PDA

View Full Version : Elvis in Jeans

John Burrows
07-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi

It's well known, that Elvis didn't liked Jeans and never wore them (at least as soon as he didn't have to anymore). But what about this: http://silvesters-elvis-page.at/p-2p005.html and this http://silvesters-elvis-page.at/p-shirt004.html?

Diane
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
That is interesting. I've seen that picture many times and never thought about what he was wearing and that's about the only outfit I can think of that has jeans.

King Of The Whole World
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I think some of his distaste in jeans was blown out of proportion a little. There is a difference of "poor" jeans and a nice pair of jeans, which I think is what he was wearing in the pictures. Also he would wear jeans when he wanted to play cowboy at the Circle G Ranch. So I think he didn't hate wearing jeans that much, it may not have been his favorite clothing but I don't think he never wanted to wear them.

mistymorning
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Wow ! he's soooooo cool in jeans !(y)

Diane
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes he is (y):lol:

debtdbruno
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
He looks absolutely gorgeous here.........55244

Diane
07-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes he does. I imagine that he wore jeans more often than we realize.

KPM
07-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I recall that Elvis told either Billy or Gene Smith that he didn't like jeans because they were "field cloths"
I guess when you grow up poor and you pretty much wore jeans all the time you say to yourself-one day I'm gonna have the fanciest cloths money can buy-well he did just that.
That jean outfit hes wearing was definitely not "field cloths":D
I grew up poor as well and my mom would buy the thickest heaviest off brand jeans for us because they lasted so long and she could hand them down to my brothers....luckily jeans were in style during the 60s....my brothers hated the hand me downs though.

ELVIS_
07-03-2012, 02:15 AM
like one of the posters above said, the jeans he's wearing are designer jeans. I think he disliked the common pair of jeans like they had him wear in "Loving You" and "Roustabout". He was playing someone who was poor and from what my dad and his dad always told me, "jeans are only good for hard work or for people who are low income but boy has that changed!
I believe it started in the late 60s when they started added flare to leg or better known as Bell-Bottoms.

asian1
07-03-2012, 03:00 AM
I recall looking through a book which contained many of Elvis' personal wardrobe. I believe it was an auction book. There were at least two different types of jeans(pants) from the 70's that were displayed. They were custom jeans and looked interesting. YEs, the story of Elvis hating jeans may have been exaggerated.

Raised on Rock
07-03-2012, 04:11 AM
There are actually quite a few pics of Elvis from the 70's wearing jeans, but of course those where designer jeans, not work jeans. In a way a look at the future and what jeans are today.

mistymorning
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
The kind of jeans he wears in " stay away joe " is also very becoming and he looks so handsome wearing them......and also the jeans he was wearing in late 60's were very cool too.

Cliff
07-03-2012, 10:18 AM
you say it is well known, but has any one actually seen a quote from Elvis on this? Perhaps it is one of the many myths that surround Elvis. Who knows?

Snake Eyes
07-04-2012, 10:07 AM
He looks absolutely gorgeous here.........55244

Those jeans are very snug (y)

debtdbruno
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Those jeans are very snug (y)

lol......arent they just?:lol::lol:

This is one of my fav pics.....he looks perfect here. 'Just' a Man, not 'Elvisy,....jeans, sleeves rolled up and his hair mussed up.........gorgeous

boquo2
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
there are also photos from Hawaii '77 wearing what appear to be jeans

Snake Eyes
07-05-2012, 01:57 PM

This is one of my fav pics.....he looks perfect here. 'Just' a Man, not 'Elvisy,....jeans, sleeves rolled up and his hair mussed up.........gorgeous

I wonder why this is one of your favourite pics :whistling :lol:

debtdbruno
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I wonder why this is one of your favourite pics :whistling :lol:

welllllll.........thats an added bonus:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Snake Eyes
07-05-2012, 06:25 PM
He does look exceptional in this pic, but my eyes keep wandering downtown..................:smoke:

KPM
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Actually arent those pants dark brown corduroy? I recall a color photo or some film of Elvis receiving those gold records and I thought it showed they were dark brown in color?
Anyone have a color photo of this picture?

debtdbruno
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Mmmm, hard to tell I suppose Ken when its b/w......still looks good though....lol

Snake Eyes
07-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Actually arent those pants dark brown corduroy? I recall a color photo or some film of Elvis receiving those gold records and I thought it showed they were dark brown in color?
Anyone have a color photo of this picture?

You know, I think you're right, I'm sure I've seen this pic in colour too.

debtdbruno
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
yeh, but was it colorised?

need to dig 'Through my Eyes' out.......not sure if that's in colour though:hmm::hmm:

Snake Eyes
07-05-2012, 07:21 PM
yeh, but was it colorised?

need to dig 'Through my Eyes' out.......not sure if that's in colour though:hmm::hmm:

Do you really need a reason to look at Elvis in tight jeans haha :lmfao: I don't lol

debtdbruno
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Noooooooooo............hahaha