PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie on American Idol

King Of The Whole World
05-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Lisa Marie will be on American Idol's result show with Adam Lambert. I don't know if she is singing a song with him or they are both singing separate songs. I assume she will perform on her own to promote her new album.

I will get my DVR ready for the next couple weeks. The second article is very interesting.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/story/2012-05-13/lisa-marie-presley-tour/54946376/1?loc=interstitialskip

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/story/2012-05-13/lisa-marie-presley-storm-and-grace/54946334/1

kathy parkinson
05-14-2012, 04:49 PM
I like the new Lisa, look forward to buying her album,and watching her on AI. Clearly living here in my country has mellowed her.

Diane
05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing both of them on Idol. I have Lisa's new album on order, should arrive tomorrow.

King Of The Whole World
05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Lisa was on Good Morning America today at Sun Studios. She performed one of her songs. The song is growing on me, I like the beat. I just hate to say I have a really hard time understanding what she is singing.

readyseve
05-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the info!

josephinebeau
05-16-2012, 12:09 AM
I have been to your country a few times myself and have to say it is my favorite, besides my own of course.:D

King Of The Whole World
05-16-2012, 12:45 AM
I have been to your country a few times myself and have to say it is my favorite, besides my own of course.:D

Thank you very much. I'm proud to be an American!

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/AmericanFlag.jpg

debtdbruno
05-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I wonder if we get this episode in the UK?.....I don't normally follow Idol (US or UK version)

vivaelvis
05-16-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm surprised that IDOL did not do an Elvis-theme week this year considering that this is the 35th anniversary year of his death? It's a shame too as Joshua Ledet would have done great justice to a mdoern day version of If I Can Dream and Jessica Sanchez would have owned Bridge Over Troubled Water. I would have loved to have also heard Phillip Phillips do something obscure like Gentle On My Mind as he never stays within a song's originality. If you have not heard Joshua and Jessica sing, then you have missed some AMAZING vocal talent. Both are throwbacks to the golden age of music. Something all three judges (Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler) have all said is missing in today's world of pop music. The good thing is that Jimmy (the IDOL mentor) is the guy who is going to be putting them out to the public once the show is over. He's already said that he's going to make sure they get the top producers and arrangers for them to shine.

Just to put them into perspective, Joshua Ledet has been compared to the likes of Marvin Gaye, Al Green, James Brown, Jackie Wilson, and Sam Cooke.

Jessica has been compared vocally to the likes of Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Etta James, and Tina Turner.

Those comparisons are fair too, once you have witnessed their charisma and talent. I'm willing to bet that had Elvis been alive today he would have been big fans of both as they are a rare sighting in today's music. I just hope they stay that way and true to their genre and don't sellout by trying to make more money by having rap artists on their albums.

As for Lisa, she will be performing by herself.

King Of The Whole World
05-16-2012, 07:20 PM
I wonder if we get this episode in the UK?.....I don't normally follow Idol (US or UK version)

I'm sure you will be able to watch on Youtube after a few days.

King Of The Whole World
05-16-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm surprised that IDOL did not do an Elvis-theme week this year considering that this is the 35th anniversary year of his death? It's a shame too as Joshua Ledet would have done great justice to a mdoern day version of If I Can Dream and Jessica Sanchez would have owned Bridge Over Troubled Water. I would have loved to have also heard Phillip Phillips do something obscure like Gentle On My Mind as he never stays within a song's originality. If you have not heard Joshua and Jessica sing, then you have missed some AMAZING vocal talent. Both are throwbacks to the golden age of music. Something all three judges (Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler) have all said is missing in today's world of pop music. The good thing is that Jimmy (the IDOL mentor) is the guy who is going to be putting them out to the public once the show is over. He's already said that he's going to make sure they get the top producers and arrangers for them to shine.

Just to put them into perspective, Joshua Ledet has been compared to the likes of Marvin Gaye, Al Green, James Brown, Jackie Wilson, and Sam Cooke.

Jessica has been compared vocally to the likes of Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Etta James, and Tina Turner.

Those comparisons are fair too, once you have witnessed their charisma and talent. I'm willing to bet that had Elvis been alive today he would have been big fans of both as they are a rare sighting in today's music. I just hope they stay that way and true to their genre and don't sellout by trying to make more money by having rap artists on their albums.

As for Lisa, she will be performing by herself.

I have not watched it much this year. I thought they did a few Elvis songs but I guess not. I do remember the guy with the spike hair, in his audition did a Elvis song. I can't remember which one. Maybe you remember.

vivaelvis
05-17-2012, 01:40 AM
I have not watched it much this year. I thought they did a few Elvis songs but I guess not. I do remember the guy with the spike hair, in his audition did a Elvis song. I can't remember which one. Maybe you remember.

Priscilla is in attendance. For those watching, she's on the front row behind Steven Tyler wearing a green blazer.

debtdbruno
05-17-2012, 05:39 PM
in the UK it's on tonight on ITV 2 (channel 118) from 7-9 pm.........

King Of The Whole World
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Her new song is growing on me (You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet). That title might be the future for her. I like it, blues sound with a beat.

I bought the deluxe album with her signature. It sure is a wild signature, you can't even read it. I hope it is her signature I know a lot of times an assistant will help sign things. I have looked at her signature on web sites and it looks the same.

Looking forward to seeing her on American Idol tonight.

kathy parkinson
05-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I have been to your country too,and i love it.

kathy parkinson
05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I have been to your country a few times myself and have to say it is my favorite, besides my own of course.:DI have been to your country too,and i love it.

vivaelvis
05-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Lisa Marie performed her new song You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet and honestly, I liked it. Her style was dark and Gothic, like a vampire, all dressed in black and a swamp setting with fog. She even got a standing ovation from the crowd and I just checked twitter and she's trending. Although, Michael Jackson fans are dissing her. I think it's funny how they refer to her as MJ's ex and not the daughter of the true and real King. Without Elvis there's would never have been Michael Jackson.

Side note: Priscilla was sitting right next to Simon Fuller, the top music mogul in the business who has been trying for years to get a hold of Graceland and Elvis' music catalog. Coincidence? :hmm:

King Of The Whole World
05-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Lisa Marie performed her new song You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet and honestly, I liked it. Her style was dark and Gothic, like a vampire, all dressed in black and a swamp setting with fog. She even got a standing ovation from the crowd and I just checked twitter and she's trending. Although, Michael Jackson fans are dissing her. I think it's funny how they refer to her as MJ's ex and not the daughter of the true and real King. Without Elvis there's would never have been Michael Jackson.

Side note: Priscilla was sitting right next to Simon Fuller, the top music mogul in the business who has been trying for years to get a hold of Graceland and Elvis' music catalog. Coincidence? :hmm:

I liked it too. I'm not usually on twitter but for what I saw people didn't like it they thought it was boring. I noticed her grandmother was there and crying.

hounddog
05-18-2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.gossipcop.com/lisa-marie-presley-american-idol-2012-video-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet-performance/

vivaelvis
05-18-2012, 03:05 AM
http://www.gossipcop.com/lisa-marie-presley-american-idol-2012-video-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet-performance/

Despite her dark style, she looked amazing tonight. Very young and vibrant compared to the past. Oh and she's had 4 kids!:supriced: