PDA

View Full Version : Recycling symbol on Elvis cd's

Steamroller Blues
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
When you see the Recycling symbol on the the back cover of a cd doesn't it usually infer to the buyer that it is a cheap product with poor sound quality or lousy content?.
If so, then why is it included on some of my Elvis cd's of which all contain excellent quality.
I have around 100 cd's in my collection , both old and current artists and these are the only cds that have the symbol
- an afternoon in the garden
- aloha from hawaii
- command performances 60's masters II
I don't own the Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential 70's Masters box set, but i think it's on there too.
I get much value out of these cds and i don't understand why they put the symbol on there.It gives the impression of the product being junk to a potential buyer. I have a few cheap $2 Bob Marley cd's with poor quality and the album Trout Mask Replica (=rubbish!!) and none of them have the Recycling symbol, so why should these specific releases from BMG/RCA have it.

monk37
02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
the recycle symbol as nothing to do with quality or content

just that the disc can be tossed into the recycling bin for the materials to be melted, sorted and used again

Albert
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
It depends on where the cd has been fabricated. Because various countries (and states) require this symbol on all consumer products to inform customers what to do with the product once they're done with it. Sometimes company put it on their products without it being required by law, but just to show their 'green' intentions.