PDA

View Full Version : JOHNNY HARRA 2010 CHRISTMAS SHOW- Mystery Of The Disappearing Post!

JRtherealJR
01-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Re: JOHNNY HARRA- 2010 Christmas Show
I should like an explanation as to why this perfectly legitimate topic HAS BEEN MOVED.

I mean, what possible reason could there be to MOVE this post?

Very disappointing that some faceless person hiding behind a computer screen does not even have the manners to contact me face-to-face before they take any action.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY THE WAY: Well done to Pat Byrne in the BIRMINGHAM EUROPEAN ELVIS CONTEST this weekend!!!! Another fantastic set!
And wasn't it fantastic that Jesse Aron travelled all the way from the States to support the event?

KPM
01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Really my friend its not such a big deal (and I can not speak for the mods) but probably because it was more about "Johnny Harra" than about Elvis in content so it was moved to the Off Topic section where pretty much anything can be discussed. Its just a form of keeping topics in the Elvis section mainly about Elvis. Hope that helps.
I posted a photo a day or so ago and it was totally removed probably because it was just not a clear photo (even though I tried cleaning it up) but I understand they have to have rules and a structure to the forum in order to keep it running smoothly.

danny
01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
It was moved to where it belongs: the off-topic section.
Impersonators have nothing to do with Elvis. I hate them all.

JRtherealJR
01-11-2011, 12:44 AM
It was moved to where it belongs: the off-topic section.
Impersonators have nothing to do with Elvis. I hate them all.

What a very un-Elvis like thing to say. You're only 22 so perhaps you've never heard of Douglas Roy; he's the impersonator Elvis invited up on stage with him.

I must say though, I'm not too keen on astrologists myself. As for the occasional nutjob that takes it seriously modernly, they should perhaps be reminded that astrology is based on a geocentric idea of the universe, so to take astrology seriously, one has to renounce one's belief that the earth revolves around the sun.

danny
01-11-2011, 06:08 AM
You're only 22 so perhaps you've never heard of Douglas Roy; he's the impersonator Elvis invited up on stage with him..
I'm only 21 and you're right,i've never heard of Douglas Roy. I'm not into impersonators because i prefer the real thing. ;)

monk37
01-11-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm 42 and I've never heard of Douglas Roy or Elvis ever inviting an impersonator to share the stage

He did on the Milton Berle show, but that was a little kid.

gunter
01-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Isn’t this the ‘Talk about our man, ELVIS PRESLEY’ section of the forum? So imho this doesn’t belong here at all. The Elvis world unfortunately is contaminated enough already with these pathetic figures as it is, so let’s keep this section for Elvis and nothing but the real Elvis only please. So at least in this section people can feel save again.
Sorry if this sounds offensive. I’m just writing what I think.

Enikő Lugosi
01-11-2011, 02:47 PM
JRtherealJR,if i were you,i would change that avatar. It's tasteless and disrespectful.