PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie pulls personal letter from auction

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 01:10 AM
A personal letter that was written to Lisa Marie from Michael Jackson has been pulled off of the up-coming auction. To read the article click on the link below.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/05/michael-jacksons-sleepless-letter-to-lisa-marie-presley/

vivaelvis
05-31-2012, 01:24 AM
He must have confessed to the charges of child molestation. :lol:

josephinebeau
05-31-2012, 03:43 AM
Whoa, good for her it must be hard to have the whole world vying to look at your personal things. I would be angry as well.

Snake Eyes
05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
It makes me wonder with a "handle" like Turd, what the smell box smells like :lol: Also, how did this letter get to auction in the first place?

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 06:20 PM
It makes me wonder with a "handle" like Turd, what the smell box smells like :lol: Also, how did this letter get to auction in the first place?

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is that it was at his house and a person in his camp wanted to sell it for money. Which might mean did she ever get the letter, maybe she never knew about it until now.

KPM
05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
What a strange child like look the letter itself has, surely not all his correspondences looked like a 5 year old penned them.

Tommy
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
What a strange child like look the letter itself has, surely not all his correspondences looked like a 5 year old penned them.

Not everyone has beautiful hand-writing, and remember he could have been on something. (y)

KPM
05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Not everyone has beautiful hand-writing, and remember he could have been on something. (y)

Thats very true.

Diane
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm happy she was able to pull that letter but sorry the whole world saw it anyway. It a strange note from an adult man and very badly written.

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 08:50 PM

Yes a lot of people make fun of Elvis' letter to Nixon as well. The writing and what he might have been on at the time.

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm happy she was able to pull that letter but sorry the whole world saw it anyway. It a strange note from an adult man and very badly written.

Yes I do not understand why it was still posted online either, everybody still was able to read it. So what was the big deal if someone bought it after that.

KPM
05-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes a lot of people make fun of Elvis' letter to Nixon as well. The writing and what he might have been on at the time.
Well one thing in common MJ and Elvis seem to have is poor letter writing ability:D

KPM
05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes the "smell the box" part only adds to MJs reputation as strange.

RS277
06-01-2012, 03:16 AM
To be honest, I find the whole thing, marriage and letter very disturbing. Just saying

Tommy
06-01-2012, 03:43 AM
I always wondered what ELVIS would have thought about her marrying him, but now we will never know, such a horrible shame, bless HIM.

Diane
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM

I tried to ignore that part as I have an over active imagination lol

Tommy
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I tried to ignore that part as I have an over active imagination lol

I understand what you mean. :lol:

lvelvis
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
hmm , more personal things of her dear father , she never pulled , like the autopsy tools and that auction of his underwear .where was her loyalty there. Instead she is so worried over that sicko.

KPM
06-01-2012, 03:43 PM
hmm , more personal things of her dear father , she never pulled , like the autopsy tools and that auction of his underwear .where was her loyalty there. Instead she is so worried over that sicko.
With all due respect-the letter from MJ to her-no doubt is her property unless someone could prove that she gave it to them, or some trail of ownership that shows the letter was legitimately up for action. The person putting it up for auction would have lost a lawsuit it they could not prove how they came by the letter so they were obviously not wanting to go to court and they pulled the letter.
The autopsy tools were not in any way shape or form the property of Elvis, Lisa ot the estate at any time-people have the right by law to sell what is theirs-that is democracy. As far as underwear-once again if there was a trail of ownership which proved whoever was auctioning it was the legal owner....she had no way to stop the sale.
Elvis gave away many valuble and not so valuble things in his life-singer Billy Swan has a pair of Elvis's socks that Elvis wore supposedly when he recorded the Swans song (no pun intended) "I Can Help" if Swan wants to sell them -he can. Anyone who received a gift of any kind from Elvis or anyone for that matter has the right to sell it if they desire. Lisa can not know every item her father gave away, which would be a substantial total......but she does know a letter addressed to her is her property and the law would agree.
I agree I did not like the tools or underwear put up for sale-but its the way democracy works.....to blame Lisa for it is just unjustified.

Jungleroom76
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM

Agreed!! :doh:

TCB!
Mike

lvelvis
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
i do understand kpm , but i sure wish that these auction houses would have some decencey, and not sell/auction real weird and silly things , when i heard of those things being auctioned , i was appauled.

KPM
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Well I agree, today nothing is sacred. But unfortunately we have little control over most things like this.

debtdbruno
06-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I find the whole scenario of Lisa and Michael a bit distasteful......cant understand them ever getting together

LaurieT
06-02-2012, 11:35 PM
I find the whole scenario of Lisa and Michael a bit distasteful......cant understand them ever getting together

Oh gees, here she goes with the drama. You have to be kidding me?? Big deal. Everyone can see it. Not like there is some huge secret in it or passionate love words.

debtdbruno
06-03-2012, 12:17 AM
no, no drama..........
I can understand motivation....publicity, you know?

It still means I find the thought of them as husband and Wife a total turnoff..........

Diane
06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
no, no drama..........

It still means I find the thought of them as husband and Wife a total turnoff..........

I agree with you. They were the world's worst "odd couple". I always thought I understood his motivation but not hers.

Turbo
06-09-2012, 08:52 AM
A personal letter that was written to Lisa Marie from Michael Jackson has been pulled off of the up-coming auction. To read the article click on the link below.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/05/michael-jacksons-sleepless-letter-to-lisa-marie-presley/

This "stinks" of Scientology.

Lisa wanted to get out, told the cult where to go, and she wrote a song about it.

Suddenly, a letter appears. Timing is too perfect!

Scientology is a dangerous cult. As you know, they want to know all about anyone who joins, so they can use it against them later, so people cannot get out.

As we know, anyone famous, can pay for their name to be kept out of the media, unless it is something as powerful as this cult.

If you want to know something about this cult:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WXzSB2OUZQ

Please, if you agree, pass these thoughts on.

Snake Eyes
06-09-2012, 01:14 PM
no, no drama..........

*passes debtdbruno the sick bucket* :blink:
You're not alone with that mind-set(y)

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-10-2012, 05:20 PM
LMP maybe Elvis' daughter, but she is the product of a Hollywood style upbringing that leaves them mentally immature, in a lot of respects she must have seen some of the same traits in MJ and felt drawn to him. LMP has veered from one end of the spectrum to the other and depending where she is on that spectrum depends on how insane her choices are.

It seems to me that as she has got older, her swings have calmed down, perhaps she is settled in her life...

Diane
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
She seems to be very happy with her current husband and the twins, and yes, she seems to be settling down quite a lot.

KPM
06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
LMP maybe Elvis' daughter, but she is the product of a Hollywood style upbringing that leaves them mentally immature, in a lot of respects she must have seen some of the same traits in MJ and felt drawn to him. LMP has veered from one end of the spectrum to the other and depending where she is on that spectrum depends on how insane her choices are.

It seems to me that as she has got older, her swings have calmed down, perhaps she is settled in her life...
I actually think she may have seen comparisons between her father and MJ (that MJ played up)......having to stay reclusive, worrying about who were true friends, the medication problem which MJ had developed over time,...Neverland-Graceland, even the chimps Bubbles and Scatter.
People so big that their lives are never normal, never run of the mill.....and I truely think MJ wanted the marriage to help normalise his image from what it was becoming with the suits and allegations...so he used the basic similariities to pursue Lisa.....he may have even needed someone to understand his situation for his own minds sake.....and she was it.
I think in her interviews with Oprah she has alluded to seeing a similarity in their lives.
I do think she has settled down some-having kids, seeing the error of your youthful mistakes, has a way of maturing everyone.

LaurieT
06-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I actually think she may have seen comparisons between her father and MJ (that MJ played up)......having to stay reclusive, worrying about who were true friends, the medication problem which MJ had developed over time,...Neverland-Graceland, even the chimps Bubbles and Scatter.
People so big that their lives are never normal, never run of the mill.....and I truely think MJ wanted the marriage to help normalise his image from what it was becoming with the suits and allegations...so he used the basic similariities to pursue Lisa.....he may have even needed someone to understand his situation for his own minds sake.....and she was it.
I think in her interviews with Oprah she has alluded to seeing a similarity in their lives.
I do think she has settled down some-having kids, seeing the error of your youthful mistakes, has a way of maturing everyone.

Lisa-too big?? It's weird, so many people I know couldn't care less what she is doing. And some are Elvis fans. Lisa is not a victim here. She did not have to make the choices she did. Once married, she and hubs could have moved to somewhere. Like she did now. Many famous people go live on farms or ranches and the towns they live in become quite accustomed to them being there. She made her live in the worst of places if she wanted privacy and married the worst of men in marriage 2,3,,,,if she truely wanted to be left alone. It just seems self-destructive to say you want something, and then bring it on to yourself.

Turbo
06-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Lisa felt for Michael, she understood him, and wanted to help him.

Their friendship turned into a romance, Lisa said that they had a loving marriage.