PDA

View Full Version : Memphis!

josephinebeau
08-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Hey everyone, just got back from Memphis and my first Elvis Week. I have been to Graceland once before but it was in the spring so not nearly as exciting. I just have to say this far exceeded my expectations and then some. I am 34 so since this was the 35th anniversary I am always interested to see the demographics of Elvis fans, as you can guess he appeals to everyone because there were folk of all ages there. I personally talked to folks from Brazil, France, England, Germany, Scotland, Japan, Belgium, to name a few and all were my age and younger, so this media bias of Elvis only being for older folks is bullocks to borrow an English expression.

I was fortunate enough to see the Elvis concert in New York Radio City Music Hall last year and I though it was great, but the spectacle they put on this week was out of this world. It lasted from 8:30 to 11:14, and rocked the house, and we had church.:P
Just to give some info I am a big music fan and have seen Metallica, ACDC, KISS, Aerosmith etc,but Elvis kicked all there behinds.:clap:
They did things very different than in NYC as they spanned the entire career not just the concert years 69-73.
Lisa Marie and Priscilla did a fantastic job and I personally appreciate that beautiful way they shared Elvis with us that night. T Bone Burnett and Lisa worked on a beautiful video of Elvis with his whole family to include Lisa, Priscilla, Gladys, Vernon, and his grandchildren. It was set to the old Sun recording of "I Love You Because". Lisa cracked me up because after seeing her Mom trying to navigate the stage with super high heels, she decided to kick her shoes off and come out bare footed, gotta love that girl. At the Peabody I ate breakfast beside Joe Esposito, ran into Larry Gellar at the elevators, sat beside James Burton, and said thank you sir to Mr. D.J. Fontana the morning after the concert. Seriously, anybody who wants can come with me next Elvis week cause apparently I have really good luck.
PS- I have pics and video but I do not know how to load them because when I try it asks for a URL, if anyone would like to tell my how to load that would be cool.

King Of The Whole World
08-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone, just got back from Memphis and my first Elvis Week. I have been to Graceland once before but it was in the spring so not nearly as exciting. I just have to say this far exceeded my expectations and then some. I am 34 so since this was the 35th anniversary I am always interested to see the demographics of Elvis fans, as you can guess he appeals to everyone because there were folk of all ages there. I personally talked to folks from Brazil, France, England, Germany, Scotland, Japan, Belgium, to name a few and all were my age and younger, so this media bias of Elvis only being for older folks is bullocks to borrow an English expression.

I was fortunate enough to see the Elvis concert in New York Radio City Music Hall last year and I though it was great, but the spectacle they put on this week was out of this world. It lasted from 8:30 to 11:14, and rocked the house, and we had church.:P
Just to give some info I am a big music fan and have seen Metallica, ACDC, KISS, Aerosmith etc,but Elvis kicked all there behinds.:clap:
They did things very different than in NYC as they spanned the entire career not just the concert years 69-73.
Lisa Marie and Priscilla did a fantastic job and I personally appreciate that beautiful way they shared Elvis with us that night. T Bone Burnett and Lisa worked on a beautiful video of Elvis with his whole family to include Lisa, Priscilla, Gladys, Vernon, and his grandchildren. It was set to the old Sun recording of "I Love You Because". Lisa cracked me up because after seeing her Mom trying to navigate the stage with super high heels, she decided to kick her shoes off and come out bare footed, gotta love that girl. At the Peabody I ate breakfast beside Joe Esposito, ran into Larry Gellar at the elevators, sat beside James Burton, and said thank you sir to Mr. D.J. Fontana the morning after the concert. Seriously, anybody who wants can come with me next Elvis week cause apparently I have really good luck.
PS- I have pics and video but I do not know how to load them because when I try it asks for a URL, if anyone would like to tell my how to load that would be cool.

You ain't kidding it was freaking awesome. Highlight of the week for me. (y) (y) (y) (y)