PDA

View Full Version : Duets and X- Factor

Jumpsuit Junkie
05-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I know that this is a little off the wall but I was reading the paper today, there is a lot of chatter about Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell on the X-Factor and it just struck me! Would Elvis have considered being on the panel? I know Elvis was quite a private man but would he have participated in a project where he would be in a position to help and guide young people on the start of their careers?

On another slightly disjointed thought, who would Elvis have considered doing a duet with in the charts now?

dennyelvis
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Well let me tell you, a young Elvis would have blown the charts away on a duet with Imelda May , would love to hear that on a duets album, older Elvis, always thought a Dolly duet might work too ..........

Jimmy1966
05-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I Don't Think It Would Be His 'THING' But I Suppose The Colonel Would Cos Of The Money.

monk37
05-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Elvis would never have been a judge on a show like American Idol - he was too concerned about upsetting adn offending people to judge anyone

and I don't think he liked duets - he prefered a quartet - but I could have imagined something like Roy Orbison's Black and White night with Elvis surrounded by all kinds

Elvis and kd lang duet - man, that would have been astonishing

Unchained Melody
05-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Could never vision Elvis doing such a thing, despite how cool it might be.

Colonel Parker kept Elvis a mystery for the most part to the press, and the public, to make Elvis that much bigger, so that is a big reason why I don't see Elvis ever doing such a thing when he was alive..

Trelane P
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM
They just wouldn't get early Elvis either then or now. Interestingly, take a look at this video I found - ELVIS PRESLEY AMERICAN IDOL AUDITION - made by a fan by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngIoJvW9B8A

monk37
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
no, that's an audition screen test Elvis did for paramount, it's not fan shot, it's Paramount shot - it was first released in the late 80's on a 2 VHS Elvis video set Greatest Performances

KPM
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Since Elvis did not live-its hard to say how he might have evolved if he had. He seemed to be less satisfied with the Colonel as the 70s rolled on, perhaps that would have led to his finally getting rid of him and with a new manager or advisor perhaps he might have become more open to all kinds of things such as this. Hard to say.

Jumpsuit Junkie
05-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I think that is a good comment there Ken. Elvis was quite a bit younger than the Colonel and he would have surely got new management who would have capitalised on Elvis' credibility and back catalogue. I'm sure that a media savvy manager would have been able to have tempted Elvis to venture into a new medium?