PDA

View Full Version : Petition Lisa Marie Presley Sold Elvis And His Fans Short

Charmaine & David
12-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Petition

to: Lisa Marie Presley EPE graceland@elvis.com

We the Elvis Presley fans of the world strongly resent you Lisa Marie Presley selling EPE to Robert F.X. Sillerman.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Click here (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?fans4eap&1) to sign the petition.

Charmaine & David
12-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Sports Entertainment Enterprises, Inc. Announces Transaction with Robert F.X. Sillerman and Elvis Presley Estate

Sports Entertainment Enterprises, Inc.
6730 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Phone: 702-798-7777
Fax: 702-739-9509

Sports Entertainment Enterprises, which took a gamble on a Las Vegas theme park but lost, may be ready to say Viva Las Vegas once again. Once the controlling stakeholder in the All-American SportPark (AASP), Sports Entertainment is being acquired by media and entertainment impresario Robert Sillerman, who is also buying control of Elvis Presley Enterprises. Sillerman plans to conduct his new business through the defunct but still publicly traded shell.

T_J
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
I think it's too early to know how it will pan out. If she had sold Graceland itself and all his personal artefacts, then I might have been inclined to sign. She didn't. Is there not every chance that the new owner will aggressively market a positive Elvis image and that a lot of exciting developments are on the way? It would be foolish to take the other route.

Elvos
12-21-2004, 04:34 PM
I wont sign ...because I think to make Elvis comercially even bigger it is a good thing they give it out of their hands..... Indeed it would have been different if they sold Graceland and Private belongings too...But that is'nt the case... :blush:

eileen
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Even if it turns out to be a mistake, IMO that petition is lame.

Eileen

eileen
12-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Point being.....? The title doesn't make sense. The clip is totally out of context. There is already a thread or two on this subject.

Eileen

Albert
12-21-2004, 07:48 PM
I think it's sad that a company now 'owns' Elvis. But it probably would have happened anyway someday.

If EPE would have done a fantastic job with promoting Elvis, licensing great merchandise, or improve Elvis name as an artist, then I would have thought differently. They done a nice job with Graceland and some things in Memphis. But besides that it's pretty nothing.

With Sony in charge of Elvis music catalogue and a huge company owning 'Elvis' many great things can happen in the future for everyone.

ComeBackChick
12-21-2004, 07:53 PM
No way! I am not gonna sign this! I have warm feelings for Lisa Marie also! I am a total business nitwit, so I don't know what it all means. Time will tell!

P.S. Annie
12-21-2004, 10:10 PM
The harm is already done.

quinn53
12-22-2004, 08:40 AM
I love Elvis and I have a great deal of respect for Lisa's courage and I know jackshit about business. If Elvis were alive today I think he would be so proud of Lisa.

(n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n)

P.S. Annie
12-22-2004, 12:45 PM
I must say at the moment I'm not really interested if it is a good business thing. I cant understand why she sold her dad 's name and image. If you dont know how to do a good job, you hire someone to do it for you, you dont sale those rights. But maybe we shouldnt worry about Sillerman, he is only buying, building and selling companys, maybe we should worry about the next owner......................

yiddle yisa
12-22-2004, 01:09 PM
The real fact is that, yes, most of us will sign that petition, but that doesnt mean we hate Lisa Marie or want to put her down. It just simply means that some of us fans dont like the idea and that we wanna let her know. AND I know it's over and done with, but aren't people allowed to still be upset?? YES!! So there's the point that im trying to make!!LOL

I, for one, did sign that petition to tell Lisa Marie that I was upset, not that I hated her, but because I love both her and her father way too much for her to take a strong chance at selling this 85% of her fathers "life" to somewhat say.

Happy Holiday's
- Lisa :newyear: :king: :cold: :xmas:

quinn53
12-24-2004, 06:40 AM
I don't care who owns this company. Elvis Presley, the man, died in 1977. We have been blessed by his music, something that will never die. I will love his music forever. :king: