PDA

View Full Version : Elvis 1956 Topps Trading Cards

King Of The Whole World
03-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Here is an interesting article on Elvis trading cards back in 1956. Does anybody here have some of these in their Elvis collection?

Click on the link to read the article.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/1956-topps-elvis-presley-trading-cards

http://media2.cardboardconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1956-Topps-Elvis-Presley-40-215x300.jpg
http://media2.cardboardconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1956-Topps-Elvis-Presley-40-Back-212x300.jpg

KPM
03-17-2013, 08:53 PM
My aunt had some of the 56 cards not sure if she still has them.
I have the complete 1978 set of 66 cards, also a display box and the wrappers that each pack was in.

elvia7
03-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Here is an interesting article on Elvis trading cards back in 1956. Does anybody here have some of these in their Elvis collection?

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/1956-topps-elvis-presley-trading-cards

http://media2.cardboardconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1956-Topps-Elvis-Presley-40-215x300.jpg
http://media2.cardboardconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1956-Topps-Elvis-Presley-40-Back-212x300.jpg

I would love to have one though.
They were released when the Elvis heart was still beating ... Mmmmmm!:notworthy
Thank you Chris for showing the article.(y)

King Of The Whole World
03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
My aunt had some of the 56 cards not sure if she still has them.
I have the complete 1978 set of 66 cards, also a display box and the wrappers that each pack was in.

I would like to have some of the ones they had for sale around $100. You know they are real and in good shape with the grade rating on there.

What are your 1978 cards worth?

King Of The Whole World
03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I would love to have one though.
They were released when the Elvis heart was still beating ... Mmmmmm!:notworthy
Thank you Chris for showing the article.(y)

You are very welcome.

KPM
03-18-2013, 02:14 AM
I would like to have some of the ones they had for sale around $100. You know they are real and in good shape with the grade rating on there.

What are your 1978 cards worth?
Truthfully I've never thought about it.
So many of the 1978 cards were sold so close after his death that they are probably not all that valuble.
My brother and I went out one night to "celebrate" something or other (did not take much to "celebrate" when I was younger) and at some bar they had an in memory Elvis display, the owner was a huge fan of Elvis.
They had these cards for sale in the display case-so we bought the 4 boxes they had-then we moved on to a new bar-but anywhere along the way we thought might sell the cards we stopped at.
The next day, after a respectful time to get over a hangover-we began opening them to see if we had a full set of 66...out of 10 boxes we got exactly 2 sets...of 66 with tons of extra cards.
I gave some to my cousin who liked Elvis, some to my aunt who had the old 56 cards, some to my father-in-law who was a professional steel guitar player and had a huge music room that had all kinds of memoribilia....including all of the Sun Records releases by Elvis.
I kept my set.... not sure if my bro still has his.
I do not collect much because its the music and performances I treasure-but I have the cards, a menu from the Hilton from 72, a photo booklet we bought at the 76 Kiel Concert we saw, all his original albums and quite a few of the singles released when he was alive, about 60 or so books and bios, many magazines dating back to the 60s, many magazines that were published in the first few years after he died, I have some of the stamps bought the day they went on sale (they also are not worth much because something like 500 million were- sold a Postal record)

As a kid I saved everthing with an Elvis connection-had a huge collection...at 17 my mom and step dad decided to move to Texas-I had met my future wife and we were already talking about getting married right out of high school so I told my mom I would not go.
A mini war erupted between my mom and I and she kicked me out of the house-I finished high school living between my grandparents, a friends house and my Uncles home...my mother sent me my clothes, my records, and my guitar-but she took my Elvis collection and put it out with the trash before they moved...she really new how to hurt me.
For the record she sent me a letter telling me how I was going to regret marrying "that girl" and it would not last.....my mother was married 4 times and if you add up all the years for her 4 marriages-it does not equal the time my wife and I have been married....like the Aloha special we will be married 40 years this August. I guess Mom figured wrong-God rest her soul.

Diane
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
I have a few of the '56 cards and a whole set of the '66 plus some wrappers but wish I had the whole set of '56 as they are my favorites but they are so hard to get today and the prices are way high.

Snake Eyes
03-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Congrats for August Ken. Although I don't own any Elvis trading cards, the bulk of my Elvis collection is the music. My parents did the same thing to my Madonna collection, but in error. I moved out at 17 and stuck it in their loft and forgot about it. A few years ago my dad redeemed himself by buying me all the vinyl singles and albums they'd launched. It also took me about 5 years to locate a specific poster that cost far more than the original 1.99. Parents, you just gotta love them.

Cool link Christopher :D

King Of The Whole World
03-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Congrats for August Ken. Although I don't own any Elvis trading cards, the bulk of my Elvis collection is the music. My parents did the same thing to my Madonna collection, but in error. I moved out at 17 and stuck it in their loft and forgot about it. A few years ago my dad redeemed himself by buying me all the vinyl singles and albums they'd launched. It also took me about 5 years to locate a specific poster that cost far more than the original 1.99. Parents, you just gotta love them.

Cool link Christopher :D

I thought so.

Snake Eyes
03-18-2013, 07:24 PM
I thought so.

Wunderbar.