PDA

View Full Version : BOXCAR producer arrested,bye-bye Final Curtain!

Enikő Lugosi
12-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Is this really true?
Yesterday i got a phone-call from a friend who told me that the person behind this label was arrested and their planned 1977 box set will never come out.
I can't prove it but i've heard it from a reliable source. Hopefully he's wrong because i've already pre-ordered it.

Enikő

http://www.essentialelvis.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/boxcarWeb-252x300.gif

rickb
12-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Haven'tn heard this. I have been waiting for a firm release date and final content before ordering...trust my suspicious mind

Jungleroom76
12-04-2010, 02:43 AM
I spoke with my source for this set earlier today and he told me that he spoke with the folks at Boxcar yesterday and THE FINAL CURTAIN will be out in a few weeks. (y)

Hopefully the information about the producer being arrested is just a vicious rumor and not something that happened after my source spoke with Boxcar yesterday... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Enikő Lugosi
12-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank you,Jungleroom76. I also hope it's just a rumor because i've already pre-paid my copy.
But you may never know. Remember what happened to the great Madison label. They started to release those 1972 rehearsals and concerts and suddenly they were forced to stop their activity.

Jungleroom76
12-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Thank you,Jungleroom76. I also hope it's just a rumor because i've already pre-paid my copy.
But you may never know. Remember what happened to the great Madison label. They started to release those 1972 rehearsals and concerts and suddenly they were forced to stop their activity.

Just received verification from my source that this is JUST A RUMOR!! The people behind Boxcar are just fine and still working on the set!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

lvelvis
12-08-2010, 11:06 PM
this is definetly a rumor as the set is finished and will be in your mail boxes by x mas or by the end of this month i'm assured by my source and dealer. The soundboard cd's are going to be dandy with milwaukee being one of them.

bubbska
12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Would really like to get this set. Does anyone have a dealer i could contact to order this? This would make a great Christmas gift to my self.

mn-designs
12-10-2010, 11:21 PM
From what i've heard, this set will be released at the end of this month or early January 2011, they wanted to release this set on December 15th...but is a little delayed...
That will also explain why so many import labels are releasing their cd's right now, when this set is out...the sales of the other labels will drop down...cause of the big demand for this Final Curtain set! And the price for this set is pretty high, i saw prices flying around of € 350,-/400,- and it will be higher (on e-bay in a few months) if the final product is indeed the best quality we have ever seen on those 1977 recordings and video footage. I was told that the CBS special footage has the best quality ever released and can be compared to the clips that are on the Elvis By The Presleys DVD.

Jungleroom76
12-10-2010, 11:35 PM
From what i've heard, this set will be released at the end of this month or early January 2011, they wanted to release this set on December 15th...but is a little delayed...
That will also explain why so many import labels are releasing their cd's right now, when this set is out...the sales of the other labels will drop down...cause of the big demand for this Final Curtain set! And the price for this set is pretty high, i saw prices flying around of € 350,-/400,- and it will be higher (on e-bay in a few months) if the final product is indeed the best quality we have ever seen on those 1977 recordings and video footage. I was told that the CBS special footage has the best quality ever released and can be compared to the clips that are on the Elvis By The Presleys DVD.

Thanks for the updates my friend!! Can't wait for my copy to arrive, that's for sure!!! :clap:

TCB!
Mike

Enikő Lugosi
12-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I have bad news again. It seems the info i shared with you 2 weeks ago was correct. EPE hired lawyers and they forced the FECC forum to delete all Final Curtain threads...
I'm afraid the days of Boxcar are counted. The same thing happened to the Madison label. For a few years EPE tolerated them,but when they went too far and released those On Tour concerts and rehearsals,they were forced to shut down.
If you pre-paid the box,then maybe you'll get it,maybe you won't. Good luck to you!

Enikő Lugosi
12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
All three dealers I know and who have been reliable for years have now canceled their orders for this one. All money payed in advance has been returned and there will be no supply of this release from them. I don't think that it will ever be out,sorry for the bad news.

Robbie
12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
They are only RUMORS the set will be out (y)

oldsaltilloroad
12-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I hope this isn't true, since I heard about the boxset i have been desperate to get a copy, this set appears to put the rest to shame so i hope this isnt true and that its just those rats at EPE scare mungerin..:angry:

Robbie
12-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Its all Bull, my supplyer corfrimed it ok :clap::D:D

Enikő Lugosi
12-19-2010, 10:57 PM
They are only RUMORS the set will be out (y)
Time will tell...

oldsaltilloroad
12-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey Eniko, if your so sure, why is no one else reporting this then? i have had a look round and nobody else is reportin this. what makes your source better than all the others? if its not true, try not to dampen the rest of our spirits, i for one am looking forward to this new set. Its popularity does seem to be slowing down either cos everywhere i look i cant find an available set. so please please don ruin my and others Christmas with unfounded rumours...unless you know something others don't. Sorry to sound brash but we (my wife and I) have been loking forward to this release since Boxcar sounded out.:'(

Brian Quinn
12-20-2010, 12:48 PM
The following comment has been posted on the FECC site by the Moderators.

"Due to circumstances beyond our control all FC threads have been removed
from the forum.

No Further direct discussions about this set will be allowed on FECC for the time being.....

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Please note: Things need to cool down, Threats of legal action against many are taking place.

We feel here at FECC, most Elvis news, is just that, news....

It appears' the laws that be, feel other wise.

Everything has been recorded and continues to be recorded by them
relating to this message board and other Elvis web sites'.

For now, we feel the discussion needs to stop for all concern.

FECC wants to continue to provide Elvis News' from every part of the
Elvis World for you, the members and for Elvis fans in general.

We must be sure No recourse takes' place against us for sharing
Elvis information and you the FECC members sharing your views' and
thoughts' about any given related Elvis item made available in the Elvis world.

At this time , as mention above "Things need to cool down".

We need to regroup, as we feel, just as you all do, we have done nothing
wrong and nor has any other Elvis web site done anything wrong in providing
what is, for Elvis information. As we and other Elvis web sites only provide
Elvis Information we DO NOT SELL the items in any shape or form.

However, we do not feel we need to spend any money in the courts'
to prove our point, of our rights' or anyone's rights' for that matter.

In the mean time, we just ask You all to have patience, things' will be, what they are.

FECC is one of the few Elvis message boards' left where intelligent
Elvis conversation can continue, we do not want to see that disappear and
we believe you do not want to see that happen either.

So, we will just let things' cool off a bit and see where it goes'.

Thank you for your understanding."

Brian

Enikő Lugosi
12-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Hey Eniko, if your so sure, why is no one else reporting this then? i have had a look round and nobody else is reportin this. what makes your source better than all the others? if its not true, try not to dampen the rest of our spirits, i for one am looking forward to this new set. Its popularity does seem to be slowing down either cos everywhere i look i cant find an available set. so please please don ruin my and others Christmas with unfounded rumours...unless you know something others don't. Sorry to sound brash but we (my wife and I) have been loking forward to this release since Boxcar sounded out.:'(

Sorry for telling you the truth.

Albert
12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
it's not illegal to talk about bootlegs at all. As long as your not cooperating with the release or distribution if it. Not in Europe, not in the US. Bit of a weird decision of FECC. But hey, it's their board. Perhaps there were too many "inside-people" in the various discussions.

oldsaltilloroad
12-22-2010, 01:29 PM
it's not illegal to talk about bootlegs at all. As long as your not cooperating with the release or distribution if it. Not in Europe, not in the US. Bit of a weird decision of FECC. But hey, it's their board. Perhaps there were too many "inside-people" in the various discussions.

Just been to thier site and sure enough everybody is talking about the "boxset that can't be mentioned" it must have been legal pressure from EPE since there is masses of media about the impending release of Elvis 77 The Final Curtain...ha ahhh there i said it ;) no stopping us here lol. Eniko, i'm startin to think you may be an insider since your the only one who has mentioned this "Arrest" all the forums (excluding FECC) and still saying 5 and 8 jan for release of the boxset...mmmm you EPE by chance?

Enikő Lugosi
12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
"Oldsaltilloroad",you registered just a few days ago and all your posts are about The Final Curtain only.
Mmmm,are you a bootlegger by chance?

oldsaltilloroad
12-22-2010, 01:49 PM
"Oldsaltilloroad",you registered just a few days ago and all your posts are about The Final Curtain only.
Mmmm,are you a bootlegger by chance? if i was i wouldn't be rootin around the internet tryin to get my mits on a copy....nah just a mature old Elvis fan lookin to increase my already sizable collection, got any ideas lol

oldsaltilloroad
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I now have my boxset and its brilliant, lots of great music and great movie footage. it seems alll those saying it aint comin out were wrong soooo very wrong

Enikő Lugosi
01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Sadly YOU ARE WRONG. The persons behind the label were arrested yesterday and the Final Curtain digipacks have been cancelled. Check out other sites for more info.
I was right but nobody believed me...

Albert
01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Seems like the boxset is a big succes

Enikő Lugosi
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Enikő Lugosi
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
This is the letter EPE's lawyer sent just before Christmas to the FECC forum, elvisnews.com and other sites:

http://www.elvis-tkc.com/forums/uploads/1296140194/gallery_21960_29_23566.jpg

http://www.elvis-tkc.com/forums/uploads/1296140194/gallery_21960_29_132904.jpg

http://www.elvis-tkc.com/forums/uploads/1296140194/gallery_21960_29_134355.jpg

rex martin
01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
the first 2 parts is PAGE ONE
the 3rd part shown is Page two

I split the first page into 2, when I posted it on ELVIS TKC, almost 24 hours ago...
also the first line above... was how I TITLED IT!

(another Elvis site had it before the weekend also)

Probably sent out to Web site servers also to stop the Elvis sites

They don't claim rights to the SOUNDBOARDS, but they do claim rights to ELVIS FANS FOOTAGE.....

Like we would give it to them for Nothing.. and it sounds like they wouldn't want to work with any fans footage.. even if you wanted...

Its a Request only... not a cease or else.

Raymond Pruitt
02-01-2011, 01:10 AM
It's hard, as an American fan, to believe that anyone would try to produce an unauthorized product and think that they can do so with no consequences. Lisa has continuously stated that she will fiercely protect her Dad's name and reputaiton. This was a lot easier befoe the internet exploded on the global scene.

Enikő Lugosi
02-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Lisa has continuously stated that she will fiercely protect her Dad's name and reputaiton.
How can she protect her dad's name and reputation with all these things??????????

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/41756-elvis_presley.jpg

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/60133.jpg?zm=250,250,1,0,0 http://www.gibson.com/Files/aaFeaturesImages2010/elvis_mr-potato-head.jpg

What a hypocrite!

Albert
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
It's kinda sad that EPE (and/or other copyright owners) has access to the CBS special. That this special is over 33 years old and hasn't been used by the Elvis The Concert world tours and hasn't been released to the public. And now finally someone makes it available, doing the best job possible with the sources available. And suddenly comes EPE around the corner, claiming their rights.

Sure, they have every right to. They (Silverman) bought it fair and square.

I don't understand what they mean with 'advertising'? I thought none of these websites offered them for sale or pointed people to places where this boxset could be bought? The only thing they did was mentioning the existence? What's the difference with newspapers or news channels like CNN?

rickb
02-01-2011, 11:51 PM
When it comes to Lisa/EPE or bootleggers when talking about protecting Elvis' reputation, the Mr Potato heads, ducks etc above should show who really care for his image.
Congratulations to the TFC makers.

Jungleroom76
02-02-2011, 01:21 AM
When it comes to Lisa/EPE or bootleggers when talking about protecting Elvis' reputation, the Mr Potato heads, ducks etc above should show who really care for his image.
Congratulations to the TFC makers.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :notworthy

I couldn't agree with you more Rick!! As I said earlier, EPE refuses to release the CBS material because it would cast Elvis in a negative light, yet isn't that EXACTLY what EPE is doing by releasing stupid things like Mr. Potato Head figures and rubber ducks??? :angry:

Something like this only further illustrates the truth about EPE...it isn't Elvis' image and legacy they are worried about, it's the $$$$$$$$$!!! EPE feels they can make more $$$$$$$$$ releasing crap like these toys than they can releasing the CBS material!! :mad:

TCB!
Mike

Albert
02-02-2011, 08:51 AM
BMG/Sony have Ernst to watch over Elvis' legacy. I wonder who's doing that now at EPE? Or the owners of Elvis' movie catalogue (like MGM)?

Tigerman1975
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
It's kinda sad that EPE (and/or other copyright owners) has access to the CBS special. That this special is over 33 years old and hasn't been used by the Elvis The Concert world tours and hasn't been released to the public. And now finally someone makes it available, doing the best job possible with the sources available. And suddenly comes EPE around the corner, claiming their rights.

Sure, they have every right to. They (Silverman) bought it fair and square.

I don't understand what they mean with 'advertising'? I thought none of these websites offered them for sale or pointed people to places where this boxset could be bought? The only thing they did was mentioning the existence? What's the difference with newspapers or news channels like CNN?

That was so very well put Albert.

Jungleroom76
02-02-2011, 05:51 PM
BMG/Sony have Ernst to watch over Elvis' legacy. I wonder who's doing that now at EPE? Or the owners of Elvis' movie catalogue (like MGM)?

Simple answer...NO ONE!!! That's why EPE is allowed to put out s**t like these ridiculous Potato Head and rubber duck things!!! :angry:

TCB!
Mike

monk37
02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
My Final Curtain box set arrived in the second week of January

so wonder EPE is mad - not only does it NOT put Elvis in a bad light, it's light years ahead of the crap they put out.

I think it's a case of jealousy - they are so disconnected to the fan base

Jungleroom76
02-02-2011, 09:57 PM
My Final Curtain box set arrived in the second week of January

so wonder EPE is mad - not only does it NOT put Elvis in a bad light, it's light years ahead of the crap they put out.

I think it's a case of jealousy - they are so disconnected to the fan base

Sounds like what most everyone thinks about the set too monk37!! Although there have been a couple of negative comments out there, overall the reviews of FC have been very positive -- especially considering the set focuses on such a delicate year in Elvis' life and career. :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

monk37
02-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Hi Jungleroom76

the book is astonishing and clearly shows Elvis in more than just the one Aztec suit and there's a lot of concerts where he was as good as ever - and some of the times, looked pretty good.

Jungleroom76
02-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Hi Jungleroom76

the book is astonishing and clearly shows Elvis in more than just the one Aztec suit and there's a lot of concerts where he was as good as ever - and some of the times, looked pretty good.

Thanks for the info.!! That is one of the biggest misconceptions about Elvis in 1977...he was just so overweight and basically incapable of putting on a good show. Granted, there are several shows in 1977 where Elvis clearly did not look or sound well, but to me, those moments pale in comparison to the many great performances that can be found by listening to the shows from '77. And I have seen MANY pictures of Elvis during those final few months of his life where he did look good...again, much better than the awful pictures that seem to be constantly circulated from 1977!! (n)

So to me, this FC set would be a good way to prove to the naysayers that Elvis indeed WAS capable of putting on good performances in 1977 and that he did look better quite often than he is otherwise shown or portrayed during the final 8 months of his life!!! :hmm:

It's just such a shame that a majority of people will never get to see or hear those things because of the limited number of sets that were manufactured and the pressure from EPE to stop selling the set!! :nono:

TCB!
Mike

rogerM
02-03-2011, 06:52 PM
:notworthy:notworthyI recived The Final Curtain yesterday, and it`s FANTASTIC!!!!!!:notworthy(y)

Jungleroom76
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Just found this on Elvis.com this morning....I am assuming that the article is referring to the FINAL CURTAIN set...

Elvis Presley Enterprises Takes Legal Action Against Global Bootleg Ring

February 07, 2011

Elvis Presley Enterprises took swift action to stop the commercial sale and distribution of a DVD/CD set which included recordings and audiovisual footage of Elvis Presley concert performances. Working with a team of investigators across three continents, EPE was able to track down the individuals they believe to be behind the release and distribution of the box set.

As of today, EPE has begun action in the Chancery Division of the High Court, England and Wales, against Joseph Pirzada, the alleged source of the infringing materials in the box set. On an order from the High Court, on January 25, 2011, EPE lawyers and computer experts were authorized to search Mr. Pirzada's home for evidence of the sale and distribution of the box set. The evidence uncovered led to the filing of a lawsuit against Mr. Pirzada for copyright infringement.

On February 2, 2011, EPE also filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, against Bud Glass, an Elvis Presley memorabilia collector, for the alleged illegal sale and distribution of the box set in the United States.

EPE is currently reviewing the evidence and considering filing additional lawsuits against other individuals responsible for the manufacture, sale, and release of this particular box set as well as other bootleg recordings and merchandise.

This certainly doesn't sound good... (n)

TCB!
Mike

merry77
02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Pieces of Elvis in concert were even used in This is Elvis, in the Great performances by Pris Presley. And now they come around, oh no you can't release that. We want to keep that under lock and key because it ruins Elvis image.
Geez. I think I'm going to change my avatar into official EPE merchandise, because that doesn't ruin his image.

KPM
02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh I did not know that concert footage from Elvis in Concert was at the heart of this suit-they own the footage lock stock and barrel so they are within their rights to sue.........what amazes me is that it has taken so long for them to finally act.
EIC footage has been bootlegged for years and years-and now they finally decide to stop the bootlegging of it?????
When the footage from EIC was used for This Is Elvis Parker was still involved and that was his call...in using the clips from EIC in
the Great Performances the purpose was to stress that even though physically Elvis was not the same man of 1970 - his voice was vocally far superior
and he could still sing his heart out.
I can understand why they do not want the footage to be released in total-but since it has been bootlegged for years I'm not sure of the reasoning at this point.
We all hate the image that the general public seems to have "fat, white jumpsuited, bloated in appearance slurring words" I do not think releasing this in total would help that perception, but I could be wrong.

Enikő Lugosi
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
the first 2 parts is PAGE ONE
the 3rd part shown is Page two

I split the first page into 2, when I posted it on ELVIS TKC, almost 24 hours ago...
also the first line above... was how I TITLED IT!

(another Elvis site had it before the weekend also)

Probably sent out to Web site servers also to stop the Elvis sites

They don't claim rights to the SOUNDBOARDS, but they do claim rights to ELVIS FANS FOOTAGE.....

Like we would give it to them for Nothing.. and it sounds like they wouldn't want to work with any fans footage.. even if you wanted...

Its a Request only... not a cease or else.

Mr Rex Martin,it's nice to see you post here. You're a legend in the Elvis-world.

Billy Budd
02-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Lisarose
02-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow, this was certainly interesting, and I just wish I had access to lots of personal funds, I would have loved to have owned this set, glad it was worth every penny/pound!

(y)(y)