PDA

View Full Version : Prince from an other planet! - Help

LizZzie
12-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Hello!!
I've been around here like for YEARS & this is the first time I make a post! So hello to everyone!!
I hope you guys can help me, I am thinking about buying the new CD/DVD "Prince from an other planet"
I already have the Madison Square Garden CD & I don't really know if this new CD/DVD is worth buying it.

Do anyone in here has this new DVD/CD?? Can someone tell me something about it?? PLEASE!!

rocknroll
12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
For the price it is a good deal. However, in my opinion, the DVD doesn't add much and the mix is not superior to the previous releases. It is good, but it seems to have tamed the performances.

LuckyJackson
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
It is a beautifully presented package....nice to add to the collection and the price is good

Brian Quinn
12-16-2012, 05:31 PM
It is superior in every way to the original from the mix and sound to the packaging. Best release of the year in my opinion and one every Elvis fan should have.

Brian (y)

Snake Eyes
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
While the aftersoon show doesn't sound too different from the AITG release it's still worth it in my eyes. The evening show sounds great and it does kind of give you the sense of actually being there. The actual footage of Elvis performing is mesmerizing yet far from complete, with segments of blank screen inbetween the footage, even so, I loved what I saw. It is a beautiful set, but some had issues with releasing the cds from the package. Anyway, the choice is yours but I do have to add that I think it was a great release.

LizZzie
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the information (:
Do you know where is like the best place to buy this??

max
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
I received my copy two weeks ago, but I have not had time to watch it.

Snake Eyes
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the information (:
Do you know where is like the best place to buy this??

I got my copy from Amazon, both versions of this release were also available in HMV, several members here from the US said they couldn't find it in local stores, so unless your from the UK your best bet is to go online.

KPM
12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I got my copy from Amazon, both versions of this release were also available in HMV, several members here from the US said they couldn't find it in local stores, so unless your from the UK your best bet is to go online.
I have yet to see "ONE" copy in any area Walmart, K-Mart, Best Buy, Target, or a couple of local CD/Game stores...if Sony is trying to sell it-they are failing with just online sales.

LizZzie
12-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Thank you so much for all your help!!
I just bought it today in best buy (:

my boy
12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
It's brilliant! The footage is the ace in the pack and the two shows sound superb...plus the booklets cool!(y)
It's a no-brainer!!!