Which brings me to a magic Elvis moment...

As startling as his rendition of "An American Trilogy" is in the main show, I've seen it too many times previously (and I mean recently - I downloaded that one part) for it to have the same impact. However, the ending to another song in the rehearsal concert sent a shudder through me. The song? "It's Over". When Elvis sings that last line and bellows "huh huh" at the top of his voice, we get a close-up on his face and see the absolute intensity of his performance expressed in every pore of his face. It's simply a spine tingling moment. Or put another way? Pure Elvis magic.

Lildarling
01-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks to him I met my very best friend Desiree-I know that we're living far apart, but anyway it doesn't count...if not of our biggest love we've probably would never got to know each other...and last New Year I visited her at last since 2 years of knowing her-I must tell ya-we had FUN watching Elvis' movies and singing his songs :clap: :clap: :king:

Liverbobs
01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi Mike, just read your post, sorry to hear about your bad news, I went through something similar myself a few years ago and it does get better (y) keep your chin up (quaint English saying!!!) and get some more Elvis blasting out!!!
all the best,
Andrew!

simmerrocks
01-19-2005, 12:10 AM
thanks for the kind words andrew (y) . it is getting better day by day. have a great week.... simmerrocks (y)