View Full Version : Vote - Elvis v Steve McQueen

Brian Quinn
02-26-2011, 12:39 PM
To vote please go to the following URL:

http://polldaddy.com/poll/4424366

Brian :cool:

Joe Car
02-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Voted! As cool as McQueen was, no one was cooler then our guy, most of his life!
There weren't too many guys who could stand next to our boy and equal him in coolness or looks for that matter, as evidenced by this photo!
http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/galleries/2011/feb/19/elviz-presley-2/47091/

buttonhead
02-26-2011, 08:41 PM
dang !! this is tough... I ve been watching Turner Classic Movie Channel lately, and eventhough Steve McQueen was not the most handsome man on earth but he too has charisma,.... an Ultra -Cool with a cigar in his mouth as he was ..
Elvis in the other hand is the whole package... Elvis is beautiful yet he never was too cool to say hai to his fans , thats a plus as a celebrities, and btw, what not to love about E ??

I vote for Elvis . :)

Brian Quinn
02-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Elvis now with 172 votes and Steve McQueen with 133.

Brian

tcb_1835m
02-27-2011, 05:23 PM
:clap:(y)(y):D You Go Elvis! Elvis Invented the Word COOL!!:peace:

Brian Quinn
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Elvis now on 269 votes and Steve McQueen with 233 votes. More votes needed.

Brian

Tigerman1975
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Its tough, Elvis was bad a$$ and so was Steve McQueen.

Brian Quinn
03-03-2011, 06:50 PM
More votes and comments needed please. Steve McQueen is catching up.

Brian

Raised on Rock
03-03-2011, 07:47 PM
If you compare the mid 60's filmography of McQueen vs. Elvis, of course Elvis might look as the most uncook guy on earth and never ever a match towards Steve. Unfortunately most people today outside Elvis world will look at it that way, plus the caricaturized image of the '76-'77 Elvis, (still strong thanks to crapy impersonactors, god help them deleting them from eath), so that won't help.

Yet if you compare the impact of Elvis golden hollywood days '56-'63, there is no way you can compare McQueen impact as a popular icon vs. Elvis impact: from his '50s rebelious image of King Creole or Jailhouse rock, to the sex symbol Elvis of Blue Hawaii, Girls Girls Girls or Fun in Acapulco.

Now, if we go outside the Hollywood characters,I mean the real life guys, sure McQueen was a cool dude, but he was no feat to what Elvis was about outside the movies though his whole career, what McQueen stated about coolness was though his hollywood characters, little he meant outside of that, what Elvis stated about cool, fashion, attitude, sex, way of life, and of course and most of all MUSIC and PERFORMANCE is way beyond his movie characters, in fact those would be the least important issue of the package, what made a revolutionary impact was in fact, the real Elvis.

McQueen is great, sure he's a sex symbol and an Icon, but he's no match to Elvis being that and beyond that status.

But anyway, this is an Elvis forum lol, I would love to hear McQueen fans opinion. I actually dig McQueen characters, but Elvis is the man to me.

Tigerman1975
03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
But anyway, this is an Elvis forum lol, I would love to hear McQueen fans opinion. I actually dig McQueen characters, but Elvis is the man to me.

Thats why it was tough for me. Elvis is always the man in my eyes, but Steve has a pretty high level of cool too. I've read they didnt like each other very much. That came from Barbara Leigh. But in the end, Elvis is the be all, end all and I think we all know it.

Albert
03-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I've never heard of Steve McQueen.... So I didn't even bother to vote ;)

Tigerman1975
03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I've never heard of Steve McQueen.... So I didn't even bother to vote ;)

Are you serious? He is an American movie legend.

Albert
03-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Just looked him up on Google/IMDB: I recognize his face, but that's it. Never seen any of his movies. I guess my parents know him, since I recognize some of the titles of his movies (they were re-shot in the 90s/2000s).

Lisarose
03-05-2011, 03:04 AM
If you watch any Steve McQueen movie - make it Bullitt! Hardly a "chickflick" but it's always been one of my favorites! And if you think Elvis movies were silly - check out the Blob!
But no, he doesn't hold a candle to Elvis, IMO