PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Fan CD Song List and Mosaic Design Revealed

Elvis.com
06-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Thousands of Elvis fans from around the world made their Elvis fan declaration by voting for their favorite Elvis songs, uploading their photo for the Elvis fan mosaic, and ordering their Elvis fan t-shirt. Now, we are excited to announce the song list that you the Elvis fans chose for the upcoming ...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6409)

Jungleroom76
06-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Well...certainly no real surprises on that list!!! :doh:

Aside from the inclusion of WELCOME TO MY WORLD, there isn't one song on that list that we all didn't know would be on there!! Then, as if this whole rigged "voting" fiasco wasn't biased enough, SUSPICIOUS MINDS appears on the CD twice!! WHY??? I realize one is supposed to represent the "live" years and the other is from the "60's" but considering they were only recorded 7 months apart, as they are using a live version from 1969, then again I ask WHY???? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Once again, the fans have to look outside the U.S. for a package that is truly worthy of Elvis' legacy!! Fortunately, the Australian version of this project allows non-Australian residents to vote for their favorite song AND the fans get to choose from Elvis' ENTIRE catalog!!! So once more, Elvis' legacy has been topped by a non-U.S. country...which is certainly not a bad thing at all...at least SOMEONE knows how to truly honor the 35th anniversary of Elvis' passing!!! :notworthy :notworthy

Meanwhile, while Sony was busy putting together another one of their crappy greatest hits collection...oh, excuse me, a rigged "fan-voted" compilation...they completely ignored 2 of the biggest milestones of Elvis' career in the 40th anniversary of ELVIS ON TOUR and the 40th anniversary of Elvis' historic MADISON SQUARE GARDEN performances!! Did we get a release on either of these highlights of Elvis' career?? No, but we got a CD with 2 versions of SUSPICIOUS MINDS on it!!! YEAH FOR US!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

This whole 35th anniversary of Elvis' passing has been completely ruined by Sony. After all the years of loyalty, dedication, blood, sweat, tears and of course money that Elvis' recordings have brought Sony, this piece of **** is the thanks the fans get??? What a truly sad day for Elvis fans... :sad: :sad: :sad:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
06-15-2012, 07:30 PM
I do have to add though...thanks to the fan mosaic project, the entire anniversary project isn't a total loss! Personally, I think it was a very unique idea to put this mosaic together, letting the fans actually be a tangible part of it! So kudos go out to whomever came up with this portion of the project!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

poor boy
06-15-2012, 07:31 PM
I cant believe this , i dont for one moment believe that Elvis fans picked the tracks for this album . i mean Welcome To My World & Blue Hawaii please give me a break . Not only is this a bad compilation , its one of the worst ive ever come across & Suspicious Minds twice thats really going to appeal to the non fans . Most houses have at least one Elvis hits album in them & for the most part its the same songs again . This will do even worse than Viva Elvis . I for one wont be wasting my hard earned money on this dross & i dont think many others will either . Ah Sony , i can just see them sitting in their office discussing Elvis 35th anniversary . How will we celebrate and mark the occasion . I know lets release an album full of songs that we have released on a half dozen other greatest hits & Love songs albums over the last ten years but the twist is we will pretend to put a tiny microdot picture of them on it and it will be so small they wont be able to see if they are on it , so we dont have to put them on it at all but the suckers will buy it thinking they are on the cover of an Elvis album . They pat each other on the back and say brilliant . Pathetic

King Of The Whole World
06-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I cant believe this , i dont for one moment believe that Elvis fans picked the tracks for this album . i mean Welcome To My World & Blue Hawaii please give me a break . Not only is this a bad compilation , its one of the worst ive ever come across & Suspicious Minds twice thats really going to appeal to the non fans . Most houses have at least one Elvis hits album in them & for the most part its the same songs again . This will do even worse than Viva Elvis . I for one wont be wasting my hard earned money on this dross & i dont think many others will either . Ah Sony , i can just see them sitting in their office discussing Elvis 35th anniversary . How will we celebrate and mark the occasion . I know lets release an album full of songs that we have released on a half dozen other greatest hits & Love songs albums over the last ten years but the twist is we will pretend to put a tiny microdot picture of them on it and it will be so small they wont be able to see if they are on it , so we dont have to put them on it at all but the suckers will buy it thinking they are on the cover of an Elvis album . They pat each other on the back and say brilliant . Pathetic

You can look up your picture by using your email address. I think they did use the pictures too not just a hoax.

Nicole Presley
06-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I won“t buy that CD. All songs on there are songs I have on other CDs at least 20 times!

Snake Eyes
06-15-2012, 09:54 PM
This cd will at least sell to the 8,000 people who uploaded their pictures. Sure, more choices should've been made available, but most of us have most of his works anyway. It does make you wonder if any of these record execs peruse any Elvis forums to see what the fans really want. It's basic market research! Sony you can go do one!

poor boy
06-15-2012, 11:42 PM
You can look up your picture by using your email address. I think they did use the pictures too not just a hoax.

Ok your picture may be on a site but on the actual sleeve ? . Well maybe it is but that still means the cd is of jnterest only to those few thats on it . It is still one of the worst compilations i can remember .

josephinebeau
06-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Okay I think this mosaic thing is actually pretty cool, I found my picture.:)
http://fanmosaics.com/elvis/search/go/XgX

Brian Quinn
06-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Now available for purchase from www.amazon.co.uk for a mere £22.58!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony have got to be joking!!

Brian :blink:

dennyelvis
06-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Thats a shocking price, terrible tracklisting, nothing new or even alternate or even a rarer live version ? this will surely signal the end of the Elvis cd, what a real shame too !

vivaelvis
06-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Thats a shocking price, terrible tracklisting, nothing new or even alternate or even a rarer live version ? this will surely signal the end of the Elvis cd, what a real shame too !

Only 250,000 people voted worldwide. This will be a bigger flop than Viva Elvis was. Unfortunately, Sony will place the blame on Elvis' dying fanbase and claim that he's no longer selling. Which is NOT the case at all! They basically tried to force the hand that feeds them. (n)

dennyelvis
06-18-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree, he WILL sell if the effort is put in, some common sense used, and start giving fans what they really want ..............

Raised on Rock
06-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm near the lip curl! lol

So yeah the fan mosaic its cool, but the CD track list its just Elvis 30 #1 mashed with 2 to None all over again and errr.... wasn't that the same thing that happened with the Elvis '75 single CD release? So all mayor Elvis releases in the last 10 years have the same track list over and over again. It is just retarded!

Jungleroom76
06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
I agree, he WILL sell if the effort is put in, some common sense used, and start giving fans what they really want ..............

Which is EXACTLY what the Australian version of this project will be!! Letting the fans vote for their favorite song from Elvis' ENTIRE catalog!! Yes, they only get to vote for one song, but it will be from ANY of Elvis' recordings...not the ones that have already been selected as vote-worthy by Sony!!

Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this whole "voting" thing was rigged and the actual tracklisting was already decided before this joke of a project was even announced!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Only 250,000 people voted worldwide. This will be a bigger flop than Viva Elvis was. Unfortunately, Sony will place the blame on Elvis' dying fanbase and claim that he's no longer selling. Which is NOT the case at all! They basically tried to force the hand that feeds them. (n)

I agree completely, and it will be interesting to see how many voters the Australian version of this project will receive! My bet is that it will be significantly higher simply because the fans are allowed to vote for their favorite song from Elvis' ENTIRE catalog!!! That is probably why there were so few votes for the U.S. version of this project...most of the fans figured why bother voting when we were basically being told which songs to vote for!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

TCB!
Mike

poor boy
06-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Now available for purchase from www.amazon.co.uk for a mere £22.58!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony have got to be joking!!

Brian :blink:
What a ridiculous price . Ive already said earlier in this thread that i thought this useless pointless release would flop , well now its a certainty , why would anyone spend that kind of money when in most major record stores you could pick up Elvis 1s for about £10 . £22.58 is about 30 Euro . Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for this dross .