PDA

View Full Version : How disgusting!!

vivaelvis
08-26-2012, 06:13 AM
This is so disgusting. Elvis' underpants going to be auctioned. Stains and all. I'm surprised his urine hasn't been sold by now. http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/elvis-undies-go-on-sale-stains-and-all/story-e6frea7u-1226458276881

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I believe these could be the same under crackers from the Elvis museum. Either way, they shouldn't be on display, in anyone's collection or for sale. It is putting it mildly, disgusting.

King Of The Whole World
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I bet those home movies will be bought up by EPE. They don't like home footage out there unless they release it. Besides maybe Lisa has never seen the footage anyway and I'm sure she would like to.

debtdbruno
08-26-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't know........sounds strange to me.......

why would Vernon have dirty underpants from 2 years previously?

Why would Cilla let home movie footage out of her possession?

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't know........sounds strange to me.......

why would Vernon have dirty underpants from 2 years previously?

Why would Cilla let home movie footage out of her possession?

Let's not forget that no man knows where the laundry basket is or how to use a washing machine.

debtdbruno
08-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Let's not forget that no man knows where the laundry basket is or how to use a washing machine.

:lol::lol::lol:

elvia7
08-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Poor ELVIS!!!

SHOCKER!!:angry:

King Of The Whole World
08-26-2012, 07:56 PM

That's what women are for.....just joking everyone.

Snake Eyes
08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
That's what women are for.....just joking everyone.

Or is he? :lmfao::lmfao:

King Of The Whole World
08-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Or is he? :lmfao::lmfao:

http://forum.facmedicine.com/attachments/physiology/1164d1339771570-why-do-we-say-hmmm-when-thinking-hmm.jpg

Tommy
08-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Poor ELVIS!!!

SHOCKER!!:angry:

:angry:(y) Agree...............

Tommy
08-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Anther item up for sale is his personal Bible, which is expected to raise as much as STG25,000.

The Bible was given to ELVIS on his first Christmas at Graceland in 1957 and was used throughout his life until his death on August 16, 1977.

It contains his handwritten notes, thoughts, annotations and underlining throughout.

It is also a shame about his Bible, I wonder how this got out of the Presley family's hands?:doh:

KPM
08-27-2012, 02:11 AM
So many things were pilfered after Elvis died, also so many things were given away by Elvis over the years its hard to know how things like these get into the public domain and can be offered for sale-but nothing surprises me.

JRtherealJR
08-27-2012, 02:39 AM
According to the story on Digital Spy, they were "found at the estate of Vernon Presley".

In other words, somebody found a pair of underpants in Vernon Presley's house after his (Vernon's) death. So isn't it reasonable to assume that they are probably Vernon's?

What proof is there that they were Elvis'? None, it seems.

I wouldn't be surprised if this item gets withdrawn from the auction, just like the Elvis autopsy tools which were up for auction in 2010 and then suddenly withdrawn because of "questions of ownership".

I would think that one surefire way of determining if they were Elvis' is to check them for blood spots from pre-concert injections from Dr.Nick. In the book "Down At The End Of Lonely Street" the authors note that the seat of Elvis' jumpsuits were sometimes spotted with blood due to the pre-concert regime.

ELVIS_
08-27-2012, 05:58 AM
They said they were special underpants, could possibly mean the type he wore with his jumpsuits witch I read somewhere were like the ones Skate dancers wear but skid marks and all? Like another poster said, we really don't know if they belonged to him.

Nicole Presley
08-27-2012, 01:31 PM
What I wonder is why didn“t anybody wash his underpants after he wore them?

Diane
08-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm always skeptical about a lot of items people claim belonged to Elvis....and this is certainly one of them.(n)

Tommy
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm always skeptical about a lot of items people claim belonged to Elvis....and this is certainly one of them.(n)

(y)...............you are right my friend, thank you. (y)

JRtherealJR
08-27-2012, 05:53 PM
They said they were special underpants, could possibly mean the type he wore with his jumpsuits witch I read somewhere were like the ones Skate dancers wear but skid marks and all? Like another poster said, we really don't know if they belonged to him.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lt5ahe.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that underneath the jumpsuits, Elvis wore a longer undergarment. Something like LongJohns which came down to mid-thigh. These don't look anything like that- they look too much like normal underpants

I'm still very dubious about this item at the auction- if they were found at Vernon's house after he died, and if they look just like an ordinary pair of underpants, then it's logical to assume that they were Vernon's.

We don't know anything about the person who is selling them. Is it the same person who found them at Vernon's house in 1979? Who found them? What connection (if any) did this person have to Elvis or Vernon? Who has owned them for all these years? Why are they only now putting them up for auction 33 years after they found them?

Too many questions....

King Of The Whole World
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I have some old underwear I can put up for sale, oh wait their mine. :lmfao:

Snake Eyes
08-27-2012, 06:31 PM
I've seen those pants before and I still find the image offensive. What kind of person would want to own used pants, even if they are Elvis'? It's a very disturbing world we live in.

presley31
08-27-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm always skeptical about a lot of items people claim belonged to Elvis....and this is certainly one of them.(n) I agree too with diane. I really doubt these are elvis underware and shame on the person selling it. Disgusting is right !!

debtdbruno
08-27-2012, 09:20 PM
they need taking off........and burning

ELVIS_
08-29-2012, 03:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPrzECkueXI

Tommy
08-29-2012, 03:30 AM
:doh:............................................. ..................disgraceful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane
08-29-2012, 03:39 PM
:doh:............................................. ..................disgraceful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Disgraceful, disrespectful, tacky and lowlife to the hilt!(n)(n)(n)

debtdbruno
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
My friend gave me the heads up this morning that it was going to be on BBC 1 breakfast.......and to be fair (being the BBC) it was centred around his bible, taking quotes, showing his religious side (with HGTA) playing in the background.....then spoilt it by a very brief mention of the pants at the end

KPM
08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Am I wrong or is this the second or third time these supposed Elvis underwear have been put up for auction?
I recall another thread concerning these in the last few years....maybe they never sold the first time.

Diane
08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Am I wrong or is this the second or third time these supposed Elvis underwear have been put up for auction?
I recall another thread concerning these in the last few years....maybe they never sold the first time.

No you're not wrong. I remember it too....at least once before. If no one bought these if they are the same ones, my faith in my fellow humans is lifted.(y)

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-30-2012, 08:06 AM
I just can't believe that anybody would want to buy these, its disgusting that they are out there in the first place! If I was the EPE estate I would have bought these filthy things quietly years ago so that publicity would have been avoided. Very sad indeed.

boquo2
08-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Yes! Disgraceful, disrespectful, tacky and lowlife to the hilt!(n)(n)(n)

No more needs to be said.

rocknroll
08-30-2012, 02:20 PM
It's a scam. These come up for sale once every 5 years or so. It's at leasty the third time I've seen this over the last decade.

vivaelvis
08-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm willing to bet that they aren't even Elvis' to begin with. Probably Vernon or Vester's. :lol:

ELVIS_
08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
That would be funny if they were really Vernon's. Looks like whoever wore them had them on for days..lol
But They look like regular Tighty Whitey's, I thought he wore the kind the Skate Dancers wore, that would make sense since his costumes were made from a place that specialized in that.

What's next someone takes a drive to "The Salvation Army" store and buy some old retro Undies, stain them up and say John Wayne wore them?

Another issue I have with this is he said they were, Light Blue, worn under an Off White Jumpsuit I'd think they stand out a little.

Diane
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Not only would he not wear light blue under white, I saw him on stage and you could tell he wore white tight fitting briefs...you could see the line on the top of his legs....so there!:D

Turbo
08-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Not only would he not wear light blue under white, I saw him on stage and you could tell he wore white tight fitting briefs...you could see the line on the top of his legs....so there!:D

Not that you looked at all, lol :blush:;):D

debtdbruno
08-30-2012, 09:30 PM
lets face it.......they could be anybody's

Diane
08-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Not that you looked at all, lol :blush:;):D

I noticed EVERYTHING about the man.:blush::blush::blush:

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Another question to be pondered is if these are indeed Elvis', who on earth close enough to the Presley's would fish out a soiled pair of briefs and keep them for future sale? not only is a person capable of doing such a thing a scum bag, but also someone who would commit the lowest form of betrayal.

KPM
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Another question to be pondered is if these are indeed Elvis', who on earth close enough to the Presley's would fish out a soiled pair of briefs and keep them for future sale? not only is a person capable of doing such a thing a scum bag, but also someone who would commit the lowest form of betrayal.
Yes someone was indeed the lowest of the low to keep these and then sell them (IF they did belong to Elvis)
But after the coffin photo could anything be done beyond our realm of imagination for profit by unscrupulous "friends"

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes someone was indeed the lowest of the low to keep these and then sell them (IF they did belong to Elvis)
But after the coffin photo could anything be done beyond our realm of imagination for profit by unscrupulous "friends"

Agreed, just shows that once Elvis died, his 'friends' were no longer TCBing for Elvis but themselves.

buttonhead
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM

thinking the same way like u do Diane...

Dave TCB
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Im sure I remember reading years ago that Elvis wore "Dancers Briefs" under his jumpsuit.
Apparently the idea being they don't show as much as regular briefs. These don't look like dancers briefs to me.

Nicole Presley
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I just read on on facebook that the auction is over and nobody bought his underpants.

debtdbruno
09-08-2012, 11:27 PM
the bible went for £59,000

underpants withdrawn at £5000, didn't reach the reserve

JRtherealJR
09-08-2012, 11:32 PM

It's a shame EPE didn't buy the pants and keep them hidden away forever. $5000 for EPE would'nt exactly be breaking the bank.

As it is, they're going to keep cropping up every few years again in subsequent auctions and attracting more of the same headlines.

Diane
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm happy they didn't sell. It proves people ARE smarter than the average bear.:lol:(y)

Tommy
09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm happy they didn't sell. It proves people ARE smarter than the average bear.:lol:(y)

(y).....................:lol:

Snake Eyes
09-09-2012, 06:15 PM
the bible went for £59,000

Brilliant, now the seller has to lug home soiled underwear AGAIN :lmfao:

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
It's a shame EPE didn't buy the pants and keep them hidden away forever. $5000 for EPE would'nt exactly be breaking the bank.

As it is, they're going to keep cropping up every few years again in subsequent auctions and attracting more of the same headlines.

It's crossed my mind that if EPE bought these it would give the story credence and a stamp of authority and similar fake stuff would start appearing??

debtdbruno
09-09-2012, 08:23 PM
as I said before, they need burning to stop them going back to auction at a later date

presley31
09-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Good one diane:) So glad that someone didn't sink that low.

Diane
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
It's crossed my mind that if EPE bought these it would give the story credence and a stamp of authority and similar fake stuff would start appearing??

You are right. It could be the start of other very disgusting and fake stuff appearing for sale.

presley31
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
You are right. It could be the start of other very disgusting and fake stuff appearing for sale.

Sure wouldn't be the first time for them.

vivaelvis
09-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm really glad that nobody bought them. At least it shows that there's a limited market when it comes to tacky and disrespectful. Now if that had been Marylin Monroe's panties, well that might have been a different story.;)

Tommy
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/765472/thumbs/s-ELVIS-BIBLE-large.jpg
Elvis' bible sold for about $94,000.

Elvis Presley's old Bible was auctioned for a whopping $94,600 on Saturday. NBC News reported.
The Bible was reportedly given to the singer at his Graceland home in 1957, and bought by an American man based in Britain.

King Of The Whole World
09-10-2012, 09:21 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/765472/thumbs/s-ELVIS-BIBLE-large.jpg
Elvis' bible sold for about $94,000.

Elvis Presley's old Bible was auctioned for a whopping $94,600 on Saturday. NBC News reported.
The Bible was reportedly given to the singer at his Graceland home in 1957, and bought by an American man based in Britain.

I wish I had the money to buy things like this that come up for auction.

Tommy
09-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I wish I had the money to buy things like this that come up for auction.

Yes, I would donate it back to Graceland, if I could. (y)

Diane
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Agreed. I think that every time I see one of his jumpsuits up for sale.

Tommy
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM

(y) Yes Diane, I agree with you. (y)

Jumpsuit Junkie
09-11-2012, 07:37 AM

Graceland/EPE make a large amount of money each year, if they wanted to they could afford to buy back these items. my guess is that they have the majority of Jumpsuits and have other bibles at Graceland. They simply have no desire to reclaim these Items which is a shame because they make the collection whole.

If I was Elvis' son or daughter a personal bible of my fathers would be a precious item I would love to have! LMP could have bid anonymously if she was interested to ensure the price wasn't jacked up.

debtdbruno
09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Graceland/EPE make a large amount of money each year, if they wanted to they could afford to buy back these items. my guess is that they have the majority of Jumpsuits and have other bibles at Graceland. They simply have no desire to reclaim these Items which is a shame because they make the collection whole.

If I was Elvis' son or daughter a personal bible of my fathers would be a precious item I would love to have! LMP could have bid anonymously if she was interested to ensure the price wasn't jacked up.

going off on a tangent, I have thought this about the Circle G, the owners hike up the price......why doesn't she bid anonymously?