PDA

View Full Version : June FTD Announcement

Jungleroom76
05-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Just found this information on ElvisMatters.com about the newly announced FTD releases for June:

G.I. BLUES (7-inch "Classic Albums" release) - In the classic album series, it is now time for the first volume of G.I. BLUES material. As always in a 7” inch digi pack format with booklet. However, this time without the In-and-Outtakes section, which will be featured in Volume 2, in order to summarize all the G.I. BLUES recordings. A lot of effort (and money) has gone into making these the best sounding G.I. BLUES recordings ever.

FROM HAWAII TO LAS VEGAS (5-inch digi-pak release) - The new 5” digi pack release, FROM HAWAII TO LAS VEGAS, is a cassette recording of Elvis’ January 25 dress rehearsal for his January/February 1973 season at The Las Vegas Hilton. The rough audio quality is more than compensated by the fascinating insight into how Elvis worked in order to create his shows. With little talk, and a lot of music, we are invited to a first row presentation of what he had in mind, and yet he decided to change the repertoire the next day. Among the many songs is “Separate Ways” – rehearsed with and without the orchestra - a song that Elvis chose to never perform in public.

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS (2-LP vinyl release) - FTD vinyl is pleased to announce the release of this special 2-disc 180-gram vinyl set.

FROM MEMPHIS TO HOLLYWOOD (book/CD release) - Hot on the heels of WELCOME HOME ELVIS comes its sequel, another Flaming Star production written by David English, which brings Elvis from Memphis back to the movie making business in Hollywood, and the actual production of G.I. BLUES. As with WELCOME HOME ELVIS the book features an album – this time not surprising the newly found original mono LP master for G.I. BLUES. As with its predecessor, the book is filled to the brim with great, rare and informative photos and documents.

It certainly seems like FTD is on a roll these days, which is a good thing for fans because we get all these great new releases...but bad news for my wallet... :doh:

The FROM HAWAII TO LAS VEGAS release sounds especially intriguing with the concert rehearsal of SEPARATE WAYS!! I don't ever recall this source tape being mentioned as possibly out there... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

ThreeCornPatches
05-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Only 1 song was released, I'm Leaving It Up To You (Which was on the Stage Rehearsal CD) And Faded Love was known to exist futher there was nothing known about it till now.

Raised on Rock
05-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Great news indeed! no I don't think the Jan/Feb '73 rehearsal has ever been mentioned, not even on http://www.keithflynn.com

Love the vinyl release of TTWII although this time my money is going straight for the Sun Box Set, I'll catch up with TTWII and maybe the rehearsal (if it has good fan reviews) for Christmas. The book as same as the Welcome Home Elvis looks great but hey I'm not rich!!!

About those mono mixes, I hope one day FTD puts a set of original mono mixes, like the ones that really had something different on it and not just a mixdown.

Well always good news huh?

P.S. Too bad still we haven't heard anything about Elvis On Tour or the MSG album.

ThreeCornPatches
05-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Great news indeed! no I don't think the Jan/Feb '73 rehearsal has ever been mentioned, not even on http://www.keithflynn.com

Love the vinyl release of TTWII although this time my money is going straight for the Sun Box Set, I'll catch up with TTWII and maybe the rehearsal (if it has good fan reviews) for Christmas. The book as same as the Welcome Home Elvis looks great but hey I'm not rich!!!

About those mono mixes, I hope one day FTD puts a set of original mono mixes, like the ones that really had something different on it and not just a mixdown.

Well always good news huh?

P.S. Too bad still we haven't heard anything about Elvis On Tour or the MSG album.

If u go to Keith flynn's website To Essential Elvis, And to Rehearsals 1973, U see that this date is mentioned with only I'm Leaving It Up To You released

ThreeCornPatches
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Tracklist released by Elvismatters.

“FROM HAWAII TO LAS VEGAS” - The January 25, 1973 rehearsal (FTD 112): 1) Something 2) You Gave Me A Mountain 3) Steamroller Blues 4) My Way 5) Love Me 6) It’s Over 7) Blue Suede Shoes, I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry 9) Welcome To My World 10) I’ll Remember You 11) Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On 12) An American Trilogy 13) A Big Hunk O’ Love 14) I’m Leavin’ It All Up To You 15) Faded Love 16) I Can’t Stop Loving You 17) Separate Ways – with band 18) Separate Ways – with band and orchestra 19) Bridge Over Troubled Water 20) Can’t Help Falling In Love - incomplete

debtdbruno
05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
yep, the 73 rehearsal cd is for me........

agree R on R......shame there is no announcement about On tour

Jungleroom76
05-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Just found this information on Elvis Australia! :D

G.I. BLUES VOLUME 1 - Tracklisting

Disc 1 The Original Album Side 1
Tonight's All Right For Love 2:15
What's She Really Like 2:19
Frankfort Special 2:57
Wooden Heart 2:05
G.I. Blues 2:41

The Original Album Side 2
Pocketful Of Rainbows 2:36
Shoppin' Around 2:24
Big Boots 1:33
Didja' Ever 2:38
Blue Suede Shoes 2:08
Doin' The Best I Can 3:16
Tonight's All Right For Love 1:26 [Alternate Song]

Disc 2
Bonus Songs
Shoppin' Around (version #1) 2:17
Frankfort Special (fast version) 2:19 15) Big Boots (fast version) 1:22
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, take 12) 2:26
Big Boots (medium tempo version) 1:04
Tonight Is So Right For Love (Barcarolle from 'The Tales Of Hoffman', instrumental) 2:18

First Takes
Tonight Is So Right For Love (takes 1-2) 3:07
What's She Really Like (takes 1-5) 6:25
Frankfort Special (fast version takes 1-2) 3:48
Wooden Heart (take 1) 2:13 23) G.I.Blues (take 1) 2:57
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, takes 1-2) 4:52
Shoppin' Around (version #1, take 1) 2:34
Big Boots (fast version, takes 1-2) 1:48
Big Boots (slow version, take 1) 1:39
Didja' Ever (take 1) 2:59
Tonight's All Right For Love (take 1) 1:24
Doin' The Best I Can (takes 1-3) 5:11

April 27-28 Sessions
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, take 3) 2:43
Shoppin' Around (instrumental take 4) 1:46
Shoppin' Around (version #1, takes 2-4) 3:20
Shoppin' Around (version #1, take 5) 2:26
Doin' The Best I Can (takes 4-7) 2:23
Doin' The Best I Can (takes 8-9) 3:44
G.I. Blues (takes 2-4) 3:45
G.I. Blues (take 5) 2:43
Tonight Is So Right For Love (take 3)
Tonight Is So Right For Love (take 4) 2:36
Tonight Is So Right For Love (takes 5-7) 5:28
Frankfort Special (fast version, takes 3-7) 6:51
Frankfort Special (fast version, take 8) 2:42
Big Boots (fast version, take 3) 1:36
Big Boots (fast version, take 4) 1:41
Big Boots (slow version, takes 2-3) 2:26
What's She Really Like (takes 6-7) 3:32
What's She Really Like (takes 8-11) 6:10
What's She Really Like (takes 12-13) 3:02
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, takes 4-7) 5:36
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, take 8) 2:51
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, take 9) 2:49
Pocketful Of Rainbows (version #1, take 10) 2:48
Wooden Heart (takes 2-4M) 3:53

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS (2-LP SET) - Tracklisting

Side 1
I Just Can't Help Believin' (MGM rehearsal) 6.08 (Barry Mann/Cynthia Weill)
Twenty Days And Twenty Nights (take 8) 3.16 (Ben Weisman/Clive Westlake)
Patch It Up (live) 3.49 (Eddie Rabbitt/Rory Bourke)
Mary In The Morning (take 4) 4.16 (Johnny Cymbal/Michael Rashkow)
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (takes 1, 2) 3.12 (Wickham/Napier-Bell/Donaggio/Pallivicine)

Side 2
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling (stage rehearsal) 4.18 (Phil Spector/Cynthia Weill/Barry Mann)
I've Lost You (live) 3.16 (Ken Howard/Alan Blaikley)
Stranger In The Crowd (master take 9, rough mix) 4.31 (Winfield Scott)
The Next Step Is Love (live) 3.27 (Paul Evans/Paul Parnes)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (live) 4.13 (Paul Simon)

Side 3
Just Pretend (takes 1, 2) 4.46 (Doug Flett/Guy Fletcher)
How The Web Was Woven (master) 3.25 (Clive Westlake/David Most)
Patch It Up (alternate master take 9) 3.14 (Eddie Rabbitt/Rory Bourke)
Sweet Caroline (live) 2.43 (Neil Diamond)
Make The World Go Away (live) 3.21 (Hank Cochran)
The Wonder Of You (live) 2.39 (Baker Knight)

Side 4
Little Sister/Get Back (live) 3.09 (Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman) (John Lennon/Paul McCartney)
Something (live) 3.36 (George Harrison)
Patch It Up (take 1) 2.42 (Eddie Rabbitt/Rory Bourke)
The Next Step Is Love (takes 9, 10) 4.55 (Paul Evans/Paul Parnes)
I've Lost You (takes 4-6) 4.55 (Ken Howard/Alan Blaikley)

TCB!
Mike