PDA

View Full Version : Here we go aagain. Womack accuses Elvis of stealing

vivaelvis
05-27-2012, 04:52 PM
He also claims he played on Suspicious Minds when he never did.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/womack-presley-stole-everything-553090.html

Personally, I am so tired of this crap. :mad: It seems the easy thing for blacks to do is point fingers instead of giving credit where it's due. Before Elvis, blacks didn't even have a voice in popular music because it was segregated. They should all be thanking him for breaking down racial barriers instead of attacking him and using him as some scapegoat to the past. Truth be told, they're jealous. Plain and simple.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but the facts speak for themselves.

King Of The Whole World
05-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I hate reading stuff like that it gets me so p'ed-off. I can't stand all of this stuff he "stole" music, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Yeah so this no talent guy was going to record Teddy Bear, All Shook Up...ect. This guy is just a no-talent, mad at the world, never made it anywhere kind of guy. People get jealous of success. They see someone who has it all and they wish they had a tenth of the talent, looks and charisma.

This guy and anybody else that is jealous of Elvis needs to read The Penalty of Leadership that sounds like it was written about Elvis.

Whatsoever you write, or paint, or play, or sing, or build, no one will strive to surpass or to slander you, unless your work be stamped with the seal of genius.

Long, long after a great work or a good work has been done, those who are disappointed or envious continue to cry out that it cannot be done.

When a man’s work becomes a standard for the whole world, it also becomes a target for the shafts of the envious few.

Multitudes flocked to worship at the shrine of Wagner, while the little group of those whom he had dethroned and displaced argued angrily that he was no musician at all. Maybe the best line for this article because it is so true.

The Man Who Counts This is a nice speech that Elvis loved too. It says a lot to the critics.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man tumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust, sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry for the rant but this stuff really makes me mad.

JRtherealJR
05-27-2012, 05:58 PM
When people repeat the lie that Elvis "stole" black music. I just ask them if they also believe that Nat King Cole stole white music.

This shuts them up straight away.

Even after all these years, people cannot understand that Elvis' music sounded like NOTHING ELSE! The black music at the time was the blues. The white music was country. And then there was Elvis' music. Next time you hear someone say this, just ask them which black singer Elvis stole Love Me Tender from.

vivaelvis
05-27-2012, 06:59 PM
KingOfTheWholeWideWorld and JRtherealJR, two excellent posts!(y)(y)

I have listened to Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Ray Charles and all three were brilliant at what they did. However their styles were all the same while Elvis added much more flare and rhythm to his recordings. As good as Maybelline is, Good Rockin' Tonight is even better and more of a masterpiece because of the performance itself.

vivaelvis
05-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Here's a video of him and other black entertainers crediting Elvis and at the 4:00 minute mark Bobby sings a much different tune about Elvis. Practically calls him a hero. :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y9MoPWJ-1-0

debtdbruno
05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I think it was ascertained that he wasn't in Memphis anywhere near the time Elvis recorded Suspicious Minds

Raised on Rock
05-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Don't want to be mean, but? shouldn't they search for brain cancer instead?

The guy:

A) He did was an on and off member of Chips Moman American Studios session band, but it is well know which was the line up for each Elvis session there in Jan & Feb 1969 and no, Womack never ever played there. And now he claims that from all records Elvis did there, he actually played on the biggest hit out of those sessions? That was Mr. Reggie Young who was playig by the way the old Scotty Moore guitar used back in the Sun Records days which he gave it as a present to Chips Moman.

B) And no, he didn't wrote Jagger/Richards "The Last Time". The Stones covered "Its All Over Now", a song Womack wrote and here is he story:

Years later, Bobby Womack said in an interview that he had told his manager he did not want the Rolling Stones to record their version of the song, and that he had told Mick Jagger to get his own song. His manager convinced him to let the Rolling Stones record the song. Six months later on receiving the royalty check for the song he told his manager that Mick Jagger could have any song he wanted.

True that "The Last Time" was based in and old gospel tune by the Staple Singers, and it should have been more like (Trad. Arraned by Jagger/Richards) but Womack had anything to do either with the Staple Singers song or with The Stones rewriting of it.

So talking about stealing credit? Mr. Womack its just angry cause despite being a great great talent, he was never able to get it together and make it on his own, and Sir, that had anything to do with skin color (ask Aretha, Sam, Nat, B.B. or Ray).

So talking about never growin up, dude, get old with dignity and stop embarracing youself, you are a very respected musician anyhow...

You are BOBBY WOMACK man!!! How and who is stoping you for making it big during the last 10 years? only you and your stupid regrets. It was his choise to bet it safe as a session guy most of the time, and now he blames Elvis and Mick Jagger? get lost man.

vivaelvis
05-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't want to be mean, but? shouldn't they search for brain cancer instead?

The guy

A) He did was an on and off member of Chips Moman American Studios session band, but it is well know which was the line up for each Elvis session there in Jan & Feb 1969 and no, Womack never ever played there. And now he claims that from all records Elvis did there, he actually played on the biggest hit out of those sessions? That was Mr. Reggie Young who was playig by the way the old Scotty Moore guitar used back in the Sun Records days which he gave it as a present to Chips Moman.

B) And no, he didn't wrote Jagger/Richards "The Last Time". The Stones covered "Its All Over Now", a song Womack wrote and here is he story:

Years later, Bobby Womack said in an interview that he had told his manager he did not want the Rolling Stones to record their version of the song, and that he had told Mick Jagger to get his own song. His manager convinced him to let the Rolling Stones record the song. Six months later on receiving the royalty check for the song he told his manager that Mick Jagger could have any song he wanted.

True that "The Last Time" was based in and old gospel tune by the Staple Singers, and it should have been more like (Trad. Arraned by Jagger/Richards) but Womack had anything to do either with the Staple Singers song or with The Stones rewriting of it.

So talking about stealing credit? Mr. Womack its just angry cause despite being a great great talent, he was never able to get it together and make it on his own, and Sir, that had anything to do with skin color (ask Aretha, Sam, Nat, B.B. or Ray).

So talking about never growin up, dude, get old with dignity and stop embarracing youself, you are a very respected musician anyhow...

Your BOBBY WOMACK man!!! How is stoping you for making it big during the last 10 years? only you and your stupid regrets. It was his choise to bet it safe as a session guy most of the time, and now he blames Elvis and Mick Jagger? get lost man.

There's a saying...when the checks stop flowing in people do and say the dumbest things to gain notice. I guess that's what he's doing as nobody today really knows nor cares who he is. Gotta slam an innocent dead man who's an easy target to gain attention so that people know you're still breathing.

Btw, here's the official lineup of actual musicians on Suspicious Minds.

Musicians:
Elvis Presley: lead vocal
Reggie Young: guitar
Bobby Wood: piano
Bobby Emmons: organ
Mike Leech: bass guitar
Gene Chrisman: drums
Glen Spreen: conductor, viola
Albert Edelman, Edward Freudberg, Noel Gilbert, Gloria Hendricks, Anna Oldham, Nino Ravarino, Hal Saunders, Mary Snyder, Robert Snyder, Vernon Taylor, John Whelan: violin
Anne Kendall, Peter Spurbreck: cello
Norman Prentice, Bobby Shew, Art Vasquez: trumpet
Johnny Boicie, Archie LeCroque: trombone
Kenneth Adkins: bass trombone
Jeannie Green, Ginger Holladay, Mary Holladay, Susan Pilkington, Donna Thatcher: backing vocals
Released: August 26, 1969

King Of The Whole World
05-27-2012, 07:51 PM
I forgot about the Elvis Lives Show, boy how time flys. Yes he sure did sing a different tune then, he wanted to be on t.v. I guess.

vivaelvis
05-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I forgot about the Elvis Lives Show, boy how time flys. Yes he sure did sing a different tune then, he wanted to be on t.v. I guess.
:lol: That's about the only way he could get on TV.

Snake Eyes
05-27-2012, 08:19 PM
What a surprise, Mr Womack has an album due for release 11th June 2012. I won't be buying it.

Raised on Rock
05-27-2012, 08:23 PM
When people repeat the lie that Elvis "stole" black music. I just ask them if they also believe that Nat King Cole stole white music.

This shuts them up straight away.

Yeah! that's a good one! you can add Ray Charles country affairs to that.

I guess people can't understand the difference between influence and stealing.

Raised on Rock
05-27-2012, 08:26 PM
What a surprise, Mr Womack has an album due for release 11th June 2012. I won't be buying it.

So sad he had to go for cheap shots like this to get notice, he is a brillant and well respected musician on his own and does has his secure place in music history.

Snake Eyes
05-27-2012, 08:49 PM
So sad he had to go for cheap shots like this to get notice, he is a brillant and well respected musician on his own and does has his secure place in music history.

Unfortunately it's the way of the world today, most artists just can't let their music do the talking, they have to court controversy just to get attention. I bet his new album is mediocre, no style or substance.

KPM
05-27-2012, 10:01 PM
KingOfTheWholeWideWorld and JRtherealJR, two excellent posts!(y)(y)

I have listened to Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Ray Charles and all three were brilliant at what they did. However their styles were all the same while Elvis added much more flare and rhythm to his recordings. As good as Maybelline is, Good Rockin' Tonight is even better and more of a masterpiece because of the performance itself.
They were one of a kind artists-and all were doing what Elvis did-combining styles they had heard all their lives, pop, gospel, country and blues to make a new music-but they are allowed the idea of being influenced-and Elvis supposedly stole ( in somes minds).....double standard.
Maybelline is an example of how some things seem to be overlooked by those who make these claims-"Maybelline" is very very similar to an old country fiddle tune called "Ida Red" by Bob Wills........ but no one has ever said Chuck stole this country song and made his first big hit-if they even admit the very close sound of the to-they say he adapted it.
But Elvis is claimed, falsely, to out and out steal his style??? Not fair....but some people do not want the they want the explaination that fits their attitudes.

KPM
05-27-2012, 10:03 PM
It is definitely a cheap shot-and it sounds so bitter.

Raised on Rock
05-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I forgot about the Elvis Lives Show, boy how time flys. .

Yes I forgot about that one. I think its was a good one for sure. The only thing wrong with it is Chris Issal doing those ridiculous Elvis cliché moves, its embarrasing man!!!

Raised on Rock
05-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Maybelline is an example of how some things seem to be overlooked by those who make these claims-"Maybelline" is very very similar to an old country fiddle tune called "Ida Red" by Bob Wills........ but no one has ever said Chuck stole this country song and made his first big hit-if they even admit the very close sound of the to-they say he adapted it.
But Elvis is claimed, falsely, to out and out steal his style??? Not fair....but some people do not want the they want the explaination that fits their attitudes.

Chuck Berry, ten years older than Elvis, who since the mid 40's to early 50's had worked in clubs playing Blues an R&B but without achieving a sound of his own, record companies rejected him as nobody wanted another T-Bone Walker. And then suddenly, and in order to get some attention, here is in Berry's own words: "Curiosity provoked me to lay a lot of our country stuff on our predominantly black audience and some of our black audience began whispering 'who is that black hillbilly at the Cosmo?' After they laughed at me a few times they began requesting the hillbilly stuff and enjoyed dancing to it."

At the same time a young cat from Memphis in the Sun Records label under the weird name of Elvis was getting extremely popular among teenagers with his blending of white and black styles plus a unique high octane raw energy of his. When Berry met Leonard Chess, -and that was months AFTER ELVIS PRESLEY HAD RECORDED AND RELEASED HIS THIRD SUN SINGLE- and showed him his blues licks, Mr. Chess was not impresed at all and was about to kick Berry out of the studio until Berry tried his Ida Reed, instantly, Mr. Chess knew he had an answer to Sam Philips rising star in Memphis who was getting more popular than old Muddy Waters or any other Chess star among young black people in the south, or particulary among teenagers anywhere in the States.

The thing is, Sun Records was a small label that wasn't able to even distribute his stuff in the whole U.S.A. needless to say to go international, while Chess was a solid label. If Elvis Sun Singles didn't went top ten at Billboards was only because of Sun Records lack of distribution and promotion deals, that's why both: Elvis needed RCA, and Sam needed to sell Elvis for the benefit of the Sun label. On the other hand, as soon as Berry's Maybellene was released early '55, became and inmediate national #5 hit. Elvis first national/international hit became like year latter when he moved to RCA and Hearbreak Hotel was released.

So in most parts of the U.S as well as in international territory, Chuck Berry was first (and his rock and roll sound was 100% black, yeah right), then came Elvis copying him like half a year latter, big lol right?

Now here's a beauty, how many Black stars does aknowledge the influence white country/bluegrass/folk music had on african american Blues music? as Blues is not african but african american form of music right? Or the infuence of other kinds of "white music" on Jazz music?

We know though that Elvis is on record aknowledgin the blues and the black sounds as a huge influence on his music, and he always made sure the names of Arthur Crudup or Junior Parked or Chuck Berry were in the credits so...

King Of The Whole World
05-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes I forgot about that one. I think its was a good one for sure. The only thing wrong with it is Chris Issal doing those ridiculous Elvis cliché moves, its embarrasing man!!!

I agree. I have to admit I can do without all the people covering Elvis songs. The only one that I thought was ok was No Doubt with Suspicious Minds.

You know what is funny with these kind of shows is that they will interview the popular artist of "today" and most of them are not even around anymore 12 years later. Except one person and that’s Elvis. That's what makes Elvis so unique.

debtdbruno
05-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Fine Young Cannibals did a decent rendition of Suspicious minds

Raised on Rock
05-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Fine Young Cannibals did a decent rendition of Suspicious minds

Well my personal favourite tribute to that song would always be The Flaming Lips version of it, but that's only cause I'm a big Flaming Lips fan

http://youtu.be/d3hFrGjcDGQ

I agree. I have to admit I can do without all the people covering Elvis songs. The only one that I thought was ok was No Doubt with Suspicious Minds.

You know what is funny with these kind of shows is that they will interview the popular artist of "today" and most of them are not even around anymore 12 years later. Except one person and that’s Elvis. That's what makes Elvis so unique.

Well I didn't mind those, Dave Matthews Stuck on You was good to me, and Nora Jones was so classy! that Telecaster solo was beautiful to me. But Chris Issak on black leather doing those clichés, man I kind of felt what maybe Elvis felt when he shoot at tje TV screen when Robert Goulet was there. I actually like some of Issak records, but please man, don't try that path again! lol

Back on Womack, didn't he knew about something called internet, you can't make those lies this days and think anyone is going to just take it. He played on Suspicious Minds and wrote Last Time? yeah right, he also played lead on Mystery Train back in Sun records for both Elvis and Junior Parker, and he also wrote Satisfaction and Paint it Black right? hell he produced The Beatles first album too right? and James Brown stole his dance steps from him.

FLASHBOY40
05-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Not Again .....so tired of that Elvis stole black come on.....Move on Presley din't stole nothing
Mr Womack needs publicity his records not doing to well i guess

KPM
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
In his scholarly work Race, Rock, and Elvis,Tennessee State University professor Michael T. Bertrand examined the relationship between popular culture and social change in America and these allegations against Presley. Professor Bertrand postulated that Presley's rock and roll music brought an unprecedented access to African American culture that challenged the 1950s segregated generation to reassess ingrained segregationist stereotypes. The American Historical Review wrote that the author "convincingly argues that the black-and-white character of the sound, as well as Presley's own persona, helped to relax the rigid color line and thereby fed the fires of the civil rights movement." The U.S. government report stated: "Presley has been accused of "stealing" black rhythm and blues, but such accusations indicate little knowledge of his many musical influences." "However much Elvis may have 'borrowed' from black blues performers (e.g., 'Big Boy' Crudup, 'Big Mama' Thornton), he borrowed no less from white country stars (e.g., Ernest Tubb, Bill Monroe) and white pop singers," and most of his borrowings came from the church; its gospel music was his primary musical influence and foundation."

vivaelvis
05-31-2012, 01:33 AM
This doesn't help the bigotry argument that Elvis stole black music when he copied The Coasters version of Little Egypt word for word, style for style. But, I actually enjoy their version over Elvis'. His was watered down a bit. Still both are great and classic!(y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykBuMxr5EJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KC-WbnC0hg

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 01:51 AM
I like the Coasters video better. :goggles:

vivaelvis
05-31-2012, 01:59 AM
I like the Coasters video better. :goggles:

Me too! (y) Nothing against Elvis.

King Of The Whole World
05-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Me too! (y) Nothing against Elvis.

I'm talking about the video.....

Snake Eyes
05-31-2012, 11:52 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KPM
05-31-2012, 03:51 PM
If Elvis liked a song "the way it was done by the original artist" thats the way he did them-not just black artists records-but any artists records.
None of the country, gospel or pop artists have ever had the "stole" argument about him.

KPM
05-31-2012, 03:52 PM
:D:lol::D It is a better video.

KPM
05-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Actually this argument "Elvis stole from black artists" has been investigated by black writers back to 57s Jet magazine by journalists and others since it first "falsely was begun"
There has never been one serious minded individual who after exploring the facts "with an open mind and no ax to grind" has not concluded it is baseless and false.
It is born, and perpetuated, by one sided thinking with no real investigation and no belief in any facts that show Elvis was not prejudiced or that he acknowledged his black influences and all his influences.....as Professor Bertrand showed in his book.... Elvis was influnced just as much from country, pop, with a slight edge to gospel music among the 4 basic music Elvis loved.
It amounts to some want to believe the myth.....because it fits their view of everything.

janice mcclelland
05-31-2012, 06:48 PM
:angry:Try and post a comment...they delete it!

Tommy
05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
:angry:Try and post a comment...they delete it!

Where, no one deleted your comment. (y) I am so sorry if you think so.

KPM
05-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Heres a very lenghty article that gives many great comments and photos concerning Elvis and race, pretty much destroys the myth:
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvis_not_racist.shtml

KPM
05-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Heres another great link to tear down the myth, Snopes, which gets to the bottom of rumors and accusations of all kinds...they also hae a lengthy article showing Elvis was not a rascist and had the greatest respect for all people:
http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/presley1.asp

rocknroll
05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
This doesn't help the bigotry argument that Elvis stole black music when he copied The Coasters version of Little Egypt word for word, style for style. But, I actually enjoy their version over Elvis'. His was watered down a bit. Still both are great and classic!(y)

Many times Elvis copied a record or demo note for note, style for style, word for word whether it was a black or white artist. It's called being lazy, not stealing.

KPM
05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Many times Elvis copied a record or demo note for note, style for style, word for word whether it was a black or white artist. It's called being lazy, not stealing.
Yes many of the demos were actually sung in Elvis style to give Elvis a better idea of how he might sound doing the song.
PJ Proby comes to mind as one who says he was used many times for Elvis demos because he did sing like Elvis.
Otis Blackwell I believe also would sing in Elvis style to give Elvis an idea of how he might sound in recording the song.
Kind of a Catch 22.

janice mcclelland
06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Where, no one deleted your comment. (y) I am so sorry if you think so.

I was referring to the article and the link,I tried to post a comment there and they removed it!:hmm:

Tommy
06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I was referring to the article and the link,I tried to post a comment there and they removed it!:hmm:

I am so sorry, weird.

KPM
06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
The unpleasant aspect of this is that Elvis never once dissed any black artist in his entire career-he never once claimed,
"I solely created the rock and roll sound, I am totally responsible"
He always acknowledged his roots, heros, and influences and all that is lost in the rush to believe the worst.

vivaelvis
06-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Here's a very insightful write up from 1950's dis jockey Red Robinson on his take on Elvis being considered a racist. One part in particular points right to the point and the fact. How could he be when he did this at that time?

“"Take a look at the things that are only publicized now, of how he’d be driving down the street and see a destitute black woman with a little child. He went and bought her a Cadillac. Now if this guy hated blacks, he wouldn’t even have gone near them."

It also talks about Jimmy Hendrix seeing Elvis live in 1957 in Seattle and how it influenced him.

http://www.elvis-history-blog.com/civil-rights.html

Snake Eyes
06-02-2012, 07:11 PM
The problem is, is that this completely unjustifiable rumour will always be held as gospel by some. However, the truth is out there for everyone to see. It should matter that everyone knows the truth, but even when it's staring someone straight in the eye, they will still believe what they want. When people really open their eyes, they really do see.

KPM
06-03-2012, 07:01 PM
The problem is, is that this completely unjustifiable rumour will always be held as gospel by some. However, the truth is out there for everyone to see. It should matter that everyone knows the truth, but even when it's staring someone straight in the eye, they will still believe what they want. When people really open their eyes, they really do see.
I have spoke and debated many young African Americans people on this issue-and 95% of those I have spoke of or debated just will not see the truth.
Every quote by people like Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Eddie Murphy, Little Richard, BB King etc....are called made up or lies.
Post a link to a clip of these great people actually saying them and the reply is-
"SO what do they know!" or
" they were probably paid to say this s***" (that is an actual quote from a kid at Topix)
They just can not fathom that they might be wrong no matter the evidence to show they are.

KPM
06-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we could someday, somehow get beyond all discrimination and reverse discrimination that keeps prejuduces living and breathing in the world?

Snake Eyes
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I have spoke and debated many young African Americans people on this issue-and 95% of those I have spoke of or debated just will not see the truth.
Every quote by people like Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Eddie Murphy, Little Richard, BB King etc....are called made up or lies.
Post a link to a clip of these great people actually saying them and the reply is-
" they were probably paid to say this s***" (that is an actual quote from a kid at Topix)
They just can not fathom that they might be wrong no matter the evidence to show they are.

Therein lies the problem, deep rooted beliefs are the hardest to shake off. You can only try and open peoples minds, the rest is up to them. We cannot force an opinion, so if people wish to remain ignorant to facts, so be it. Some people are just so stupid.........:blink:

Snake Eyes
06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we could someday, somehow get beyond all discrimination and reverse discrimination that keeps prejuduces living and breathing in the world?

That's crazy talk Ken :lol:

If I can dream of a better land, where all my brothers walk hand in hand.......

KPM
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
That's crazy talk Ken :lol:

If I can dream of a better land, where all my brothers walk hand in hand.......
Maybe it is-one of Elvis's nicknames was "CRAZY" so maybe it is crazy talk;):P

Raised on Rock
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
... reverse discrimination that keeps prejuduces living and breathing in the world?

That's the name of this matter Ken. Its basically reverse racism.

JRtherealJR
06-05-2012, 05:03 PM

You're doing good work, but instead of posting clips about what other people have said about Elvis, just post a clip which shows Elvis on stage with the Sweets. Any clip will do, and it will be the simplest but strongest counter to their erroneous beliefs!

Anecdotes from third parties or tributes from other stars are fine, but people who choose to believe Elvis was in some way rascist will always find ways to discount them.

How will they react when they see with their own eyes a "rascist" who has hand-picked a black backing group to share the stage with him!

King Of The Whole World
06-05-2012, 08:42 PM
This article was online today and if you read the comments below, ELVIS STOLE MUSIC. It will never end, people are jealous of him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/elvis-presley-grunt-groin-act-milton-bearle-show-lady-gaga-esque-act-1950s-article-1.1090134

Snake Eyes
06-05-2012, 09:06 PM
This article was online today and if you read the comments below, ELVIS STOLE MUSIC. It will never end, people are jealous of him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/elvis-presley-grunt-groin-act-milton-bearle-show-lady-gaga-esque-act-1950s-article-1.1090134

Of course people are jealous of him, it's Elvis. They all know the truth, but the truth hurts ;)

KPM
06-05-2012, 10:22 PM
You're doing good work, but instead of posting clips about what other people have said about Elvis, just post a clip which shows Elvis on stage with the Sweets. Any clip will do, and it will be the simplest but strongest counter to their erroneous beliefs!

Anecdotes from third parties or tributes from other stars are fine, but people who choose to believe Elvis was in some way rascist will always find ways to discount them.

How will they react when they see with their own eyes a "rascist" who has hand-picked a black backing group to share the stage with him!
I actually did do that-and it was no different response...some people just will not believe that Elvis was not racist.
I have been cussed on line for telling the truth about this topic.

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Racism works both ways, just because you are black doesn't mean you have the right to call someone a racist based on hearsay and half truths perpetuated from a lie. You either like Elvis or you don't! Colour shouldn't even come into the equation. If you like Elvis you will investigate the truth to clear his name. If you DON'T like Elvis you will NOT look to clear his name and you will perpetuate the myth.

There are so many instances to show Elvis was colour neutral that it just doesn't have any credence in calling him racist.