PDA

View Full Version : do you still go to ELVIS week

lvelvis
05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
i no longer go to ELVIS week for some years now , the reason being , i like saving the money and secondly it just isn't the same as early 80's- i hate all the impersonator crap , especially when they gather at meditation gardens and sing- just deplorable.

I must admit i admit not going and seeing all the great stuff for sale , like alversons, and leechs photo rooms , and the memrobillia shows at the peabody and howard johnsons. I guess i will watch the best of the footage on tube. So do you still go to ELVIS week?

debtdbruno
05-30-2012, 07:55 PM
I was going with my Mum, unfortunately i had to make the decision not to go.......
I found out it 'could' get upto 115, and she would not cope with the possibility of it going that high.
Bought the VIP tickets, all access pass, hotel, flights, and car hire.......gutted

lvelvis
05-30-2012, 11:03 PM
wow that is a bummer , i hope that both you and your mom can make it another time . I went with my mom back in 87 and we had a great time , as it was my mom who first got me onto ELVIS .

vivaelvis
05-31-2012, 01:26 AM
No, I don't go period anymore. Not until they make drastic changes, and I don't mean Sillerman's plan. I mean upgrades worthy of the $70.00 it cost to take in the Elvis world experience and enjoy it.

boquo2
05-31-2012, 03:16 AM
i'm hoping to get there later this year, but not during Elvis week. I agree that impertsonators make a mockery of things.

josephinebeau
05-31-2012, 03:41 AM
I am going this year. I have been to Graceland before but it was in March so this will be totally different. I have tickets to the Elvis Concert at the FedEx Forum and after seeing it in NYC last year I have to say I was impressed. This year will have the added attraction of Lisa Marie and Priscilla in Memphis so that should be interesting. As far as the weather I am from central Kentucky, which is the state just North of Tennessee for those abroad, and it gets mighty hot and humid here as well. I was born after Elvis died and I loather impersonators, if I see one doing something I consider to be disrespectful I will have to call it to attention.

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 04:20 AM
I am going this year. I have been to Graceland before but it was in March so this will be totally different. I have tickets to the Elvis Concert at the FedEx Forum and after seeing it in NYC last year I have to say I was impressed. This year will have the added attraction of Lisa Marie and Priscilla in Memphis so that should be interesting. As far as the weather I am from central Kentucky, which is the state just North of Tennessee for those abroad, and it gets mighty hot and humid here as well. I was born after Elvis died and I loather impersonators, if I see one doing something I consider to be disrespectful I will have to call it to attention.

I have tickets to the FedEx Forum too. I'm looking forward to that.

debtdbruno
05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
wow that is a bummer , i hope that both you and your mom can make it another time . I went with my mom back in 87 and we had a great time , as it was my mom who first got me onto ELVIS .

we went in Jan 2010 for his 75th Birthday.......it was -16 then:blink::blink:.....one extreme to another

KPM
05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
I was going with my Mum, unfortunately i had to make the decision not to go.......
I found out it 'could' get upto 115, and she would not cope with the possibility of it going that high.
Bought the VIP tickets, all access pass, hotel, flights, and car hire.......gutted
Well as the date draws near perhaps the weather will cooperate and you could still go....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your mom.
The weather in the midwest can change on a dime-last Memorial weekend near St Louis it was 97 Sat/Sunday and on Monday 96 with high humidity.
Today the high is expected to be 62, tomorrow 64 so you might get a nice week for the trip in August.

debtdbruno
05-31-2012, 05:54 PM
too late Ken, cancelled the flights, car and the hotel.........

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 06:22 PM

That's to bad. Maybe next year...fingers crossed.

KPM
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Well it could be for the best if the weather ends up being as hot as you heard. Sorry for your disappointment.

Tommy
05-31-2012, 06:44 PM
It is always very hot and sultry there in August.

debtdbruno
05-31-2012, 09:53 PM
yeh, my fault. I 'thought', (being the operative word), that it would be 90 (ish).....never mind, Graceland isn't going anywhere....lol

Polk-Salad-Annie
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I am going to the Elvis Week.
The last time that i was there was in 2010.
But 2010 was for me and my wife a bad Elvis Week.
That time i did spend a week in a hospitel.
So i hope that 2012 will go better.

Snake Eyes
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
And here I was thinking 28 was hot :lol: that's celcius btw

debtdbruno
06-25-2012, 09:46 PM
well, well, well.......lol
I'm going now:clap::clap::clap:

rebooked everything, going 10th-19th. Yippeeeeeeee

Snake Eyes
06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
well, well, well.......lol
I'm going now:clap::clap::clap:

rebooked everything, going 10th-19th. Yippeeeeeeee

Amen lol, very happy for you, you jammy moo :clap:

JRtherealJR
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
i hate all the impersonator crap , especially when they gather at meditation gardens and sing- just deplorable.

Did you actually witness this happening?