PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Declaration - "I Am An Elvis Fan"

Elvis.com
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., along with partners Sony Music/Legacy Recordings, Fan Mosaics and ShopElvis.com, have announced a 35th anniversary promotion that gives you, the Elvis fans around the world, an opportunity to declare your “fanship” in three different ways, all origi...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6300)

vivaelvis
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., along with partners Sony Music/Legacy Recordings, Fan Mosaics and ShopElvis.com, have announced a 35th anniversary promotion that gives you, the Elvis fans around the world, an opportunity to declare your “fanship” in three different ways, all origi...

More... (http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6300)

This is by far the lamest album project to date. A title like I AM AN ELVIS FAN is a joke and sounds like something RCA would have done in the 80's with Elvis Sings To Children. It also sounds like something that EPE would be involved with too. If this is the big planned release for the 35th then we can forget about anything POSITIVE or NEW to ever come out in our lifetime again.(n) I guess those On Tour tapes will eventually just rot away in the vaults since they have no desire whatsoever to ever release them.(n)(n) The crowd that those shows would appeal to is dying off.

Great job Sony. :angry:(n)(n):mad:

debtdbruno
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
they could have let us decide out own songs, not ones chosen for us

vivaelvis
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM
they could have let us decide out own songs, not ones chosen for us

I bet Ernst had a lot to do with that.

"Hey Ernst, which songs do you think are the best among the fans?"

King Of The Whole World
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I guess I just don't get it. This could just be a small step they are making this year not the biggest project, at least I hope not. I would have made a little bit more hip looking shirts it doesn't seem like a whole lot shaking, I mean thought went into that.

Nicole Presley
05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Even if we can´t decide from all songs, I wanna be a part of it.

poor boy
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Like the idea of the fans choosing the tracks which could make a very interesting album if they dont go for the obvious hits .This was done before in the 70s with the Elvis In Demand album and it sold very well but the title of the album is terrible . God come up with something better like Elvis In Demand . Maybe something like The Music Never Dies or The Magic Never Dies or anything except that title .

vivaelvis
05-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I want to add something on this subject. I used to work for a cd distribution company and I can assure you that it would be difficult for Sony to put together such a disc and release it in a 1 month time frame. We would receive truckloads of cds on wooden pallets with about 1-2,000 discs per pallet wrapped in bubble wrap. Then we would wait until we received the cover and booklets for the disc. Then we would take the discs and put the packages together and seal them up and send them out to the retailers. It took at least 2 weeks for this to all get done. No way can Sony get this together in that short amount of time. In other words, what I am getting at is this is a fixed promo to get fans to go out and buy yet another worthless release. Sony is hustling the fans and fooling them at the same time. I would bet that the list of songs set to be on the disc are already completed and printed ready to be shipped to warehouses for packing. And they make the fans believe otherwise that their votes for their favorite songs will be on it.

King Of The Whole World
05-02-2012, 02:37 AM
You might be right. They are creating the cover in that amount of time, I did load my picture for them to add. So they say they will show you later where your picture ended up on the artwork.

Nicole Presley
05-02-2012, 02:15 PM
I bet there will be so many pictures you won´t even recognize your own one. It will probably be so tiny.

King Of The Whole World
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I bet there will be so many pictures you won´t even recognize your own one. It will probably be so tiny.

They say it depends on how many photo's they get and what the size of the pictures will be. Plus once they put it together they are going to show where your picture is and zoomed in. But I'm sure it will be real small.

buttonhead
05-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Yep they will came out as itty witty bitty tiny winny picture, it looks to me...the pictures will be endup as Elvis face.. i did join yesterday, although to own your very own T Shirt of this ; it costs 19.99 plus shipping and handling ..

vivaelvis
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I can see them getting the pictures of fans to put on the album and claim your vote counted. That's easy for them opposed to have to come up with a setlist through total votes to decide which songs would be selected. That's already been decided and by Ernst. It's a lot like these reality music shows where viewers are told to vote to keep their favorites, but the public really has no say whatsoever. A record company will never put their fate in the hands of the public's biased views.

Jimmy1966
05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
best concept ablum in my view was the 1977 ELVIS IN DEMAND, Songs chosen by
O.E.P.F.C. Still 1 of my favourite albums.
I Dont this 1 will be as good, I wanted to see if 'The Sound Of Your Cry' was
in the list, It wasn't So No interest from me right there.

King Of The Whole World
05-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I guess we will see if it comes out as the 30 #1's CD. I hope not but then again it will be hard to tell if everyone voted for the obvious songs. What did you guys vote for? It was really difficult for me, it depends on my mood and at the time. My top 10 is always changing except for 1 or 2 songs.

vivaelvis
05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I didn't waste my time giving into this mind controlling scheme by EPE and Sony to even vote. It's already fixed to begin with (n)

Also, If I Can Dream is NOT a gospel song. It is political message song that was meant for a certain time.

King Of The Whole World
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I didn't waste my time giving into this mind controlling scheme by EPE and Sony to even vote. It's already fixed to begin with (n)

Also, If I Can Dream is NOT a gospel song. It is political message song that was meant for a certain time.

They might be trying to find out how many Elvis fans are even into seeing a new CD come out. It could be a way they want to see what songs would be really chosen for another album down the road. If there are only 1,000 people sending in their votes, they might be thinking Elvis is dying out and that nobody even cares anymore. EPE and Sony might think they need to really change their strategy.

vivaelvis
05-02-2012, 09:10 PM
They might be trying to find out how many Elvis fans are even into seeing a new CD come out. It could be a way they want to see what songs would be really chosen for another album down the road. If there are only 1,000 people sending in their votes, they might be thinking Elvis is dying out and that nobody even cares anymore. EPE and Sony might think they need to really change their strategy.

Very good point, but they should know by the money they make from ticket sales that Elvis is far from dying out. EPE is the stepchild of the Colonel. Money hungry.

King Of The Whole World
05-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Very good point, but they should know by the money they make from ticket sales that Elvis is far from dying out. EPE is the stepchild of the Colonel. Money hungry.

I always have good points. :lmfao: But there's probably a difference in the Elvis fans that buy all the concert tickets and knickknacks versus the fans who will buy CD's by Elvis. You could have someone who is not a big Elvis fan buy a CD but won’t buy the knickknacks. That’s what I think really happened with the 30 #1’s CD. I think people that are not big Elvis fans bought that plus the addition of the BIG Elvis fans created a number 1.

buttonhead
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I guess we will see if it comes out as the 30 #1's CD. I hope not but then again it will be hard to tell if everyone voted for the obvious songs. What did you guys vote for? It was really difficult for me, it depends on my mood and at the time. My top 10 is always changing except for 1 or 2 songs.

I vote the regular :D 'Always On My Mind' ' Swing Down The Chariot " or may be Suspicion and Suspicious Minds.... it was difficult to choose, and I think I had better choice in my head , oh well.. I think it would come out as the 30 # 1's CD ... but we will see.

King Of The Whole World
05-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I vote the regular :D 'Always On My Mind' ' Swing Down The Chariot " or may be Suspicion and Suspicious Minds.... it was difficult to choose, and I think I had better choice in my head , oh well.. I think it would come out as the 30 # 1's CD ... but we will see.

Yes I chose Suspicious Minds, Unchained Melody, How Great Thou Art, Polk Salad Annie and more I can't quite remember. I tried to pick the songs that were not on the 30 #1's CD but as you know with the song selection that was tough not to do.

poor boy
05-04-2012, 08:08 PM
This is such a con . The Elvis In Demand album of 1976 let fans pick their favourite songs full stop .They didnt have to pick from a pre-selected list . It is obvious why this was done . The tracks have already been selected , the album all ready to go and they can say these are the tracks the fans picked . The same old rehash of the same hits that everyone has in one form or another with a new cover . This album wont sell when anybody reads the track listing . Its just the greatest hits , Elvis 1s rereleased with a slight difference . I thought it was going to be a very different and exciting album when i saw the fans were going to choose . They would have picked lesser known gems for the non fan to hear not Hound Dog , Heartbreak Hotel , Suspicious Minds , Crying In The Chapel , Its Now Or Never for 100th time . A good idea wasted . I will not be buying it and i doubt many others will either . When are Sony going to realise that there is a recession on , fans are not going to go out spending their money on another greatest hits . They want something a bit original and if the fans wont even buy it how do they expect anyone else to .

King Of The Whole World
05-04-2012, 09:14 PM
If you go back to the site and look at what is been voted on, it is the 30 #1's songs. I agree if they would have all 750 songs to choose from then it would be a new CD.

Jungleroom76
05-07-2012, 12:12 AM
It certainly would have been much more interesting if the fans would have been able to choose from ALL of Elvis' songs instead of the ones that are pre-selected... :doh:

I agree that this is yet another idea which showed promise but ultimately failed...HOWEVER I will say that I like the mosaic idea that they have on the site. I realize the pictures that everyone sends in will be so small, they will be hard to distinguish, but still it's a different idea and one that incorporates the fans in a unique way. ;)

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
05-07-2012, 09:46 AM
It certainly would have been much more interesting if the fans would have been able to choose from ALL of Elvis' songs instead of the ones that are pre-selected... :doh:

I agree that this is yet another idea which showed promise but ultimately failed...HOWEVER I will say that I like the mosaic idea that they have on the site. I realize the pictures that everyone sends in will be so small, they will be hard to distinguish, but still it's a different idea and one that incorporates the fans in a unique way. ;)

TCB!
Mike

agree Mike, we could have chosen more unusual ones to encourage a new fan base(y)(y)

Jungleroom76
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
agree Mike, we could have chosen more unusual ones to encourage a new fan base(y)(y)

Precisely Deb...but my guess is Sony/EPE figured a CD of songs ACTUALLY chosen by the fans wouldn't sell as well as a CD with HOUND DOG and DON'T BE CRUEL on it for the zillionth time!!! :doh:

Oh well...just another in a seemingly endless line of losing ideas by Sony/EPE (with the exception of the recent YOUNG MAN box set, of course ;)) (n)

TCB!
Mike

buttonhead
05-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Its kind of sad how at the end of the day it is all about the selling,..instead of the satisfactions of so many Elvis loyal fans,... and this happening for his 35th Anniversary too, one day that a lot of us will remember ... me personally I want to own something which says Elvis 35th anniversary commemorations, yeah i agree with many of you here and wish it was us the fans who select the songs , because really Elvis still alive to this day because of fans.... Sony, EPE can go ahead do their' businesses , but if its not selling.. whats good would it do for them ..?

boquo2
05-10-2012, 05:39 AM
pre-selecing songs defeats the purpose. Potentially good idea ruined.

Jungleroom76
05-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm curious about something...I was looking at the latest "results" today on the site, and I noticed SUSPICIOUS MINDS is in the top-3 in both the 60's category as well as the LIVE category...so does this mean we're going to get 2 versions of the same song on this CD??? :hmm:

Aside from that, the results don't really reflect much that we didn't already figure would be on the album...with the exception of WELCOME TO MY WORLD and YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE being perhaps the biggest "surprises". Of course now that Sony/RCA has extended the voting time, there is plenty of time for the votes to be swayed into their favor as to what songs they want to be on the album anyway... :doh:

TCB!
Mike