PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again..

piretos
02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Here we go again using someone else's creation and putting it on a book cover not even asking if they can use it or not...
I made this wallpaper long time ago with the tittle "Where It All Begun" and as i was browsing the net today look what i found...
A book with the tittle
Follow Me To Tennessee *Updated Edition*

Guess they won't stop huh?? And it makes me wonder should i still make wallpapers or just stop????

hounddog
02-17-2012, 11:01 AM
i think you should go after the publisher. The least they should do is make amends and make sure that you are credited. You know i looked at the pic on that book about a week ago and thought it was a colourised pic and one that had been created.

hounddog
02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
the cover has been updated to your pic
http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/follow-me-to-tennessee-released/9271

it could be a genuine mistake they didn't know it was your work. but still credit should be given where its due.

Tommy
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I am so sorry my friend Bessie, I find my artworks all over also. It would be nice if they would give some credit, maybe they didn't know it was your's sometimes people take off the logos and names of the creator. Please don't stop what you do, it's beautiful artwork, we all so much appreicate everything you design. (y)

debtdbruno
02-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't think Andrew would do anything untoward......he's very reputable

hounddog
02-18-2012, 01:41 AM
that's what i thought debtdbruno as soon as i saw it was Andrew. He's a nice guy and very approachable. Have a chat to him Bessie. He runs essential Elvis uk. I think.

piretos
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Thank you all for your replies !!! I will send an email to him.