PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please....Which CDs?

Lindnet
01-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone! I'm trying to slowly add to my Elvis music collection. I don't have much extra cash and want to get the best "bang for my buck", so to speak. I really like getting albums that have new songs that I haven't heard or haven't been release on thousands of other CDs. Here are a couple I've been looking at and I'd LOVE your opinion!

Raised on Rock/For Old Times Sake
The Fool Album
Love Letter From Elvis

And I've also looked at some of the FTD CDs. I can't really recall which ones, but I think I was looking at The Memphis Recordings and The Jungle Room Sessions maybe? Oh, and On Tour, The Rehearsals, too. I know I'm leaving a couple of FTD ones out.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

P.S. Annie
01-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Lindnet,

It is hard to choose, is'nt it. I know the problem ;) The ftd's you mentioned are among the ones you should really buy. My favorites of those would be the Memphis sessions and The on tour rehearsals. But I know there are out there alot who would advice The jungle room sessions. From the movie FTD's Viva Las Vegas I woud say. A favourite boxset of mine is Today, Tomorrow and Forever. Hope it helps a little. If you want more info, let me know.

P.S. Annie
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
the essential vol.5 ?Rhythm and Country? cd from the essential series.

The essential series yes, how could I forget them :blush: (y)

curtis simpkins
01-10-2005, 01:04 AM
if you really like to start on buying Elvis music on cd get these cds.

these are box set.

the 50s masters box set very nice set to have this has all of his 50s music ever.

the 60s masters box set this is one of my farvorites box set ever.

the 70s matsers set, ( they did put all of his best songs from the 70s albums)

so you have to get the 70s albums to have all of his great music from the 70s.

and theres two gospal music collection

1 Amazing Grace
2.Peace in the Valley set

but if its for me i'll get the Peace in the valley set

and if you are into christmas music get this set.

If everyday was like christmas cd this is the best christmas cd ever. (y)

and any of the ftd cds is real nice to get has well. (y) :cool: :king:

Lindnet
01-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Thanks! You guys are giving me some great ideas. I remembered the FTD one I wanted to ask about. What about the Nashville Marathon?

curtis simpkins
01-10-2005, 04:18 AM
Nashville Marathon is a great cd from ftd,
i love it. :D

Albert
01-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Great (and essential) CD's to start your Elvis collection with:

BMG albums (findable on Amazon.com)

Elvis '56 (all import songs from his most famous year)
Can't Help Falling In Love (great songs from his movies)
Tomorow Is a Long Time (compilation of 60s singles, b-side and lost songs)
Burning Love (same as above, but for the 70s)
Elvis Is Back (the album made after his return from the Army)
Something For Everybody (rare and strong 60s studio album between all soundtracks)
Amazing Grace/Peace In The Valley (choose one of these essential Gospel compilations)
From Elvis in Memphis (Elvis showed critics and fans wrong with this '69 album)

FTD:

Jungle Room Sessions (outtakes from the '76 recordingsessions in Elvis' home)
Live In The International (great show from Elvis' first Las Vegas season in '69)
The Spring Tours (this CD proofs -in amazing soundquality- that Elvis was capable of doing great shows in '77)
The Nashville Marathon (Elvis was unstopable in 1970. This recordingsession showed Elvis going to the max at each and every song and take)
(you can find a full list of all FTD releases at www.tcb-world.com/ftd/ (http://www.tcb-world.com/ftd/))

That's about it. I can make this list extremely long, but then it wouldn't serve the prupose anymore ;)