PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Award For 1971 'Elvis Christmas Album'

Elvis.com
09-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Elvis Presley's 1970 'Elvis Christmas Album' was awarded a Diamond Award for the sale of 10 million albums (10 X Multi Platunum).

Link To Original Article (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/diamond-award-for-1971-elvis-christmas-album/13493)

Lonniebealestreet
09-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Sweet! Finally!

Curious what the sales of all his Christmas albums add up to...since there are so many with very similar tracklistings.

Raised on Rock
09-18-2011, 03:06 AM
YES!!! Which one will be next?

Joe Car
09-18-2011, 01:50 PM
There should be a few more in the horizon!

hounddog
09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
fantastic deos anyone know what other albums of his have reached diamond status

Jungleroom76
09-18-2011, 10:26 PM
This is the first album of Elvis' to achieve "Diamond Award" status!!! :clap:

It really is a shame though that it took THIS long for Elvis to finally receive one of these...there must be other albums that should achieve/have achieved "Diamond" status by now, if only better records were kept back in the early days... :doh:

Regardless, it's a HUGE honor for Elvis and let's hope that more "Diamond Awards" will be lining the walls at Graceland very soon!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Brian Quinn
09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
I have been campaigning all year with Scott Williams of EPE to put pressure on SONY to get this album released as sales were so near to 10 million. Scott was not aware of the situation and a few weeks ago promised to get in touch with his SONY contact to get the album certified Diamond and re-released. It looks like a word in the right place has payed off.

Brian :clap:

Jungleroom76
09-22-2011, 02:33 AM
I have been campaigning all year with Scott Williams of EPE to put pressure on SONY to get this album released as sales were so near to 10 million. Scott was not aware of the situation and a few weeks ago promised to get in touch with his SONY contact to get the album certified Diamond and re-released. It looks like a word in the right place has payed off.

Brian :clap:

FANTASTIC WORK BRIAN!!! :notworthy

I have a question for you...do you know which albums are nearing/next on the list of possible "Diamond Award" status? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Brian Quinn
09-22-2011, 02:36 PM
FANTASTIC WORK BRIAN!!! :notworthy

I have a question for you...do you know which albums are nearing/next on the list of possible "Diamond Award" status? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Hi Mike,

I am not aware of any other Elvis album nearing 'Diamond' status. Unfortunately the RIAA rules precluded 'Aloha from Hawaii' and 'Elvis In Concert' from achieving Diamond status due to the playing times being less than 100 minutes. Both have sold over 5 million copies and were double albums.

Brian

Jungleroom76
09-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi Mike,

I am not aware of any other Elvis album nearing 'Diamond' status. Unfortunately the RIAA rules precluded 'Aloha from Hawaii' and 'Elvis In Concert' from achieving Diamond status due to the playing times being less than 100 minutes. Both have sold over 5 million copies and were double albums.

Brian

AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I know it's an RIAA rule, but it almost sounds like something Col. Parker would dream up... :doh: (n)

TCB!
Mike