PDA

View Full Version : Any news about next FTD releases?

peter
12-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Are there any news about FTD plans for next year? Boston 71 released, now Chicago doubleset is going to be released, but what will follow next? Anyone heard/found any news?

my boy
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Probably a bit early but hopefully we'll hear soon

Albert
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm really curious when a NEW soundboard will be released. The last few plus the coming one are re-releases of what's already available through the import channels.

my boy
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
It would nice to have another good 1975 show!

vivaelvis
12-06-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm really curious when a NEW soundboard will be released. The last few plus the coming one are re-releases of what's already available through the import channels.

I'm with you on that. It's been a good while since a NEW live soundbaord from a tour show has been released that wasn't already out there on bootleg. I wish they would release something from the November 72 tour. I know they have at least one show on soundboard from this tour.

Jungleroom76
12-06-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm also anxious to see what will be coming down the pipeline next year... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Lisarose
12-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Umm,...again slight off-topic, my apologies, but any idea when our FTD forum will be updated? I
usually go there first when I need opinions on certain releases that I want to purchase...

Raised on Rock
12-07-2010, 07:32 AM
You guys need a second collectors label:lol:

Let's hope, in 2011 RCA/Sony bring back Camden also, I'm all for it;)

Camden? What was good on Camden for Elvis except great cover art? Those albums where absurd.

seyeregit
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
How many recordings of the same tiresome concerts from 73 - 77 are fans really willing to purchase? It's a waste of money and a sad indicator that the majority of E "fans" really do support the gross commercializing of his name and image. And people wonder why he became so disgusted by the fan base.

Jungleroom76
12-08-2010, 02:36 AM
Let's hope, in 2011 RCA/Sony bring back Camden also, I'm all for it;)

Actually Ron, here in the U.S., RCA/Sony actually did release a few of the old Camden albums under their budget CD program!! I was actually pretty excited when these started hitting the store shelves, but they haven't released any more of them in the last few months. Hopefully they will continue releasing the rest of them!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
12-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Camden? What was good on Camden for Elvis except great cover art? Those albums where absurd.

True, the albums were absurd but sometimes it's just cool to go back and listen to some of those old Camden albums for the nostalgia!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
12-08-2010, 02:40 AM
How many recordings of the same tiresome concerts from 73 - 77 are fans really willing to purchase?

True the concerts tend to repeat the same songs quite often, but considering the RCA vaults are quickly becoming depleted of any usable material, these concerts are really the only "new" recordings from Elvis that the fans have left to enjoy/hear/collect. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
12-08-2010, 02:44 AM
And people wonder why he became so disgusted by the fan base.

??????????????? :hmm:

Exactly when did Elvis become "disgusted" with his fans??? Even toward the end of his life, when Elvis was having all of his personal troubles, the one thing that he could ALWAYS count on were his fans. It has been said over and over in countless books, stories, etc. that while he may have been "tired" of being Elvis Presley, he still loved his fans and wanted to please them when he performed. I don't ever think Elvis was EVER "disgusted" with his fans at any point of his career.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

TCB!
Mike

U.S. Male
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm also anxious to see what will be coming down the pipeline next year... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

I'm curious to know what color of Elvis Christmas Pajamas you'll be wearing on Christmas morning? Hot pink? Lemon yellow?:hmm: MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Ok, I know I know - TOTALLY OFF TOPIC :cop: Just haven't terrorized my little buddy in quite some time :hug:

Back to the main subject now

Raised on Rock
12-08-2010, 07:13 PM
A lot of the original RCA albums came from the Camden studios also.

Anyway, really like to see the war of wars, FTD vs Camden. Both releasing the same material, winner takes all.

What I meant was, there was no point in release Elvis hot singles of the day like Burning Love or Always on My Mind, with a bunch of old movie soundtracks songs, instead that in the "official" new albums of the day like "Now". It confused and still does confuses the non fan buying audiences.

The odd thing was those camden releases had more atractive cover art than the official new albums. Weird.

What you mean by "A lot of the original RCA albums came from the Camden Studios?" didn't get you, sorry.

Raised on Rock
12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
True, the albums were absurd but sometimes it's just cool to go back and listen to some of those old Camden albums for the nostalgia!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

I know, I still got a bunch of old cassette tapes of the old camden that I got for little money when I was a 5 year old, some time I play them or just stare at them for nostalgia sake. But to rerelease them on CD, yes for old fans as us its cool, but what about a new guy that has just got into Elvis via 30 #1 hits, or Good Rocking Tonight, and buy one of those cause it readad out loud: Burning Love or Seperata Ways, exiting cover an all, and then ups! there you go with Old McDonald had a Farm or Yoga is as Yoga does, what a rip off would that be for her/him.

Albert
12-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Umm,...again slight off-topic, my apologies, but any idea when our FTD forum will be updated? I
usually go there first when I need opinions on certain releases that I want to purchase...

Shame on me! That was my task. I will update it very soon. I was thinking about presenting the audioclips in a different way.

Jungleroom76
12-09-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm curious to know what color of Elvis Christmas Pajamas you'll be wearing on Christmas morning? Hot pink? Lemon yellow?:hmm: MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Ok, I know I know - TOTALLY OFF TOPIC :cop: Just haven't terrorized my little buddy in quite some time :hug:

Back to the main subject now

Hmmm...I was wondering whose windows you've been peeping into these days pal... :hmm:

And just for you, I plan on wearing the fuschia colored nighty that you love so much!!! ;) :lmfao:

Seriously though, it's good to see you here pal!! I've missed you over on Facebook but with everything we've been going through around here lately, I would have had even less time then I already did!! :doh:

Have a Happy Holiday season my friend!! :newyear:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
12-09-2010, 12:49 AM
What I meant was, there was no point in release Elvis hot singles of the day like Burning Love or Always on My Mind, with a bunch of old movie soundtracks songs, instead that in the "official" new albums of the day like "Now". It confused and still does confuses the non fan buying audiences.

The odd thing was those camden releases had more atractive cover art than the official new albums. Weird.

Well one thing you have to remember ROR is that the MAIN purpose of the Camden label was to give good ol' Col. Parker another avenue to circumvent his record deal with Elvis so that he could make even more of a profit from the Camden releases then he would if he was on the up and up. And again, it's just another example of just how much The Colonel clearly cared less about Elvis' career and cared more about himself. Any manager worth his salt would NEVER put a song with such hit potential like BURNING LOVE on a budget album with a bunch of leftover soundtrack songs. But it was done this way because The Colonel had already secured the rights to the movie soundtrack stuff and didn't have to waste time getting publishing rights, etc. for those old soundtrack songs. What better way to get as much mileage out of the publishing royalties for those soundtrack songs as possible then to put them on a budget album that all the fans could afford to buy using BURNING LOVE as the "bait", so to speak. :angry:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
12-09-2010, 12:52 AM
I know, I still got a bunch of old cassette tapes of the old camden that I got for little money when I was a 5 year old, some time I play them or just stare at them for nostalgia sake. But to rerelease them on CD, yes for old fans as us its cool, but what about a new guy that has just got into Elvis via 30 #1 hits, or Good Rocking Tonight, and buy one of those cause it readad out loud: Burning Love or Seperata Ways, exiting cover an all, and then ups! there you go with Old McDonald had a Farm or Yoga is as Yoga does, what a rip off would that be for her/him.

True, true...but in the case of myself for example, when I originally purchased those Camden albums, there were some songs on those albums that I hadn't heard before. Good or bad, it was new Elvis music to my ears!! Would a casual Elvis fan enjoy listening to BURNING LOVE next to OLD McDONALD...probably not. But if we're talking about a new Elvis fan, then they probably wouldn't mind if the album had songs on it that they had never heard before. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Raised on Rock
12-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Well one thing you have to remember ROR is that the MAIN purpose of the Camden label was to give good ol' Col. Parker another avenue to circumvent his record deal with Elvis so that he could make even more of a profit from the Camden releases then he would if he was on the up and up. And again, it's just another example of just how much The Colonel clearly cared less about Elvis' career and cared more about himself. Any manager worth his salt would NEVER put a song with such hit potential like BURNING LOVE on a budget album with a bunch of leftover soundtrack songs. But it was done this way because The Colonel had already secured the rights to the movie soundtrack stuff and didn't have to waste time getting publishing rights, etc. for those old soundtrack songs. What better way to get as much mileage out of the publishing royalties for those soundtrack songs as possible then to put them on a budget album that all the fans could afford to buy using BURNING LOVE as the "bait", so to speak. :angry:

TCB!
Mike

Col. Tom Parker, good lord! one of a kind wasn't he?

I'm sure that if Elvis music releases during the 70's would have been managed in the proper way, he definetively could have had more top ten 10 hits and top 10 albums during those last days, but more than that, Elvis 70's music would not be so underrated.

Jungleroom76
12-09-2010, 03:04 AM
Col. Tom Parker, good lord! one of a kind wasn't he?

He definitely was something... :hmm:

I'm sure that if Elvis music releases during the 70's would have been managed in the proper way, he definetively could have had more top ten 10 hits and top 10 albums during those last days, but more than that, Elvis 70's music would not be so underrated.

EXACTLY RIGHT ROR!!! (y)

I truly think that with better promotion and overall planning, Elvis' material from the 1970's could have been released in a much more logical and efficient way and yes, could have produced much more positive chart results and album/singles sales. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike