PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Touring The 70s cd box sets

Snake Eyes
05-31-2012, 10:50 AM
I've seen a few of these go on eBay the past couple of months, with volume 2 going for about 75.00 only last week. Some of the descriptions are very detailed, listing 17 cds per box of live shows. What I want to know is, are these a good buy? I'm very intrigued by them as I want as many live performances as possible, but I will be honest, I have read at least 5 reviews where this particular set has been slated, so what is the problem? Is it generally because most of these shows are available elsewhere in better quality and for a cheaper price?

ThreeCornPatches
05-31-2012, 10:52 AM
basically those are sets of concerts taken from bootleg and official released cd's so nothing new is in it or. and the quality is basically the same as the original releases

Snake Eyes
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
basically those are sets of concerts taken from bootleg and official released cd's so nothing new is in it or. and the quality is basically the same as the original releases

Thank you, so I'd imagine getting these box sets would save time for me scrawling through other live releases.

dennyelvis
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
I guess it would but try and find info of the shows included and check the reviews on line regarding the quality etc, the may just be very poor PA recordings .......... a good review site for concerts

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/

debtdbruno
05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
I bought the 50's, 60's and 70's Masters box set......never opened them.....lol

Snake Eyes
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
I guess it would but try and find info of the shows included and check the reviews on line regarding the quality etc, the may just be very poor PA recordings .......... a good review site for concerts

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/

Thanks, I will definately look into this box set, may be able to kill a few birds with one stone so to speak (y)

Snake Eyes
05-31-2012, 06:39 PM
I bought the 50's, 60's and 70's Masters box set......never opened them.....lol

Are you bored of these then...................... hint hint, just kidding :lol:

debtdbruno
05-31-2012, 09:51 PM
I just think you get suckered into buying 'everything'......lol

glad I have them, just generally get cd's out that have easier packaging, rather than big box sets