PDA

View Full Version : Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Opening of the USS Arizona Memorial

Elvis.com
05-25-2012, 09:00 PM
To commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the USS Arizona Memorial's opening on Memorial Day, WWII Valor in the Pacific National Monument will be hosting a number of special events and Elvis.com is now featuring a photo gallery and video of Elvis' 1961 benefit concert for the memorial. Special even...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6357)

debtdbruno
05-26-2012, 01:32 PM
shame, this will be gone before I go there (October)

Joe Car
05-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Just wondering, has Elvis' plaque that he was honored with for his major contribution to the USS Arizona, been put back? A few years ago it was removed by a certain senator or somebody from Hawaii, who didn't approve of Elvis' lifestyle or something of that nature.

King Of The Whole World
05-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Just wondering, has Elvis' plaque that he was honored with for his major contribution to the USS Arizona, been put back? A few years ago it was removed by a certain senator or somebody from Hawaii, who didn't approve of Elvis' lifestyle or something of that nature.

I was there a year ago and it was not there. At least I didn't see it, I looked everywhere. It’s a shame. They sure don't mind making money off Elvis there selling the commemorative shirts though. (Which I bought a couple) They will take down the plaque but they won't remove him when it comes to making money.

All that being said it did not ruin the experience of going to Pearl Harbor, I would go again but I would just like to see Elvis' name with all of the other people who contributed to the fund.

debtdbruno
05-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I thought the plaque was removed when the park changed hands?.......