PDA

View Full Version : Last concert you listened to

Snake Eyes
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
The last two shows I've listened to are.................... Drum roll...........

A Dam Fine Show - April 25th 1975
The Bicentennial Elvis Experience - August 1st 1976

debtdbruno
06-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I think it was the concerts from the On Stage bootleg set...
Mostly I prefer the studio releases, like all the banter in-between songs......hilarious

King Of The Whole World
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I was listening to Hillbilly Cat Live when I was working out.

Jungleroom76
06-15-2012, 06:23 PM
The last show I listened to was the Boston show from November '71! What an AMAZING show...when Elvis was still truly passionate about touring and performing live!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Snake Eyes
06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
The last show I listened to was the Boston show from November '71! What an AMAZING show...when Elvis was still truly passionate about touring and performing live!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Do you know what? I've checked my live collection and have absolutely no shows from 1971!!! Thanks for the recommendation, I shall have to bust out my fat wallet and buy some more shows (y)

rocknroll
06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
The Last Waltz - The Band - 1976

asian1
06-16-2012, 12:13 AM
The last Elvis concert I listened to was the Pearl Harbor Benefit Show from the "Such A Night" cd booklet pkg. I could hear Elvis having joy singing in this performance. The songs were for the most part, faithful to the original recordings. There were moments of levity, although brief, and judging by the crowds reaction, it was a most thrillling performance.

There was an intersting reprint of an articel included in the pkg, pg 81, which puzzled me. The writer of the articel mentioned Elvis starting to sing: "Lonely in the Night", then "Buttercup"... then the big three: "Surrender", "Don't Be Cruel" and "Hound Dog". Nowhere on the cd, tracklisting or liner notes do the songs"Surrender", "Buttercup", "Lonely in the Night" appear. Has anyone else who has purchsed the Such A Night cd seen this?

ThreeCornPatches
06-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Elvis live in Madison. June 24 1977 soundboard version from the final curtain. :D It maybe not one of his best but certainly not his worst i love his version of See See Rider, Jailhouse Rock, It's Now Or Never (With Reprise),One Night, Love Me Tender :D

Snake Eyes
06-16-2012, 10:55 AM
The last Elvis concert I listened to was the Pearl Harbor Benefit Show from the "Such A Night" cd booklet pkg. I could hear Elvis having joy singing in this performance. The songs were for the most part, faithful to the original recordings. There were moments of levity, although brief, and judging by the crowds reaction, it was a most thrillling performance.

There was an intersting reprint of an articel included in the pkg, pg 81, which puzzled me. The writer of the articel mentioned Elvis starting to sing: "Lonely in the Night", then "Buttercup"... then the big three: "Surrender", "Don't Be Cruel" and "Hound Dog". Nowhere on the cd, tracklisting or liner notes do the songs"Surrender", "Buttercup", "Lonely in the Night" appear. Has anyone else who has purchsed the Such A Night cd seen this?

I do have this, as yet opened, but I will have a look later and let you know.

Snake Eyes
06-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Elvis live in Madison. June 24 1977 soundboard version from the final curtain. :D It maybe not one of his best but certainly not his worst i love his version of See See Rider, Jailhouse Rock, It's Now Or Never (With Reprise),One Night, Love Me Tender :D

I'm going to check my live shows and see if I have this :lol:

Snake Eyes
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Nope, I don't have that show from Madison (n)

Snake Eyes
06-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Cracked out Desert Storm earlier (y) gotta love those monologues :lol:

debtdbruno
06-22-2012, 06:51 PM
I think it's quite entertaining DS, I know people put it all down to the drugs......but, on the other hand, why can't he get 'issues' off his chest:lmfao::lmfao:

Snake Eyes
06-22-2012, 06:55 PM
I think it's quite entertaining DS, I know people put it all down to the drugs......but, on the other hand, why can't he get 'issues' off his chest:lmfao::lmfao:

I quite liked the Priscilla monologue, you can imagine her cringing about the stutz / stud reference :lol: