PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Presley Inducted into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame

Elvis.com
11-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Elvis Presley, among other Memphis music greats, were inducted into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame Thursday evening during a musical tribute held at the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Memphis.According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, Priscilla Presley accepted on behal...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6785)

Raised on Rock
11-30-2012, 06:58 PM
This is so cool and great news, but just one detail!

In Elvis profile it reads:

Elvis Aaron Presley January 8, 1935 Tupelo, Mississippi
Died:
August 16, 1977 (aged 42) Memphis, Tennessee
AKA:
Elvis the Pelvis, King of Rock and Roll, The King, The Pelvis
Awards:
Inducted into four music halls of fame, over 150 albums and singles that have reached gold, platinum or multi-platinum

If Elvis liked or not the nickname Elvis the Pelvis, or if he disliked The King naming is another deal. BUT What happened with: The Hillbilly Cat and The Memphis Flash?

Its also weird that this being all about Memphis music, they only mention Sun as his starting point, but they do not mention anything about his '69 home coming at American Studios, neither his Stax or his last recording sessions ever
being also in Memphis at graceland. Anyhow, you can skip Stax and the Jungle Room Sessions, but no mention of American Sessions? Suspicious Minds?

Anyway no big deal, but I think that should have been mentioned being a memphis thing.

P.S. I hope Scotty Moore & Bill Black get their induction next year.

Brian
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
That reminds of Elvis' induction into the country music hall of fame in 1998

Travis Tritt and Wynona Judd inducted him and all they did was show a video of Elvis singing ''Don't be cruel.''

They didn't mention all the country songs he recorded or that he recorded in Nashville more than anywhere else.

They should have mentioned that Elvis made recordings at American and Stax because Elvis and Memphis is more than just Sun records.

Raised on Rock
11-30-2012, 11:16 PM
They should have mentioned that Elvis made recordings at American and Stax because Elvis and Memphis is more than just Sun records.

Yep. That's my point too.